31 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

...to post a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious special holidays bonus super premium gameplay video. Try to view it in HD.

Work in progress. This is not the finished game - but it's really starting to look like one. Many little thingies still not quite right, but will be straightened out soon.

Merry Midwinter Solstice everybody!

• ☠InDaSkies☠ and Frank Binder like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

Thank you very much for posting this!!

This is getting me VERY excited.

This whole game looks to be way more up my alley than TGC has been.

Curious: anything known about mouse swing yet? Don't recall seeing it in action anywhere.

I love PC golf for the mouse to click and aim and choose clubs but I am also definitely a mouse swing guy.

#3 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

Much thanks for the video K11!

Curious: anything known about mouse swing yet? Don't recall seeing it in action anywhere.

I love PC golf for the mouse to click and aim and choose clubs but I am also definitely a mouse swing guy.

There is a motion swing option that you can use which sounds similar to true swing on Tiger Woods PC.

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

Much thanks for the video K11!

There is a motion swing option that you can use which sounds similar to true swing on Tiger Woods PC.

Understand that there "is" a motion swing - I was more asking if anyone who's testing has used it yet and could comment on it.

I'm sort of wondering if the game may actually launch without it initially since it's never been seen in any of these test videos.

#5 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hey, great video, thanks K11 and Merry Christmas. I like 3-Click method and hope it will work fine (not too easy). Course and gamplay are looking very very good.

It´s hard to wait and just look videos + pics....

#6 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Thank you very much for posting this K11.

Can't wait to play (test) it.

clint

#7 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

Thank you for the video. Obviously, as mentioned, the game still has a few graphic anomalies but I think the course looks superb.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#8 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

Thanks all. Yes, there is a mouse swing (in due time there will be two: Vertical and horizontal). The vertical mouse swing is in the game already, but not tied to the swing animation yet. Mouse swingers, for now, need to use the swing meter for visual feedback. We're in late alpha (or pre-beta) right now, so not all the bits have fallen into place as yet.

I'm a 3-Clicker myself, but I'm sure one of our several mouse swing testers can tell you more.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#9 Maineah

Maineah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

thanks for the video K11... looking great!

I'm curious what the blue dot and crosshair was when you was doing the chip shots.. Was it changing the ball placement???

Maineah

#10 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

It was to change the impact point of the clubhead on the ball in order to play it higher or lower and control the amount of roll. Or add some draw and fade on longer shots. Same as in TWO, basically, which I happen to know you played alongside me. Nice to see your moustached face again, pal.

We currently only have the "chip" option in the shot center (the shot center being everything that appears inside the swing meter and that is used for club selection and shot making). Other shot types like "pitch" and "flop" are yet to be added in the near future - once the matching avatar animation is available. I had to improvise a bit without them. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#11 capitaine25_

capitaine25_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

Well, all looks very good to me, I can't wait to try it !!!

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

It was to change the impact point of the clubhead on the ball in order to play it higher or lower and control the amount of roll. 

That's not completely correct, it's not related to the point of impact on the ball as in real life impacting the ball near it's top would in fact 'top' the ball with it never becoming airborne. it's more a simple interface in order to visually change the trajectory and shape of the shot which in real life is managed my many different alterations in setup and swing and each player does it slightly differently. 

Of course if you set up for a left to right draw and then make a mistake in your swing your planned draw might turn into a hook, fly straight or even slice left to right. You still have to execute the shot correctly.

• Maineah likes this

#13 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Just curious, noticed that there is no pitch , or flop shot ,all I ever saw the chip shot available.

#14 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Curious: anything known about mouse swing yet?

I've been testing using the mouse swing and am loving it.  Your swing tempo, along with swing path, determines how straight and far your shot will go, negating any real advantage to using a straight edge.  If your tempo is off you will find your shots going left or right regardless of how straight your swing path was.  If your swing path is off you will find your shots going left or right regardless of how good your tempo was.  As Ben Hogan liked to say "you can only hit a ball straight by accident" and this applies to this game, especially at its' most difficult level.

At its' most difficult level, it is very difficult - as it should be.  Swing tempo is critical and at that level if your tempo is off you will be spraying the ball all over the course. 

However, when you do "groove" your tempo and can keep your focus and concentration you can break 90! :lol:   Shooting par at this level will be a definite accomplishment.

There are 2 different difficulty level controls with 4 settings each that players can tweak to find the difficulty level that best suits their desired level of challenge within the game.

• ed dawson and remers like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#15 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

Just curious, noticed that there is no pitch , or flop shot ,all I ever saw the chip shot available.

Kindly direct your attention to the last two sentences in post #10

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

I've been testing using the mouse swing and am loving it.  Your swing tempo, along with swing path, determines how straight and far your shot will go, negating any real advantage to using a straight edge.  If your tempo is off you will find your shots going left or right regardless of how straight your swing path was.  If your swing path is off you will find your shots going left or right regardless of how good your tempo was.  As Ben Hogan liked to say "you can only hit a ball straight by accident" and this applies to this game, especially at its' most difficult level.

At its' most difficult level, it is very difficult - as it should be.  Swing tempo is critical and at that level if your tempo is off you will be spraying the ball all over the course. 

However, when you do "groove" your tempo and can keep your focus and concentration you can break 90! :lol:   Shooting par at this level will be a definite accomplishment.

There are 2 different difficulty level controls with 4 settings each that players can tweak to find the difficulty level that best suits their desired level of challenge within the game.

Thank you for the mouse swing report!

I just hope that before long it's tied to the animation and not staring at the swing meter while doing it.  :-)

#17 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

What in game graphic settings did you use in this playthrough K11?

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

Has anyone been able to capture gameplay video that is perfectly smooth or is the game actually still stuttering?

Also. Has anyone seen a video without the ball tracer on? This particular ball tracer reminds me of silly string getting stretched out across the course

#19 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Has anyone been able to capture gameplay video that is perfectly smooth or is the game actually still stuttering?

Also. Has anyone seen a video without the ball tracer on? This particular ball tracer reminds me of silly string getting stretched out across the course

There are 3 settings for the 'ball tracer' in the game.

1.  The full tracer, which you've seen in the videos. I'll assume it was used just for visibility of the ball flight path.

2. A comet tracer, which is a very shot tracer behind the ball.

3. Disabled, which is no tracer. This is my preference and the one that I've been using throughout testing.

Regarding video stuttering, I think it's more a function of the 'capture', rather than 'in game' reality. This is something the developers are still working on. It's a work-in-process (WIP)

• Kablammo11 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#20 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

Kindly direct your attention to the last two sentences in post #10

LOL   so sorry. Thanks for the redirect