• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:06 AM

Was on the phone with Skytrak tech for at least four hours and he couldn't get it to work.  I purchased the $200 basic from Skytrak and the $35 program from Steam.  We bring the program up.  We get it hooked up and talking.  The red light comes on.  I hit the ball.  The Skytrak unit is reading the hit but the program is not reading it.  The Skytrak unit works fine with the program that came with it, but not with Perfect Golf.  We followed all the steps in the program.  The tech even hooked up to my computer so he could figure it out and was stumped.  He told me to contact you. Hopefully it's something easy.

#2 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hi, 

Do you get any shot data info showing in the PG Sim Connector window

skytraksimconnect.jpg

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#3 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

HI.  Thanks for responding.  If I arm the unit from the simulator console it registers shot data on the right.  When the console is connecting to skytrak  the red dot will appear momentarily and then turns off.  If I arm the unit and then hit a  ball and it does register.  It will not in the game however.  It I click on the simulator connect at the top I get a message that the PGSimmConnector has stopped working.  If I go immediately to the game, with or without arming the unit, it does not register anything when I hit the ball.  If I arm the unit and go to the game, the red dot is there.  I hit the ball.  The skytrak unit is reading the ball but no data is transferred to the game.  If I don't arm the unit before going to the game, no red dot appears. 

I'll decscribe this way now.  I load the game.  It connects to skytrak and perfect golf.  I load a round of golf.  The skytrak is not armed at this point.  There is no red dot to put the ball on in the game.  If I go back to the PC Simm connector window and arm the unit the red dot will appear while on the first hole.  Green light is on in the corner in both scenarios like it's ready but I hit the ball and nothing registers in the game so game just sit there and does nothing.

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

Can you post a screenshot of your SimConnect console like the one john posted above so we can see all the messages?

#5 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

How do I do a screen shot from windows 10 and insert?

#6 v8burble

v8burble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

From reading the posts above I'm not sure this will help but just to be clear...

when I purchased SkyTrak, the Season Pass option in the Club Shop in JNPG does NOT show purchased. In JNPG I MUST select SkyTrak as the simulator option and the console John posted above comes up, - I simply connect To SkyTrak, wait until it finds the SkyTrak and red blob goes green. Then select Connect to Perfect Golf , which only works if you have started Perfect Golf and have at least reached the main menu.

From that point on it works. I use the direct Usb cable between PC and SkyTrak but just wanted to post this in case any of the steps above help.

#7 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

I've tried a number of different ways to send a screen shot and can't figure a way.  So I will type the messages it goes through until it stops.

Both green lights come on so it is connected with skytrak and PG

Here's messages and the order:

Connecting to Skytrak....

SkyTrak is ready.

[IN DISCOVERING STATE]

Starting discovering...

RIPE will start discovering in 1 seconds.

MMS Web Service ESN "REE21TDMN17Q": Cache item isoutdated.   Started updating Total Shots Service Counter...

Discovered Box: SKYTRAK_C47F5101E0B2

Discovered Box: SKYTRAK_C47F5101E0B2

Connection Pending.....

SKYTRAK Connected
Can Use SkyTak As Simulator: True
CanUse Perfect Golf Driving Range and Practice Course: True
Can Use Perfect Golf Stock and Purchased Courses: True
Can use User Created Courses False
Has Future Perfect Golf Functionality False
Waiting for Connection From Perfect Golf.............
Sending Device ID

#8 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

Thanks v8.  I did go through all the steps you mentioned and it does not work.  HoweverI am not using a cable.  The tech said I don't need to.  He has hooked  a number up without it.  Maybe I should try that to see if it will work.  

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

If you are stuck on Sending DeviceID then something is interfering with the port connections between the sim console app and PG.  Basically the sim connector app is sending a notification of the device type to PG but PG never receives it.  I have spent quite some time troubleshooting someone with this problem and he has a government provided pc and it trying to use it on a government provided network without success.  Can you confirm you are using this at home on a residential PC and Network.

If you are then have you tried turning off firewalls. Thanks

#10 v8burble

v8burble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

Again... doubt this will help but I cannot use Network mode(wifi) since I am jumping on a public wifi, so have to use the USB cable, which works just great. Give it a try...might work well and do the job? USB extensions are cheap if your PC isn't too close.

#11 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:58 AM

Yes.  I'm using it in my home.  I turned off the firewall and it did not make any difference.  I suppose I should try the USB cable to see if that will work.  The tech said "don't" because I purchased the game improvement package and it's working fine with on the wi-fi.  So if that is communicating back and forth, why wouldn't PG.  I'm left handed and most of my friends are right handed so it's mice to move the skytrak back and forth without cables.   Tech was supposed to call this morning to get an update to see what's going on.  He did notI will give a call tomorrow and have him help me through hooking up the USB to see if will work that way and go from there unless you have another suggestion.

#12 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

I'm at a loss.  The tech from Skytrak by the name of Robert was supposed to call me yesterday at 9 am and did not.  I called this morning for him to contact me so we can try to hook this up direct with USB and he has not called back.  Do I need to see if I can get my money back and get a differenent simulator program.  I've spent a lot of money and time to get this up and running.  This is very frustrating.  Need help!

#13 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

You should try the USB connection.   You might need a driver for Windows.  Check on Skytrak's site.

#14 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:18 AM

Do you have an account on the www.onlinegolftour.net website?  I would be happy to chat with you on that site to try and get this working.  I know how fickle the skytrak can be as I have one and have helped others through some of this "pain."  Once you get it working it's pretty solid, but sometimes getting started can be a nightmare.  My name on OGT is also Tekbud.  Hit me up on chat over there after signing up for an account.  I work in IT so I'm a pretty decent troubleshooter of this stuff.

#15 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:43 AM

I didn't see this specified  - do you have an active game improvement package enabled with your skygolf subscription?

#16 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Oh and one more thing - the basic package is really a rip-off.  Spend the extra $50, do not pass go, go get the premium package.  There are over 100 courses already that are available to play and the numbers are growing rapidly.  You are going to be very disappointed you didn't spend the extra $50 for tournament play and for 90+ courses and growing every single day...

#17 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

PM Sent

#18 MBecker

MBecker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for all the replies.  Got a different computer and got things up and running.  Have another bug with switching from left to right handed players.  We load with right and left players and it will work fine for a couple holes and then quit auto switching from left handed to righted players.  I have to into the Simulator Console and do it manually.  It will switch back on the tee box but will not during play.  If I get out of the program and then reload it is ok for a couple more holes.  I have put this problem on the bugs only area but have not received a reply yet.

#19 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Glad you got it working.  

#20 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for all the replies.  Got a different computer and got things up and running.  Have another bug with switching from left to right handed players.  We load with right and left players and it will work fine for a couple holes and then quit auto switching from left handed to righted players.  I have to into the Simulator Console and do it manually.  It will switch back on the tee box but will not during play.  If I get out of the program and then reload it is ok for a couple more holes.  I have put this problem on the bugs only area but have not received a reply yet.

I'm lefty myself and I have my Skytrak and JNPG set to left handed player. I play alone or with my kids (also left handed) so I don't need to change it to right handed mode and this works just fine.

Some people in the different golf simulator forums have noticed this same bug in ST and have resolved it by setting the SkyTrak and all the players to the same handedness. This way you don't need to change the place of ST, other players just hit over it. ST reads data from the ball, so it doesn't matter from what side the club comes from. If you are in the practice mode, only draws and fades are opposite to some players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users