#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

the pics are great,just don't care much for the avatar hope something better comes out when the game is ready.

thanks for the pics and you're time

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

Thanks Simon for the gr8 shots, I am limited to what I can do.. :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

the pics are great,just don't care much for the avatar hope something better comes out when the game is ready.

thanks for the pics and you're time

Care to help the Dev's and let them know what it is you don't like?

;)

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

Re: Avatar:  It appears as though he's got a very dramatic HDR effect going on with his clothing.  The shading and detail is just too extreme (on the clothes for example)

Re:  Photos:  Sign me up - Loving the look

Also - To the Dev's - Thank you for having an overhead map and lots of options (as it looks like in the videos so far) -- Not all developers seem to get that, we, the actual people playing the game, have different ways we like to experience video golf and that forcing a "certain experience" on us does not endear us to the product.

PG is looking tremendous!

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

Re: Avatar:  It appears as though he's got a very dramatic HDR effect going on with his clothing.  The shading and detail is just too extreme (on the clothes for example)

Also - To the Dev's - Thank you for having an overhead map and lots of options (as it looks like in the videos so far) -- Not all developers seem to get that, we, the actual people playing the game, have different ways we like to experience video golf and that forcing a "certain experience" on us does not endear us to the product.

The avatar was basically pushed out for testing as a bit of a rush job by the Dev's, as quite a few of us were asking for one, lol. I would say he is far from finished and will see plenty of reworking in how he addresses the ball, swings and appears. At present I would be inclined to call him AL FER.

;)

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

I agree, I think it is something with the lighting, I have mentioned it already. Thank ya Kindly..

Also, indeed these dev's are very aware of having choices for all when at all possible... Peace

Ah yes, early stages though too... ;)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

Been having a tinker with some of the replay cameras while playing to get some different views of the game

Running the Fly By camera before playing approach shot

peGaXr2.jpg

Using the Landing cam to watch my putt

EoPhpiR.jpg

Using Reverse cam to watch the same putt

YHkWxS2.jpg

Using reverse cam to watch a greenside bunker shot

ClagUcS.jpg

;)

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#9 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

I agree, the normal maps on the golfer are a bit extreme at the moment and I have already done some experiments with different shaders and maps. The clothing looks generally looks too 'hard' at the moment so it's on the to do list. 

Nice spot!

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#10 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

Reposted from the "Tis the season thread"

How does the ball flight look without the follow camera and with no tracer/comet?

I always thought that Links 2003 did an excellent job of making the ball look realistic as it flew away from the player before it cut to a dynamic camera (if enabled) 

Any video of this from PG so far?

#11 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Been having a tinker with some of the replay cameras while playing to get some different views of the game

peGaXr2.jpg

EoPhpiR.jpg

Using Reverse cam to watch the same putt
YHkWxS2.jpg

Using reverse cam to watch a greenside bunker shot
ClagUcS.jpg

;)

I'm hoping that eventually we will have these different camera views switchable in real time.

-MERACE

#12 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Nice shots, and thanks for sharing! Really like the new dimension that different lighting angles and time of day provides for the game.

Ken

#13 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the screenshots guys.  You're making the wait for the early alpha all the longer. ;)

I'm hoping that eventually we will have these different camera views switchable in real time.

Agreed.  I love that about the TW PC games.  Hopefully it will be added in addition to the ability to get just about any camera angle you want (similar to the way you could do it in TW by right clicking the mouse and moving it around).

• axe360 likes this

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

Reposted from the "Tis the season thread"

How does the ball flight look without the follow camera and with no tracer/comet?

I always thought that Links 2003 did an excellent job of making the ball look realistic as it flew away from the player before it cut to a dynamic camera (if enabled) 

Any video of this from PG so far?

I didn't mean to ignore your question, bortimus. It's just a bit tricky to give a good answer to it.

On highest resolution you get to see a few pixels flickering in the distance when the cam is set to panorama or player cam and the ball flies away in the distance (even though the ball is artificially magnified a bit to be visible at all). In front of a white cloud, you don't see a thing. If I post a 720p video without a tracer or a comet, viewers can't see a thing at all neither. Obviously, in follow cam mode, visibility is fine.

Since I am currently still "learning" to play and need to get precise feedback on cause (swing meter mishits) and effect (flight path, deviations), I find the the tracer helpful in visualizing my performance atm. It can give you a lot of clues and allows for an effect similar to live golf broadcasts when they insert the ball tracer on certain tee shots.

Since the cam is tracking the ball and places it always at the exact center of the screen, you can always roughly guess where it might be by focussing on the center point of the image.

Best possible answer, then: It sort of works, I'd say, and what matters is your own, personal choice of how you want to be shown the game.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#15 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Playing at 1920x1080 I totally lose the ball on the second half of its flight, without the comet. Sometimes I think I pick it up but it always ends up being a mark on the screen from when I last sneezed.

#16 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the replies Kablammo and shimonko.

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

peGaXr2.jpg

I LOVE this shot - The look is superb and is so very very lifelike of being out on a real golf course.

AWESOME!!!

#18 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

Playing at 1920x1080 I totally lose the ball on the second half of its flight, without the comet. Sometimes I think I pick it up but it always ends up being a mark on the screen from when I last sneezed.

LOL! :D

I LOVE this shot - The look is superb and is so very very lifelike of being out on a real golf course.

AWESOME!!!

The course designs have always looked great before adding the golfer.  Having the golfer in there now just adds so much more realism to it.  The icing on the cake.  Have I mentioned I can't wait to play this?  ;) :P

#19 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

And hey ya'll, these aren't Pictures entered into a game.. As if you couldn't tell but thought I would mention it..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#20 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

I'm glad to report that today's update has improved the ball visibility so comets/tracers are no longer needed. It looks good.

• IanK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users