#181 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:33 AM

We're working on big updates too including mo cap golfers, 3d grass, better lighting, career mode but we still keep updating the game in the meantime.

Anyways in regard to golf game sequels we've had waterfalls in PG since the first build, we've had multiple tees in PG since first build, we've had multiple flags in PG since first build, We've had tempo in our swing since first build, we've had multiple water levels in PG since first build etc etc  :lol:

mo cap golfers, much needed thing.

better lighting, very much needed.

good to hear.

#182 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:33 AM

Hope that grass is still bieng worked on. Fairway grass should be shorter. I cut my front lawn shorter. Than that. Looks good so far though.. the lighting looks much better
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#183 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

I agree... people just can't stop talking about this person, its so strange.  

Agree 100%

I like a different golf game than you guys do.  Some not very bright people aren't capable of handling that.  Kudos to you for being someone who can.

I don't rag on this game on this forum because it would be rude nor do I play defender of the realm of TGC here because that is equally as pointless which is a fact that the not very bright people should grasp.

If I had my way there'd be no discussion of this game on that forum nor any of that game on this.  It never accomplishes anything other than stupidity.  But HB likes the click revenue generated.

What's awesome is everyone has their own option on what they prefer and it really shouldn't matter who likes what.

• GoldenBear likes this

#184 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

72f4a16edb.jpg

Hope that grass is still bieng worked on. Fairway grass should be shorter. I cut my front lawn shorter. Than that. Looks good so far though.. the lighting looks much better

Can see where Slice is coming from here. Whilst the new TE looks really, really good and a nice step up from the 2D grass we have now, looking at the grass length in the pic, if that is fairway grass it looks a little wooly, lol. If you zoom in on the pic,you can see how much of the shoe the grass is covering, which looks more like a first cut to my eyes. Yes some club fairways are sometimes a little wooly, but seeing as we are mostly replicating top class tour venues, the fairway grass needs to be appropriately short.

Just wondering if the intention is to allow designers to set lenghts of grass for things like fairway etc, or if it comes at a set height set by PP?

• brokenclub likes this

#185 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

I think that if the grass was too much shorter there wouldn't be much point in having it in 3D. I would rather have it like this than in 2D.
  • RobV likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#186 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, this is a bit of a gray area... I don't know that properly cut fairway grass would cover that much of the sole of a shoe.  Then again, it has to be tall enough for Turf Effects to be able to give it some 3-D definition.  This might not be physically possible to represent in 1080p before it starts looking out of scale.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#187 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

We can make the fairway grass shorter but then at normal view height when playing the game it would practically be invisible.

Maybe we could make it so you get more flyers from the fairway  :lol:

#188 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

We can make the fairway grass shorter but then at normal view height when playing the game it would practically be invisible.

I'm perfectly fine as it is....only time we would use a camera that low would be on the green and pretty sure that the green textures would be far more closely trimmed.....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#189 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

I'm perfectly fine as it is....only time we would use a camera that low would be on the green and pretty sure that the green textures would be far more closely trimmed.....

I'd say it's too early to make a call on this.  We'll have a much better idea of how it will look and work once we see some gameplay video with 3-D grass, especially from shot camera positions.  I can't imagine how the closely cropped grass on the green could be represented in 3-D at 1080p.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#190 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'd say it's too early to make a call on this.  We'll have a much better idea of how it will look and work once we see some gameplay video with 3-D grass, especially from shot camera positions.  I can't imagine how the closely cropped grass on the green could be represented in 3-D at 1080p.

I am fine with it.....trust me if there is little to no framerate hit, we won't be too worried about it. When you consider that you will rarely, if ever have that low of a camera angle 99% of the time we are playing, I doubt it will matter.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#191 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:08 AM

Not worried bout the camera angle more worried about the game giving you a penalty from the fairway. I could care less about the looks, I want game play to be correct first. Then the looks can come after. But it's not my game don't say I dididn't warn ya. Kinda like what happend wirh putting.
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#192 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

Not worried bout the camera angle more worried about the game giving you a penalty from the fairway. I could care less about the looks, I want game play to be correct first. Then the looks can come after. But it's not my game don't say I dididn't warn ya. Kinda like what happend wirh putting.

Really. So why in an earlier post say:-

Is that not a concern with the appearance?

:D  :D 

#193 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

Appreciate what you saying Mike. Just don't want ball to appear to be a third covered with the blades of grass when sat on the fairway.

I guess it is best left until we actually see it in action before getting too anal about its appearance.

#194 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

Well daz i said what i said so all ya all can have fun picking apart how i said things instead of thinking of a way to correct a problem before it gets released to the public. Better to be proactive than reactive
Ncccrca.jpg

#195 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:55 AM

before getting too anal about its appearance.

Too late... LOL

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#196 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

so when's the animations and 3d grass coming?

is it coming together or in small updates?

#197 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

so when's the animations and 3d grass coming?

is it coming together or in small updates?

I think in the next release of the game?   At least that's what I thought I read. 

#198 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

I think the length looks fine.  Fairly similar to this fairway at Congressional.

8037.TT.JPG

72f4a16edb.jpg

• DivotMaker, gravedodger, erwildcat and 2 others like this

#199 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

I'm curious to see how this is implemented into making textures.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#200 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:55 AM

If you cant see the difference between the two photos and legnth of grass perhaps you may want to see an eye doctor. Just saying.
Ncccrca.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users