3 replies to this topic

#1 mikee_j

mikee_j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Hi guys, first post...

Download CF today and think its fantastic.

The tutorials to get a beginner like me up and running are perfect and easy to follow. Built my first hole and played it with zero issues within 30mins. 

The tools available are brilliant and looking forward to getting good at using this.

Navigation takes a little getting used to, but that's used practice.

Nest step now, is to somehow get some terrain info for my local course in the UK and recreate the entire course...

Thanks all...

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

Thanks for the thumbs up, lots of great info in the Q&A forum and there will be more tutorials coming in the near future as well.

#3 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

I have to second the comments about CF.  I am just about finished with my second iteration of Firestone South. The first one used Bing height data and the second one used Lidar data.

It is truly amazing how good the software is and how quickly you can recreate a course if you have Lidar data.  Thanks to everyone both at Perfect Parallel and the forums for your help.

• ed dawson likes this

#4 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:05 AM

This is the main reason I was interested in Perfect Golf was the course creator - Course Forge - which I noticed in a video I think in 2014 or maybe 2013 or earlier anyway it was worth the wait and the icing on the cake is the constant upgrades to the game itself - Perfect Golf - the tutorials of CF  and then too the reality that it works without a lot of bugs. So having an activity like this that one can sit and deal with for an hour or so is even therapeutic much better than an online shooter whoo hoo 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users