18 replies to this topic

#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

Last gift before the Holidays! I have spent some time developing a Tee Marker Asset package. My ultimate goal is training you in Blender to create your own tee markers. However, I figure this is an easier starting point and gives me some time to get the videos together for the tutorials.

I assume this asset package will help those that don't want to create their own 3D assets and will help get your feet wet with editing textures in Photoshop. In order to get custom textures using my package, I highly recommend a program that can read a .psd file. I have built all textures to be easily modified in layers so that you can get something custom in less than 10 minutes and being back in the game.

It sounds as if Mike and PP will be releasing their own stuff soon as well. Hopefully, what I'm showing here will be a good addition to what they will be putting out there. I did not want to wait for their stuff because of the unknown time table and I put in a fair bit of hours and didn't want to feel like I wasted my time.

There are 6 tee markers. Text, colors and logos should all be changeable with some basic graphic editing know how. I am adding in a video here to get you going in the right direction. I would consider this a beta as I have no idea what will happen on your end with what I am gifting. We can modify as we go.

Make sure you watch the video in its entirety so as not to be grabbing the wrong files. You should not go in the "Mesh" folder unless you desire to change the scale of your object.

I didn't test but in the past my objects have not done very well with "Dynamic Sky". If you want to see these in all of their glory, please turn Dynamic Sky "OFF".

Enjoy!

Dropbox link for DPR Tee Marker Asset Package https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

What you get - pic #1

MHCDIAm.jpg

What you get - pic #2

Cp8fSDp.jpg

How to Create Custom Textures for your new tees and Import/Place in Unity/CF

• Mike Jones, Dazmaniac, highfade and 7 others like this

#2 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:07 AM

What a nice gift  mate, tee box varieties were lacking so this this is very much appreciated

and to top it off a video how to create them as well- brilliant, i can use your s and make my own, i downloaded blender

months ago and gave up after i found the textures part too much, but i think i can have another go in blender and follow your video

Yeh i did see mikes going to do Tee box tutorial too but we have options now make them in blender or Unity

Thanks DP  for taking time and sharing 

#3 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

Thanks DPR and Merry Christmas!

Very nice package :).

• DPRoberts likes this

#4 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

Wonderful gift to the community! Thanks!

• DPRoberts likes this

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

Hopefully the dynamic sky issue will be a thing of the past once the new Unity 5.5 builds are being tested, with it including lighting updates

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

Great Gift DP, and nice wrapping too, Thanks and..

MERRY CHRISTMAS

• DPRoberts likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

Nice!

I've made a few myself but they are generally of the boring single-color ball or cube variety, so these are great.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#8 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for sharing DP.  Merry Christmas

• DPRoberts likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#9 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Those look superb DP, Merry Christmas!
  • DPRoberts likes this

#10 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

My first Blender Tee Markers for The Walker Course at Clemson S.C.

GO ! TIGERS !   

UmIwpZG.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#11 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:50 PM

Looks great Neal! Be sure to run a test with CF in Editor. You may find they lay flat or are rotated in an odd way. I can help you if that's the case. Sometimes, Unity doesn't correctly import Blender rotations and positions.

Obviously, I will cover in the videos to come but I applaud your go getter attitude. Not bad for a Clemson Tiger.

The correct response, however, is Go Buckeyes!!
O-H...I-O

#12 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Thanks DP, The markers came out on top

this time, just like the Tigers will Saturday night

when we kick your Buckeye Butt..hehe.

#13 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:07 AM

thank you DPR,

It's so nice of you to do  that for the community. Have a happy New Year and see you in 2017.

MrCobra

#14 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

DPRoberts I saw that you can rotate the tee markers in your hierarchy window when you're testing them, you have to double-click on each one anyway to move it in place, you can just rotate it -90 or 90 degrees then they'll be set to how you want. 

#15 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:12 AM

DPRoberts I saw that you can rotate the tee markers in your hierarchy window when you're testing them, you have to double-click on each one anyway to move it in place, you can just rotate it -90 or 90 degrees then they'll be set to how you want. 

Rotating the tee markers by choosing the tee marker in the hierarchy that appears after choosing "Test Tee Marker" is rotating a "clone" of your tee marker and will not induce any permanent change to the actual marker in your PG build. You should also make sure that you "Remove Marker" after testing or you will see 2 instances of your tee marker in game. 1 set of markers will be the "clones" you have created and the other is the set that is automatically placed by the PG build at locations that you have deemed to be tees. In other words, you do not want any tee marker objects to be visible when you "Build" your course.

As it works for me, any rotations I have made within Unity of the prefab of the tees never corresponded to an in game representation. I believe for whatever reason the object space rotations that are present on importation of your "tee object" are what present on build. It is essentially built in to the mesh and not controlled at the prefab level. It is a small bit of trial and error but I have a system of export from Blender that works and I make rotations in Blender and re-export to fix if I have any issues. It is possible this can be managed in Unity but I never gotten it to work for me.

This picture below is of the Inspector settings of the imported object (medallion_champ) that is my .fbx file for my champ tee. You can see the object rotations are greyed out. It is these settings that dictate appearance in JNPG, even after creating a Prefab of this and attempting rotations.

The only way I can affect these numbers is in Blender and re-import. If you can show me an easier way, that would be great.

d7EV8V8.jpg

#16 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

One more image to help explain my point. I have rotated my prefab in the "Z" dimension to force my tee marker to lay flat. I then replaced this in the "gear" settings for the tee marker object, yet you see my marker still stands up correctly. For me, prefab changes have no impact on the marker.

vAkY8FA.jpg

#17 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

DPRoberts... I am 9 holes into making my first course and I've already used your bulkheads/walls package and now I stumble on to this.

Thanks so much for making these and for taking the time to do the videos of how to use them.  It really is a wonderful gift for Christmas.  Even if I am a year late to the party :D

Merry Christmas (2017)

• DPRoberts likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#18 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

Merry Christmas DP! Ditto on using your walls! Also working on a clubhouse and hotel using your utility. Look forward to trying this next! Thanks!

#19 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

Hi- I'm a real newbie to this but Justin & Axe have been a big help. I'm working on Toledo CC & it's going fairly well & I just want to thank you for posting these things for us designer wanna-be's. It's nice to fing such nice people who will give of their time & effort to help others. It's very much appreciated and NOT taken for granted. Thanks again so much. Getting ready to tackle blender so I can ultimately do a simple one story clubhouse. Looks a little intimidating :)

• DPRoberts and Rkenn_ like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users