#21 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Now I have people telling me the course and the elevations are "completely wrong". I'm confused here. Do they think they are playing a different course? 

I used 1m LIDAR for this so to say I'm puzzled would be an understatement.

I know searching for Cherry Hills yields a couple of ugly looking public courses elsewhere in the US that look nothing like this one; maybe that is what they thought they were playing?

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#22 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Ignore it until they show you specific evidence of an error.  If all they're going to do is say, "Course sucks man, all the holes are wrong", then ignore them.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#23 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

Are people thrown off by the elevation and think the distances for approaches are wrong because they are missing the greens?   

#24 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

On the first hole I got a real bullet bounce but I thought I'd hit the very edge of a bunker.  Subsequent holes did seem to have more bounce on the fairways.

#25 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

The altitude is very much a factor on this course so I suspect it's throwing people off.

#26 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

Just finished a round with the final version; shot 66 using easy pins and normal greens/fairways. The altitude factor works as its should and must be taken into consideration when planning your shots.

Great job Matt as always, and thanks for another fine course for PG. :)

Ken

#27 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:13 AM

AI went into water on 17 and continued to play in the water.

Played the course again last night. AI hit into the water on 17 again, but this time took a drop, so it must be only a certain area that caused the earlier issue.

Really nice course. The only thing I'd like to see added is the tee markers casting ground shadows, as they look a little 'floaty' and unnatural without them.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#28 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

17 is tricky as it is an island; in order to do it right, the hazard spline has to overlap itself in one area; in this case I've done it underneath the bridge. I had one person in the beta group tell me that they hit the ball into the water close to the bridge and were able to play out of it without penalty; after an attempt to hit the ball there I experienced the same, so I did quite a bit of moving things around and testing in that area from that point on. I also put colliders on the bridge as I found a ball hit into it could fly through it. Upon further testing it appeared that both issues were fixed, but now I'm not so sure. I'm convinced that no amount of vigilance seems to completely eliminate such weirdness.

Were you by any chance near the bridge when it happened?

#29 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

I guessed it was probably down to CF limitations and being an island green. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention when the computer player hit into the water. I didn't see a bridge on his next two shots in the water, but that may just be due to the camera angle I was viewing it from. I thought we were going to have to quit the round, but on his third shot he managed to get the ball back into play.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#30 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Mathew i'm sorry about saying the distances & elevation was wrong as i was invited to play on Cheery Hills and was not aware  of the altitude as the host never said anything about it.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users