• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Vader jr.

Vader jr.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

This will be my final post here before the game launches.  No need to ban me, I will ban myself after this post.  :) LOL

Mid January has come, and after next week, it will be gone.      

Look fellas, you can't hold onto your child forever.  At some point they must leave for college and move away from their parents.   You must let them go.  :)

The videos I've seen so far (for PG) show much more professionalism than anything put out by HB studios last April.   HB Studios has set the bar so unbelievably low that PG, even in its current beta state, is still light years beyond anything coming from Nova Scotia.

Need I remind you fellas that TGC released into early access with several "game breaking" issues like NO UNPLAYABLE LIE OPTIONS (except to whiff until you max out the strokes) and 100% BLIND PUTTS caused by avatars being blocked by tall bushes near the green.  Plus other issues like avatars that didn't tilt properly with sloping land, causing your feet to sink into the ground and/or float upward from the ground.   Oh, and rocks that had no collision properties whatsoever.  I could list 20 more issues for TGC, but I won't.  

So whatever you have so far is already more than good enough for open beta.   What difference does it make at this point if your game is tested by open beta testers or closed beta testers?   Beta is beta and everybody knows it's not finished yet.  I'd argue that open beta testers will give you much better feedback than your closed beta testers.

Frankly, I don't care if you wait until next summer to release PG -- since without Course Forge I'll be stuck playing your plain vanilla courses which will probably leave me bored out of my gord in about 2 days.   Thus I don't anticipate playing much PG until CF gets released later this year.  But until you decide to release PG on Steam, Course Forge won't make any progress from its current state. 

We all know about the 'missed' 2013 launch date.  No need for PP's many loyalists to trot that out again for the umpteenth time. 

Please just figure out a date and make your best guess.  If it's next month or next March then just say it.  If it's Superbowl weekend, just say it.   When companies miss a deadline they usually create a new one, they don't usually ban deadlines altogether simply because they missed one. 

Oh... and please stop minutiae-diving. :)  Perfection is not attainable.   Getting a "more polished" game is always attainable, but if you keep using that as an excuse then you'll never go into open beta.

An extra few days/weeks of minor bug fixes won't mean jack diddly squat to beta testers on Steam.  The videos tell the tale.  PG is more than ready for open beta testing to begin (and for CF to begin getting more attention). 

:)  bye bye

I shall ban myself now.   See y'all on the flip side.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

bye Neil....

In case you return, I have a special hug waiting for you.. ;)

#3 Jel

Jel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

Strictly speaking there are 30 days in January so tomorrow (the 15th) will be the middle of the month  ;)

#4 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Yes Vader, Mike said they were hoping for a release mid Jan, but they didn't say WHICH YEAR, so why are you so upset?  :lol:

• ed dawson likes this

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#5 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Strictly speaking there are 30 days in January so tomorrow (the 15th) will be the middle of the month  ;)

Hm, I'd take you calendar back to the store and ask for a refund. Strictly speaking there are 31 days in January. I stand to be corrected on this, but I thought the statement was more on the line of mid-January. In my mind, that implies a spread of days, not a specific date. What's a reasonable spread? Ask 6 people and get 7 different answers with a range of 1 to 7 days on either side of the 15th.

If it's any consolation, the testers were informed today that the underlying Steam delivery mechanics were in the process of being implemented. That leads me to believe that EA is imminent.

So, keep hanging in there. ;)

Richard

Posted Image

#6 capitaine25_

capitaine25_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

I really hope that early access is imminent, I am having high hopes about this game and I am pretty sure they will deliver all expectations !!! Any news about the crap that ea intend to release this year also with the bullshit battleship.. I can't find anything anywhere !!! hahahah

#7 Jel

Jel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hm, I'd take you calendar back to the store and ask for a refund. Strictly speaking there are 31 days in January. I stand to be corrected on this, but I thought the statement was more on the line of mid-January. In my mind, that implies a spread of days, not a specific date. What's a reasonable spread? Ask 6 people and get 7 different answers with a range of 1 to 7 days on either side of the 15th.

If it's any consolation, the testers were informed today that the underlying Steam delivery mechanics were in the process of being implemented. That leads me to believe that EA is imminent.

So, keep hanging in there. ;)

I stand corrected there are indeed 31 days in January. I will now perform hari-kari on myself or is it hara-kiri, to late, oh ouch that hurts.   

#8 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

The game looks so good that it's driving people to ban themselves from the forum due to the distress of not playing it yet. :lol:

This is a good thing ;)

• Ron Piskorik and balaceanca81 like this

#9 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

I stand corrected there are indeed 31 days in January. I will now perform hari-kari on myself or is it hara-kiri, to late, oh ouch that hurts.   

Oh, please don't do that!! I'd hate to find out that you missed the 'imminent' EA due to your demise. :D

Richard

Posted Image

#10 Jel

Jel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Oh, please don't do that!! I'd hate to find out that you missed the 'imminent' EA due to your demise. :D

Okay I'll hold off as I'm now excited about PG's "imminent" release. I may however rethink my hari kari if keep getting on in regulation and then 3 putting  :wacko:

#11 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

Okay I'll hold off as I'm now excited about PG's "imminent" release. I may however rethink my hari kari if keep getting on in regulation and then 3 putting  :wacko:

In that case, I see you in the next world!! :P But, at least you would have gotten in 3 holes of EA. :P

Richard

Posted Image

#12 Blackadar

Blackadar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

Some of us who were kickstarter backers, in the alpha and provided feedback somehow weren't invited to the Steam beta. Don't ask me why or how.

Oh well, I guess I'll wait until release.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#13 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Steam comment:

Perfect Parallel  [author] 21 hours ago 
There are no plans to charge for Course Forge when it is released. It will be Free DLC

We are down to items in the single figures to fix before release so on target for Jan Early Access

As to cost we are still thinking about it but it will be affordable.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#14 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

I just started playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, so I still have almost four complete games in the AC series to keep me busy, so no need to rush the Early Access release for me...  :lol:

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#15 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

I got my hopes up upon seeing the thread title. :)  Early release can't be too far off though if they only have a handful of items to fix.  I'm going to be drooling seeing this on my home theater PC setup. :P

#16 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

I hope Early Access is this month but it won't hurt me to wait longer...as I've been waiting for a great golf game for a long while now.

Not sure how long I will be able to wait for Course Forge though!!! I do a lot of 3d work for my job and can't wait to design some courses.

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#17 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

We will be ready for Early Access in January!

Whether we get all the steam stuff done is a different issue, going to be submitting the store page to them today for approval!

• Jimbo63, KenR, Richard and 5 others like this

#18 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

Whether we get all the steam stuff done is a different issue, going to be submitting the store page to them today for approval!

That's great news!!!  :D Thanks for the update.

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#19 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

OOO I'm starting to tingle with exictement!! :)

#20 Jel

Jel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

Yes great news ! I am very much looking forward to a round of golf with PG as the hyperthermic temperatures have now settled in on the north east US.

Any news on any launch monitors it will support at launch ? I know there are some NDC restrictions on naming exact ones but a yes or no would be cool at this stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users