#1 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Pushing letter "T" won't hack it (I keep getting THE Cheviot). Tried C- no. The only way I know without going through the whole alphabet is go to the NEXT letter after T which on PG's case is W and then go backward (I found only 1 or 2 back). The purge TPC is there also.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

just type T-P-C in succession ... you can spell the entire course name if you wish (probably need to do so without pausing/breaking for too long, or it may start a new search), but you are not limited to using only the first letter of the course name.

• StoneComet likes this

#3 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

just type T-P-C in succession ... you can spell the entire course name if you wish (probably need to do so without pausing/breaking for too long, or it may start a new search), but you are not limited to using only the first letter of the course name.

Thanks! Didn't know that. Helps a lot...

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

I think it all depends how the course file that folks download is named.

Example.

Woody's Practice Range - the file in the courses folder is called practicearea1_0_0

So if you want to get to it in the carousel, you would need to type P and not W.

TPC Scottsdale courses folder is called scottsdalev1_3

So you would need to type S and T

#5 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

Example.

Woody's Practice Range - the file in the courses folder is called practicearea1_0_0

So if you want to get to it in the carousel, you would need to type P and not W.

I think my download was called cheviot_1_1, so I'm not sure if that is always the case. My "The Cheviot" course shows up along with the other 'C' courses (which I think is correct), so hitting 'T' takes you to the first instance of a course beginning with 'T' which leaves you in the middle of the 'C' courses. Yep, multiple letter searching bypasses this issue.

Looking at another thread (http://www.perfectpa.../8012-carousel/), I believe my course appears under the 'C' because of the way the download, or course folder is named, not some clever ordering of the course list to remove the 'The' from the front.

Following that logic, looking at the 'courses' folder, I assume 'The Grove' (sorry, I haven't purchased it yet) is found under 'T', not 'G' as the download, or course file is 'thegrove1_0_3u5'?

Sorry, in the future, I'll name my courses differently...or at least be consistent and have the course folder and the course name the same.

#6 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Example.

You can get directly to Woody's Practice Range by typing "woo".  " tpc s" will get you to TPC Scotsdale while "scot" gets you to Old Scotch Links.  Either "clu" or "sc" will get you to Club Scwharzwald.  If you know where you want to go it's not that hard to get exactly where you want to be.   :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users