Photo

Course forge Icons

Best Answer Bruce R , 24 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

Many thanks to all your replies, really appreciate it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:27 AM

On watching Mikes Tutorials, After turning on Course forge, pressing tab twice, I find I have a list of Icons, but some are hidden down the left hand side.

The scene window is set to wide as Mike instructed and I have the single coloumn for all my assets.

Question is how do I get all the icons to show.

My laptop screen size is projected onto an external screen at 1920x1080 resolution

Attached File  Unity scene 1.jpg   22.45KB   1 downloads

CGX Bruce R

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

Have you placed your mouse cursor at bottom of the scene and expanded the window?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hey Bruce, how you been? I have the same issue and have went thru it with Mike and determined it's my screen size (1440x900) not like 1920x1080 etc. So what I have to do is Maximize the scene in order to see the Icon that is covered by the Layers Icon which is the Build splines icon.. I have tried other resolutions but none uncover the icon. I have learned to be able to use it though even though I can just barely see it..

Ooops I just read that you do have 1980x1020. But, that's what I was told. So now maybe this will help us to find a different reason that this is happening? I have tried everything I can think of, to no avail. Hope this helps.

picture001.jpg

picture002.jpg

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#4 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

I have had to set my windows to Tall instead of Wide to be able to see all the icons. 

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

I have had to set my windows to Tall instead of Wide to be able to see all the icons. 

Yes thanks, that is another workaround. I just don't like that view at all and really wish, we could find out the issue. I and Mike thought it was because of my 1440x900 res. but since Bruce has 1920x1080 now I'm not so sure.. Like I said, though, I can just see enough of the "build Icon" that I've gotten used to it..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#6 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Not an expert but his laptop may be set at a lower resolution as he said its projected onto a big screen at the higher res

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Not an expert but his laptop may be set at a lower resolution as he said its projected onto a big screen at the higher res

In that case, the less than 1920x1080 theory by Mike, still holds water.. Good catch. Although I didn't see that at first.. ;)

I and BruceR must be the only 2 ppl in the WORLD that have less than 1920x1080 :rolleyes: Cause I haven't heard Anyone but us, with this issue. "no game breaker though" :D

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#8 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

If the laptop screen is "off" when being projected, the resolution could be higher than the laptop's display.  If the screen is simply duplicated to the projector, I don't think it will really be a different resolution.

#9 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

I have found that when working with Unity, My text, apps and other things in Display settings was on 150%, Scaled it down to 100%.

I can now work in Unity with all the icons showing down the left hand side.

125% is the reccomended setting, but I find scaling down to that didnt work, all the icons on the desktop in Windows 10 look really small, and being the age I am find it hard to work with everything scaled down to 100% for anything other than Unity, Not sure about in game how it would look.

But for now I can work in Unity in Wide view with everything I needed, and will revert to the 125% when I am not.

The display is Duplicated, I did try to extend it, and also make screen 1 my default, it just reverted back to duplicated screen.

You are supposed to sign out and back in again after scaling down as some apps dont respond to the lower setting unless you do, but as I am only using it for Unity, I am going to skip that.

CGX Bruce R

#10 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:07 AM   Best Answer

Many thanks to all your replies, really appreciate it.

CGX Bruce R

#11 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

Glad you got it sorted Bruce, now don't forget to mark the topic "Solved".. ;)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#12 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

Cheer's Larry Mate. :) 

Happy Days, Now much easier to navigate as well.

• axe360 likes this

CGX Bruce R

#13 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Bruce,

If you're default is 125% scaling in Windows, you should be able to disable the scaling when you start Unity.  Right-click on the Unity shortcut, choose the Compatibility tab, and select the option to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".  Then, when you start Unity, it won't assume the 125% scaling that Windows has and will run "normally".  That should prevent you from having to log off every time you want to use Unity and every time you are done with Unity.

As a side note, you can make the icons on Windows 10 larger by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing "View".  You'll have 3 options for the icon size:  small, medium and large.  However, that only affects the size of the icons and when you open the programs/games, they may be difficult to see (i.e., small, like as if there is no scaling applied).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users