9 replies to this topic

#1 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

For the first time today, I experienced a problem where I hit a tee shot on the first hole of a course and it didn't register on the screen but it was recorded on the console. The info on the main screen showed a distance of 0 yards and the text on the left side indicated that the ball was hit out of bounds (which wouldn't have been possible in this case). Looking at the data on the right side of the console screen looked typical for ball speed, LA, spin, etc., but the shot type said "putt." After realizing that the game was stuck in putting mode, I was able to activate normal mode on the console and make a tee shot that showed up correctly on screen. This same problem came up occasionally throughout the round, but I was able to switch modes manually on the console and play normally at times. By the way, I'm using SkyTrak as input to JNPG.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Could this be related in any way to the recent update? Do I need to change any settings to get back to having the normal mode be the default on the tee?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

Could it be something to do with the course?  What course were you playing?

EDIT:  I didn't realize that a new version had been pushed overnight.  My questions can probably be ignored! 

Edited by Armand, 27 January 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

A fix for this has been pushed

#4 Piazzz33

Piazzz33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

Are these pushes automatically installed through steam because I am still consistently having to switch back from putt mode to normal mode at almost every tee box. There nothing like hittting a great tee shot then having to switch it over to normal mode. Only to shank the next one in the woods!

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:20 PM

I believe so yes.  What version does it say in the bottom right of the main screen

#6 Piazzz33

Piazzz33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:14 AM

Did this also say that ball tracer colors could be changed? I don't see where it gets done

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

In the console if is discussed in the patch yhread

#8 brnixon

brnixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

I posted in another thread but got no response so I'll say it again here.  I also still have the issue of the putt mode staying on after finishing a hole.  It doesn't happen as often as it used to but it still happens.  Usually happens more later in the round.  I'm not sure if that is coincidence or not.

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

Yeah I spent the day looking into this and think I have cracked it.  Unfortunately it will require all of our API partners to make changes to their integrations so may take a while to get pushed to public

#10 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

If SkyTrak users can fix this by pressing put/normal mode button in JNPG, how does this require changes from your API partners in the first place? I'd guess that there could be a work around for this also.

For example, refress automatically put/normal -mode according to lie? Hard to figure out why it should be so difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users