#81 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Looks good Ola, you're on your way to having your own league.

• olazaboll likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#82 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

Ok ... now im building a bridge ... is there anyway I can make the railing turn more grey .... I tried to adjust the A-slider but all it does is to make the railing less visuable / Thanks Ola

34c3e4c0df.jpg

#83 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

Try the Metal-White material, then, adjust the Hue slider (very top box with the dropper tool to the left of it in your picture where you are adjusting the A channel) to grey. The White allows you to adjust to any color desired. Don't adjust the A or alpha, it'll alter the transparency of the rails.

#84 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Thanks DPR ...worked like a charm  :)

#85 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

One more question ... a very basic one I guess...

I just realized that all my houses are pass through.

Does the great tutorials on youtube cover the collider setting ? ... I might have missed it ???

What I did was to select my prefab , then created a mesh collider and set the Material to "Concrete" and

the Mesh stayed as default  "None (Mesh)" ...

A'm I ok there ?, or should I have done something else ?

#86 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

I don't know if I mentioned it or not. If you go to the original mesh block in the "meshes" folder and select generate collider on import and then choose Apply, I'm hoping it will update all your mesh instances of that block.

However, I would suggest selecting all meshes in the "Meshes" folder and do them all together.

You will also then need to change the physics on all your prefabs. Which can also all be done at once if ctrl selected in hierarchy.

I chose to not make them solid out of fear of being stuck behind a building and until the "free drop" gets working, all my objects are pass through for me. Just would hate for someone to have to quit a round being stuck.
  • olazaboll likes this

#87 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

OK gents, I finally have some work to show for all my whining and bitching. Behold!

20170420164142_1_zpsokduhdih.jpg

20170420164334_1_zps6mavyi0x.jpg

20170420163901_1_zpslkea0606.jpg

Yes, this is all the work of a total novice. Kudos, gents.

I finally decided to just dive in head first and watch the videos with my full attention given. Still a few things I have to figure out; like the window style.... if I add them to certain buildings it gives me the whole map with the six different windows on it. So a couple of buildings still have CR13 on it or whatever.

• DPRoberts likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#88 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Glad you're joining the 3D asset journey Matthew. There are some issues with my blocks. Like that last image, my block was designed to be placed horizontally. Your design is great but shows I need one textured differently on the end.

Ultimately, I really want to release my Blender files and show you guys how to adjust things on your own.

Just can't figure out who really cares for the update. PM me if you need any blocks or special texture fixes.

#89 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

DP, I was just about to inquire about the status of v1.3. Hope it is still in the works, Blender or Unity.

#90 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Agreed. Bring on 1_3 kind sir.

#91 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

Me too, I want 1.3 even blender

#92 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

It'll do for now.... few people will probably see that anyway unless they F5 and explore. Unfortunately there is that stupid championship tee on that hole that is 50 yards back and left and nearly back into the 18th fairway, which is just a crime.

These buildings aren't perfect; some stuff is hidden from view but I figure everything visible in the line of play looks fine, so I'm not too concerned otherwise. You can go nuts trying to get all these buildings exactly right, especially when there's a ton of them. Cherry Hills has one of the most complex series of buildings around it I've ever seen; it's like it has 5 or 6 different clubhouses. The tennis courts, the pool, the practice range, the par three course all have huge buildings adjacent to them. And the maintenance building is between two holes, so I put that in there too. In a way this has been the perfect course to introduce myself to the 3D work because there are so many opportunities to do so.

• DPRoberts likes this

#93 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Glad you're joining the 3D asset journey Matthew. There are some issues with my blocks. Like that last image, my block was designed to be placed horizontally. Your design is great but shows I need one textured differently on the end.

Ultimately, I really want to release my Blender files and show you guys how to adjust things on your own.

Just can't figure out who really cares for the update. PM me if you need any blocks or special texture fixes.

I know I'm looking forward to v1_3.  After you showed me what you were planning for the next build  in blender. I tried something new  with the blocks. I took the blocks I needed into blender and removed all the faces, but one. Then brought them back into unity and textured them. One of the things that made it nice I could make any block design I want with the single face. For example, the double Garage door. I was able to fix the ends  where the  siding was facing wrong. They also seem to snap to gather tighter without any lines.This is one of the maintenance buildings I did  totally in  unity  after reimporting the single faces. Also a picture of the double garage door I changed. I'm having just as much fun if not more, trying to re-create the buildings with your housebuilder, as I am using CF. Once again, Thanks for creating this.

NUDmXeK.jpg

NdqQyeM.jpg

HJNFBkK.jpg

zc9EKfB.jpg

JOwG98P.jpg

The building looks just as good as the ones I fixed in blender. When I playing with dynamic skies off in PG.

Justin

• DPRoberts likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#94 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

Glad to see the interest is still there. I will work on it. It's basically what Justin is doing in his images. All faces instead of blocks and snapping is better in Blender if you want to use instead of Unity.

I'll have to put together a few snoozer tutorials as well. If you follow me to Blender, you can also modify the texture mapping to your desire.

Ultimately, my textures are simple to use but may prevent that real world shadowed/roughened look so you may want more.

#95 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

My video originally shared with Justin a few weeks back. I was trying to show him how to produce a building with keystrokes and minimal mouse input using my v1_3 planes.

• Justin9926 likes this

#96 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

I watched the second video again with all the bits about the .psd and the window styles, and have been changing some of them out, as well as adding additional texture faces. I think I've officially graduated from beginner to rank amateur.

#97 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:54 PM

Rock on! Ropin' doggies this weekend to make the wife happy then I'll get to work on the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users