#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

WTG Rmoor13, now just a tiny bit of spray?  Nice work. Couldn't of even done that in the TW CA.. ;)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:12 AM

moor13,how did you do that,that is exactly what i need in my course.could you share with a tutorial ,or explain.great job.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#4 Pitbull

Pitbull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:40 AM

Looks Great.

#5 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

quadet63, sorry I don't know how to make a video, but I can tell you.  It is pretty simple.  I read a bunch of tutorials on making a waterfall in Blender.  I had a really sophisticated one with like 4-5 layers but never got it to run in unity.  Another version had 3 layers that looked real good in Unity with Water4 but would not show up in JNPG.  So I found a real simple version that  does run in game.  It is basically an .fbx model of a waterfall I made, with scrolling UV's mapped in Blender, and has an armiture attached (bone) to the waterfall plane.  Then you just export it with the animation into Unity.  To make the model watch the first 3 1/2 minutes of this video tutorial.  

Its pretty good all the way through but its 3 seperate  videos,  All you need to make the waterfall shell is shown in the first few minutes.  

To scroll UV's see this three minute video...  

1. https://www.blendernation.com/2011/11/12/animating-uv-textures

Now in Blender in Object mode, Add Armiture/Single Bone.  Scale and rotate bone so it lays flat and its edges touch or are within the planes boundaries.  Then Select the waterfall plane + Shift Select the Armiture bone so both are highlighted, then hit Control P/with empty groups to parent the 2.  Animation won't work w/o the armiture attached.  Save it.  Check it in hierarchy to make sure animation is there, you can also open Animation window - it shows node editor, there should be Armiture Action the plane and mesh.  Export as .fbx and as you do make sure you tick the boxes for exporting animation (all actions) in the lefthand side export scroll screen.  Put your waterfall in asset folder, import new asset, click it in your asset folder, then set the import options in the inspector window, open and click all three model, rig, and animation. Tick the box Import Animation, Animate, Always Animate, for Loop time and loop pose, animation ticked, Rig type=generic, root node=armiture/bone, Avatar=create from this model, in model window tick generate colliders.  Then after you drag the prefab into your scene, see the waterfall in the inspector, see that Animator is ticked, Apply root motion, Always animate.  In hierarchy click the waterfall plane, now you can edit the material, I have wave speeds set to X=-.07, Y=0, Z=0, W=-.02  And thats it.  Pretty basic.  Post if you're having any troubles with it.  I know it sounds confusing but once you see where everything is its not too bad.  Let me know how it goes.  I'm still trying to figure a better looking model that works in PG, will post anything successful.

Robert

#6 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:40 AM

wow thanks for the info rmoor13,my brother is great with blender,so mabey we can figure it out.the course im doing is valhalla and it has 5 or six ponds that are at different levels flowing into each other.ill let you know if im sucessful.very cool stuff .thanks again.looking forward to your course.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users