Post all Flightscope issues here.

#2 Roquefortno1

Roquefortno1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

Hello team,

Here is a list of initial issues that I'm dealing with. After the last updates I think that the connection have become a bit more stable so all in all it works to set it up and play.

1. When starting the game the PG FlightScope Proxy SW (for a better word) starts and I'm able to connect to the FS and to the game and it all look good. Few seconds later the Proxy SW dies. To make it start up again I need to go in to settings and change from FlightScope -> wifi to none or usb and then if I'm fast I can get it back to WIFI. Not sure if there is a difference in the game settings between None and Wifi, both seems to work.

2. I noticed when I played the combine that it did not pick up the shorts below 80 yards. I have seen this on courses as well where I seem to have better luck getting the game to pick up shorts from 40 yards in then 60-40 yards where it seems to miss. I noticed that the game change between slow swing speed mode 'on' and 'off' for different shots and when I'm in the combine the game on the tee always set the mode back to 'off'. When I set this back to 'on' manually I would say I have 100% success rate for the first 3 combine distances I think they are 60, 70 ,80 yards. For the 90 yards and longer it works fine. I think setting the slow mode 'on' for all shorts shorter then 90 or even a 100 yards would solve this issue say from 50 yards and longer.

3. The game is not picking up short shorts say 40 yards or shorter or does so very consistently. When doing the same thing in a chipping session in the v11 FlightScope PC SW it picks up everything very consistently all the way down to 3-4 yards of ball flight. If we could get the game to do the same it would make courses very playable. Below is the matrix of shorts I did in a Chipping session with the FlightScope PC SW. I would say I had 100% success rate on about 30 shorts here are the first 10 or so.

Formatting is bad, but first is the shot number and second is the carry which is most interesting.

Shot Carry (m) Roll (m) Total (m) Lateral (m) Ball (km/h) Club (km/h) Smash Time (s) Spin (rpm) Spin Axis (°) Club Path (°) Swing V (°)* Swing H (°)* Launch V (°) Launch H (°) DescentV (°) Height (m) FTP (°) FTT (°)* AOA (°)* Dynamic Loft (°) Spin Loft (°) Shot Type
1 29.7 11.5 41.1 1.7 R 67.1 77 0.87 2.2 4224 5.7 R - - - 29.2 2.9 R 35.1 4.8 - - - - - Hook
2 28.9 10.9 39.8 2.4 R 65.7 - - 2.2 4136 0 - - - 30.5 4.7 R 36.3 5 - - - - - Hook
3 9.7 7.1 16.9 0.5 R 37.4 - - 1.2 2353 0 - - - 31.7 3.2 R 34 1.6 - - - - - Hook
4 6.7 5.9 12.5 0.6 R 33.1 - - 0.8 2877 0 - - - 25 5.2 R 26.4 0.8 - - - - - Hook
5 6.8 6.3 13.1 0.4 R 31.8 - - 0.9 2004 0 - - - 29.5 3.2 R 30.9 1 - - - - - Hook
6 3 4.3 7.3 0.3 R 26.4 - - 0.4 1664 0 - - - 16.1 5.3 R 16.5 0.2 - - - - - Hook

Minor issue and suggested improvements:

4. On the FlightScope X2 Elite the 'USB' plug is actually an Ethernet connection and it is not connected to the DHCP server in the FlightScope and have one of those 169.254.0.0/16  to connect to. Not sure why they did it this way, but that is how it is. So adding an option in the Wifi, USB choice to either manually set the IP port of the FlightScope or one for the X2E for the Ethernet would help some. I was connected that way before. But got me a USB Zyxel WIFI adapter to be able to connect to the game.

5. Be able to setup the PG FlightScope proxy as a client. You can setup the FlightScope PC SW to be a server and let other devices connect to the PC through some other port 5100? I think the protocol here is a bit different, but it might be a good way to see what the FS PC SW registers compared to what the games sees and also to be able to play real courses and at the same time register the session in your FS SW so you can go back and look at all the parameters and what they look like under 'real' play. People say that when they take their launch monitors on course they have different numbers then when hitting balls on the range.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Regards,

Hakan

#3 Roquefortno1

Roquefortno1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

The FlightScope beta team have been doing some testing and it looks like JPNG is picking up a guessed number for Spin and SpinTilt instead of the FinalSpin number provided by the sensor. The FinalSpin number is also used by the FlightScope SW which show a much better correlation with other Launch monitors (read GC2).

I created this video that shows a clear difference between the FS SW and what JPNG uses. The shot at 4:25 shows a Spin of 1RPM for JPNG and a Spin of 3671 in the FS SW. Have a look at this video for more details:

https://www.youtube....h?v=lJluL-3OtRE

Without any details of the inner workings of the SDK etc, my guess is that PGSimConsole should be able to pick up the FinalSpin number and thereby get a bit more accurate spin data to provide to the game. Looking at when the numbers are published in both the SW using the FinalSpin number should not add further delay to the shot.

Mvh,

Hakan

#4 agolfman

agolfman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

So, I purchased the game through Steam and now am looking for Flightscope integration help.  I see the trial purchase, but also seem to understand that FS has its own beta.  Can I use the full game for this integration once I buy the week of trial?  Will there be a Flightscope option for Sim use there?

Just need some help getting started.

Oh Flightscope unit is an X2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users