• PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

Ok so this was my desktop background

Monitor1.png

Then I changed it to this by using a Free Screenshot program 

desktop1.jpg

I took a screenshot of this off of the Steam Website but is was too small so its grainey or whatever so I went with this other screen shot here ... after trying many more ... this one looks good when stretched to fill the desktop it is a screen shot from the screenshots. so I went with this one below. 

desktop2.jpg

But its still a little grainey (spelling  :o ) but I like it the best. 

The thing is the devs are looking for the end of the tunnel, the light at the end, the rainbow,  they are enjoying the initial Completion of step one perhaps thinking the big hurtle is over not realizing that actually their nightmare is just getting started because we may start whining about Desktop ART along with everything else I mean these are just screenshots I made they are not that great I want one with PERFECT GOLF on it that looks Good !!!!  Hey, I even want a screen saver with slides... and I want to be able to incorperate my own in game golf pics into it my own sceenshots of courses I've played on WAIT !!! do they even have a way to take a screenshot in the game. I want music yes I want them to come up with Perfect Golf licensed music that comes with the game that I can play in my car when I go to work. Then they're going to have to come up with website building tools we can get for free so we can have a cool website featuring golf courses we have made and stuff. 

They better brew up some more coffee. 

• Volker likes this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Ok so this was my desktop background

Monitor1.png

Then I changed it to this by using a Free Screenshot program 

desktop1.jpg

I took a screenshot of this off of the Steam Website but is was too small so its grainey or whatever so I went with this other screen shot here ... after trying many more ... this one looks good when stretched to fill the desktop it is a screen shot from the screenshots. so I went with this one below. 

desktop2.jpg

But its still a little grainey (spelling  :o ) but I like it the best. 

The thing is the devs are looking for the end of the tunnel, the light at the end, the rainbow,  they are enjoying the initial Completion of step one perhaps thinking the big hurtle is over not realizing that actually their nightmare is just getting started because we may start whining about Desktop ART along with everything else I mean these are just screenshots I made they are not that great I want one with PERFECT GOLF on it that looks Good !!!!  Hey, I even want a screen saver with slides... and I want to be able to incorperate my own in game golf pics into it my own sceenshots of courses I've played on WAIT !!! do they even have a way to take a screenshot in the game. I want music yes I want them to come up with Perfect Golf licensed music that comes with the game that I can play in my car when I go to work. Then they're going to have to come up with website building tools we can get for free so we can have a cool website featuring golf courses we have made and stuff. 

They better brew up some more coffee. 

This can already be done.

In game, use F12 and the screenshot will be saved to your Steam profile in your screenshot library. These can then be opened in a photo editing program and edited as required and saved to a specific folder on your PC HD.

From your PC HD, you can then tell Windows to use pictures from a specific folder on your desktop and set different refresh rates so that the pictures change every so often.

;)

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

It will feel like you're in-game all the time, as PG already does this in-game menu's too...!

#4 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

This can already be done.

In game, use F12 and the screenshot will be saved to your Steam profile in your screenshot library. These can then be opened in a photo editing program and edited as required and saved to a specific folder on your PC HD.

From your PC HD, you can then tell Windows to use pictures from a specific folder on your desktop and set different refresh rates so that the pictures change every so often.

;)

Thanks the screen saver concept was right in front of my face. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PP Desktop, Desktop, Desktop Art, Background

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users