4 replies to this topic

#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

After the weight of the House Builder Package had been lifted from my shoulders, I set my brain toward returning to actual course building. It didn't take long for a bit of distraction and I started tweaking my bunker lips, inspired by Matthew Rose and his Royal Melbourne.

This may be already out there as a way to do things, as I have lived in a bit of a cave, but I liked the result and figured I'd share. I have not been around as long as the main crew here so I have never put too much thought into the issue with the bunker lips. When looking at the problem, I felt there really needed to be 2 materials. The dirt coming off of the bunker and the raised grass around the periphery of the bunker. May be eventually moot with the turf effects.

Nevertheless, the results are below along with the CF Layers Library settings. As always, I tend to break the rules a bit. Sorry, Mike. I only used the Pot feature to gain access to my second material and create the dirt rise. I also raised the outer portion instead of sinking it to give a small gradual rise to the peak of the lip. I believe this is a truer look as the heavy part of the mowers go around the periphery of the bunker and just the blades get to the lip. Maybe this creates a slight elevation around most bunkers before heading in.

In game looks

3cd6Oqi.jpg

fdSpHKT.jpg

In editor view

Po0Zcrl.jpg

Layers Library shenanigans

o2jHHlc.jpg

• RobC and GoldenBear like this

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Wow, gr8 stuff.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Have you had any issues with jagged terrain artifacts or with the textures not displaying properly?

Some players are having "black bunkers" when they test Royal Melbourne.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

I will change out all my bunkers and see. The 2 I swapped out had no issues but I have also raised my outer rough 0.15. I will lower it and see what problems it creates.

The black bunkers almost look like it is calling a different texture. It would be interesting to see that up close and if you can tell if it's actually your bunker texture. Has me worried it's more like the surrounding hole texture thing that happened with too much layers library goofing around in the older CF.

It's odd if some see it and others don't. That would more point to some graphics setting or in game setting.

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

If my limited exp. with CF is right, I was exp. too and that happened to me and if you lower where the sand was with your lowering tool, I think you will find the sand right underneath. Could be wrong. Scared the hell out of me and was glad I had the original settings.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users