#21 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

Very impressed by the quality of both this and the TPC San Antonio course. The only thing I would like to see improved were the pin placements and a couple of sounds. The mowing sound? on 16? only played when you were on that green which made no sense at all and the water sound was a little too loud IMO on both courses. The sound on the 9th at San Antonio was also unneeded IMO... it didn't seem to relate to anything in view and was too loud and just irritated us. Oh.. and the water spray on Valhalla, floating upwards looked wrong.

We saw some lobby comments by someone on the state of the pins on Valhalla so we decided to play it on easy pins. The 18th pin though was a joke. At least one other was also far too extreme to ever be called easy!

Frame rates were good on both courses, especially San Antonio and I really liked the rich, natural look of the trees on both courses. The detail in the textures, planting, and 3D was also very good.

Overall, two fantastic courses that with a couple of tweaks would be up there in my top ten on JNPG.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#22 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

acrillix,thanks for the feedback,and i agree with you on a couple of points,the sound on the 9th at san antonio wasent supposed to be in the final,thought i deleted it,yes very annoying.the mowing sound on VAL 16 i figured they were mowing just in that area of the course . i do need to go back and check the pins and slopes,all things will be looked at.wish you would have beta tested acrillix,i will come out with new versions of theses courses in the future, but will wait for awhile ,to make sure i capture any more mistakes.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#23 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

the mowing sound on VAL 16 i figured they were mowing just in that area of the course .

I'm not against localised sounds as long as they are not jarring or overly loud, but they should also fade away over a good distance, rather than just cutting out a few yards away, and be positioned correctly. The issue with this sound is that it is emanating from the centre of the green, which means they are mowing it while you are on it! If you are just off the green in any direction there is no sound of it at all. If you are playing solo then you are less likely to notice this, but in multiplayer this can sound wrong because you are getting the sound, or the lack of it from many different positions. I know it will be a pretty minor point to most and of no consequence, but minor things bug me a lot more than most.... it's just the way I am!!  :lol:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#24 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Hey, the course is great, but I don´t have animated water, just flat texture. Am I doing something wrong?

#25 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

acrillix,thanks for the feedback,and i agree with you on a couple of points,the sound on the 9th at san antonio wasent supposed to be in the final,thought i deleted it,yes very annoying.the mowing sound on VAL 16 i figured they were mowing just in that area of the course . i do need to go back and check the pins and slopes,all things will be looked at.wish you would have beta tested acrillix,i will come out with new versions of theses courses in the future, but will wait for awhile ,to make sure i capture any more mistakes.

I would like to suggest that at the bottom of the hill on 13 you move a few trees around on the hill beyond the landing area to give that area a more natural look... not suggesting you add some more trees, just move a few around a bit. I also agree that the mowing sound on 16 is a bit odd...

Ken

#26 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Hi there, does anyone else have the effect on Valhalla, that the water is not animated?

#27 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

The water effect is working on my system. Maybe it's something you have to check for your graphic setting. I sent Skunky a private message on some other changes to the course. I've made this course for GBC and I checked my source materials on some changes that should be done in another revision. I think he did a good job in creating this course pretty accurately to the real course. I've used a mower sound on courses before, but usually you would see the mowers in view.

#28 chicago43055

chicago43055

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

water effect is working on my system....the mowing sound is fine with me...without any sounds it doesn't feel natural...great work

#29 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

The waterfalls work, but the larger bodies of water look like they are covered in green scum, other than that this course is great.

#30 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

I enjoyed my round there last night, never even noticed the sound on 16.

#31 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

the water was made to look dirty stagnant,it looks exactly as i intended it too.real pictures of the course reflect this.

• Fairwayman likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#32 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hit my ball on 1st Tee, and as it followed in the Cam... I could see this in the distance..... went and had a look.... it's quite obvious really..

fwiuix.jpg

#33 Streakfire1

Streakfire1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

Floyds Fork is naturally dirty. It's a creek which feeds into another creek called Beargrass which in turn connects to the Ohio River. Henceforth, yucky......

Wouldn't you say that pretty much sums it up quadet63?

• Skunky likes this

#34 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

Hit my ball on 1st Tee, and as it followed in the Cam... I could see this in the distance..... went and had a look.... it's quite obvious really..

fwiuix.jpg

Touchdown Jesus?

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#35 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

jack, spared nothing when it came to Valhalla,he paid big time for the hovering electrical towers. :)

#36 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Touchdown Jesus?

Thats funny - I live close to the "burnt" down touchdown jesus. Its now the 4th and inches jesus. Sad day to watch it burn up....

• erwildcat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users