16 replies to this topic

#1 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

I have wasted a good amount of precious time trying to set a waterfall sound in the vicinity of the waterfall all to no avail. I have searched the forums, I have watched Mike's video and nothing works. Unity is unnecessarily difficult. I've built other courses with other programs in the last twenty years or so and placing sounds on the course was elementary. Not with Unity! It is asinine. And the combination of CF and Unity is diabolical. A lot of pitfalls and heartaches are assured if one tries to build a course. Has any course designer in this forum been able to place local sounds on the course? I mean, I am able to put a waterfall sound on the course but the problem is that I hear it all over the course. I want to hear the waterfall sound when I am near the waterfall. Thank you.

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

Wrong forum. Moved to 'Course Forge: Questions and Answers'.

Richard

Posted Image

#3 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

I have wasted a good amount of precious time trying to set a waterfall sound in the vicinity of the waterfall all to no avail. I have searched the forums, I have watched Mike's video and nothing works. Unity is unnecessarily difficult. I've built other courses with other programs in the last twenty years or so and placing sounds on the course was elementary. Not with Unity! It is asinine. And the combination of CF and Unity is diabolical. A lot of pitfalls and heartaches are assured if one tries to build a course. Has any course designer in this forum been able to place local sounds on the course? I mean, I am able to put a waterfall sound on the course but the problem is that I hear it all over the course. I want to hear the waterfall sound when I am near the waterfall. Thank you.

Have you ever played the game with the volume on?

Based on your question I assume note.  Yes, sounds are placed on the course in the right places.  It's there in nearly every course.  I'm not a designer so I have no clue HOW to do it but the answer to your question is yes.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Local sounds in 3d and custom rolloff.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

Here is a script I found online that enables triggered audio in Unity.  From my understarding, audio that you don't necessarily want to be heard universally on the course need to have "Play ON Awake" un-ticked.  And will need to be enabled through script.  Lots of tutorials online for this, thought I'd post what I've found.  Here is a link to the tutorial...

https://www.bing.com...85FDB&FORM=VIRE

#6 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

This one has the script with it.

https://www.bing.com...85FDB&FORM=VIRE

Hope it helpsAttached File  Triggered Audio in Unity.jpg   41.63KB   0 downloads

RobertM

#7 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

Have you ever played the game with the volume on?

Based on your question I assume note.  Yes, sounds are placed on the course in the right places.  It's there in nearly every course.  I'm not a designer so I have no clue HOW to do it but the answer to your question is yes.

Who plays a game with the volume off? Are you serious? Come On!

#8 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:07 AM

Local sounds in 3d and custom rolloff.

I don't understand what you mean, NoPutt.

#9 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:13 AM

The only way to hear the sounds in Unity is to change from scene mode to play mode. And then press the play button. No scripts required. I usually drop the First Person Controller into the scene, go to play mode and play, then move it around the course to listen in.

What NoPutt wrote is absolutely correct: Check the sound settings in your inspector. Or perhaps watch the sound tutorial again.

Regarding your original post: Yes, PELO, Unity and CF are irksome at times, and I loathe especially Unity with its sadistic streak. With time, you will start to understand a bit more about the mindset behind it, which should help you to understand certain principles that are at work and enable you to understand how to solve problems yourself, without having to go to the forum. But be aware that more familiarity only breeds more contempt: The Unity mindset, when understood a little better, still is quite detestable and your anger is unlikely to abate. Then again, it is what it is and THIS IS IT! So: cope!

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#10 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

Wise words from k11, good to see he is alive and well

Pelo i can relate to your frustrations, trials and tribulations, so welcome to the Club

The below links should get  you going , sounds good, yep sure does 

Noputt`s Sound Tutorial- Follow this one its short. sweet and sounds like a treat , Thank you Noputt

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MUm1pSWpUSmxtTXM

Mikes Tutorial on global and local

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MRVJjbzZkODMtNjA

Course Forge Settings for Global and Local 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MekZuaVdlbmhSdGM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MVFJ0WFZPdVJBQW8

#11 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

The only way to hear the sounds in Unity is to change from scene mode to play mode. And then press the play button. No scripts required. I usually drop the First Person Controller into the scene, go to play mode and play, then move it around the course to listen in.

What NoPutt wrote is absolutely correct: Check the sound settings in your inspector. Or perhaps watch the sound tutorial again.

Regarding your original post: Yes, PELO, Unity and CF are irksome at times, and I loathe especially Unity with its sadistic streak. With time, you will start to understand a bit more about the mindset behind it, which should help you to understand certain principles that are at work and enable you to understand how to solve problems yourself, without having to go to the forum. But be aware that more familiarity only breeds more contempt: The Unity mindset, when understood a little better, still is quite detestable and your anger is unlikely to abate. Then again, it is what it is and THIS IS IT! So: cope!

Thank you, Sir. You are a gentleman.

#12 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:01 PM

Wise words from k11, good to see he is alive and well

Pelo i can relate to your frustrations, trials and tribulations, so welcome to the Club

The below links should get  you going , sounds good, yep sure does 

Noputt`s Sound Tutorial- Follow this one its short. sweet and sounds like a treat , Thank you Noputt

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MUm1pSWpUSmxtTXM

Mikes Tutorial on global and local

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MRVJjbzZkODMtNjA

Course Forge Settings for Global and Local 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MekZuaVdlbmhSdGM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTR6w_prq1MVFJ0WFZPdVJBQW8

Thank you all very much. There are so many good people in this forum.

#13 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

See mentions of several tutorials that aren't listed in the CF/Unity Tutorials section. It would be nice if they were.

#14 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

Just saying that if you've ever played the game with the sound on then you'd have the answer to your question as you can clearly hear localized sound scripts depending on where you are on the course.

Your real question was HOW do you do this?

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

I do, most every round actually - It's called "night time in a small house with people sleeping".

While I'm playing I'm usually listening to podcasts on my AirPods (amazing devices BTW) with the TV audio off

#16 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

See mentions of several tutorials that aren't listed in the CF/Unity Tutorials section. It would be nice if they were.

I mentioned this to the Big Boys a while back can you add the old tutorials  to the main tutorial section ,so i uploaded a few of them myself to share .

• worrybirdie likes this

#17 PELO

PELO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

I am enthusiastically thanking all you good people who have helped me solve a very irritating problem, namely placing local sounds on the course. Most of the credit goes to wonderful Noputt whose simple but incisive tutorial allowed me to have a local waterfall sound on my beloved but draining new course, Turquousesea. Thank you immensely, Noputt and God bless you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users