#1 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

This morning I saw the 2 PGA National courses for sale. I was wondering with the windows 10 version will they have true reflective water (DX11).  I know the courses made with DX9 will have to be updated. I saw Mike said GTX 760 for minimum reqirement. I have a GTX 750. I would really like the reflective course but my rig looks to be a graphics card short.

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

Would be interesting to see some FPS feedback from folks who take the plunge and buy the fully reflective version.

May help folks who are on the cusp of the recommended card like yourself to make a decision whether to risk a purchase or play safe with other version.

I will be buying reflective but not back at home until the weekend.

#3 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

I bought the reflective version.  I'll test it out later tonight (EST).

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

This morning I saw the 2 PGA National courses for sale. I was wondering with the windows 10 version will they have true reflective water (DX11).  I know the courses made with DX9 will have to be updated. I saw Mike said GTX 760 for minimum reqirement. I have a GTX 750. I would really like the reflective course but my rig looks to be a graphics card short.

What kind of FPS do you get at the 1st hole of Club Schwarzwald?  If it's in the 20's, I wouldn't buy the reflective version myself.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

Greetings,

Are we able to add reflective waters to courses now in Course Forge? I'm looking at the inspector and do not see how other than changing the reflective probes to include the skybox. Is that it?

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#6 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Greetings,

Are we able to add reflective waters to courses now in Course Forge? I'm looking at the inspector and do not see how other than changing the reflective probes to include the skybox. Is that it?

Not sure how, but I'm sure you always could add them. the problem is it usually hits the frame rate on your course heavily if you do so.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#7 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Greetings,

Look in Standard Assets > Environment > Water > Water > Prefabs > WaterProDaytime

• StoneComet likes this

#8 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

How much of a hit on FPS is the reflective water and with the update to win 10 version will the reflective water be in the new version? 

#9 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:13 PM

How much of a hit on FPS is the reflective water and with the update to win 10 version will the reflective water be in the new version? 

There's a few posts on it in the other thread talking about the new courses but in general...

I normally stay locked in at 60fps on max settings with dynamic skies and adaptive lighting enabled.  During my round tonight I dipped down into the low 30's a time or two but generally stayed in the upper 40's to upper 50's.

When using the overhead map though - game over.  FPS drops into the mid to low teens.  Not a HUGE deal but... something worth noting.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#10 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for the info mebby.

#11 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

What I don't understand is that with the reflective version of PGA National, my FPS are around 40 with ultra high settings, which is what I usually get.  Everything looks great.  However, on my own course when I add reflective water per instructions above, FPS starts dropping dramatically.  There must be more to the story here.  Hopefully others are seeing this and we're just missing a setting of some kind to be able to add reflective water to our own courses without a huge FPS hit.

#12 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

What I don't understand is that with the reflective version of PGA National, my FPS are around 40 with ultra high settings, which is what I usually get.  Everything looks great.  However, on my own course when I add reflective water per instructions above, FPS starts dropping dramatically.  There must be more to the story here.  Hopefully others are seeing this and we're just missing a setting of some kind to be able to add reflective water to our own courses without a huge FPS hit.

I think it's PP and a custom reflection shader.

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

I think it's PP and a custom reflection shader.

I really hope that gets shared with the design community if so..

It would really benefit the game eco-system the most to have the best tools and features in the most hands.

#14 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

I really hope that gets shared with the design community if so..

It would really benefit the game eco-system the most to have the best tools and features in the most hands.

Any good reason for this NOT being shared??

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#15 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

I could also be wrong... I just took a guess... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users