Superstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, U.K.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Dear PG-team

I'm about to buy your game and was wondering how you want us to report bugs and how we can propose new features to the game? Do you use a system like Jira or similar tool ..... or do we just post somewhere in the forum?

Looking very much forward to playing your game.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4 GHz

ASUS MAXIMUS VII Hero mobo

16 GB of G.Skill Trident X F3 2400MHz

ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980 4GB RAM

Logitech Z5500

AOC U3477PQU

Fractal Design Define R5 case

Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10130

"It's in that place where I put that thing that time"

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

We used Jira in alpha. Not sure about early release, probably not. Our main meeting point was a whole, quite intricate private Forum sub-structure, in which comments on different themes could be posted. Something of that kind will have to be introduced. I snapped a screen of it and added it below for you to get an idea...

For the love of Glob, I strongly recommend you and everybody else wait for such a chain of communication to be established and won't start posting all your comments in this section. That would probably cause chaos! And if you do post, kindly observe topic discipline and please check if your issue has not been addressed in some other thread already.

M5tqmMg.jpg

• fungolfer, Richard and Harald like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Superstar

Superstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info Kablammo11 - much appreciated.

Since no information had yet been made available I thought I would ask.

Logitech Z5500

AOC U3477PQU

#4 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

well whats going to happen too is people are going to post stuff like, "Hey my avatar is buried halfway in the ground on hole 8  of blab blah " and this has already been noted and mentioned and discussed by the devs already. 

• fungolfer likes this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#5 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, but you know how people are. They write 1st and then start reading :D

• ☠InDaSkies☠ and shimonko like this

Who cares...

#6 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

I've asked twice about bug reporting without reply so I'm assuming PG will be problem free.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#7 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, but you know how people are. They write 1st and then start reading :D

Yeah thats all I ever do ...  :D

By the way I heard in order to multiplay we have to have friends so if this is the case how does this work we can just click on some dudes name and send them a friend request acceptance thing I am new to steam but you know what I'm not going to fool with multi play I dont think for awhile unless I get bored or something but how does it work or what is a post I can read about it on steam .. figured I'd ask first rather than look for it later .. 

Oh a thing said group chat on steam so I click on it then Chrome tells me it can be harmful then I go for it and it is like a chat thing like I;m on tech support somewhere then I type in hi there is like I think one other person in there no response so screw it I close the window .. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#8 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

I've asked twice about bug reporting without reply so I'm assuming PG will be problem free.

I'm thinking you just post it when you see one eventually I am sure they will try and organize the reporting of such... but that is a good point if people continually post bugs and there is no organization to it more than likely it will make people feel like they are just floating into oblivion. 

#9 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

I'm thinking you just post it when you see one eventually I am sure they will try and organize the reporting of such... but that is a good point if people continually post bugs and there is no organization to it more than likely it will make people feel like they are just floating into oblivion. 

If they Beta tested TWO then they would feel right at home. rofl. Sorry  I couldn't resist getting one more jab into that EA disaster. :P

#10 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

Yeah thats all I ever do ...  :D

By the way I heard in order to multiplay we have to have friends so if this is the case how does this work we can just click on some dudes name and send them a friend request acceptance thing I am new to steam but you know what I'm not going to fool with multi play I dont think for awhile unless I get bored or something but how does it work or what is a post I can read about it on steam .. figured I'd ask first rather than look for it later .. 

Oh a thing said group chat on steam so I click on it then Chrome tells me it can be harmful then I go for it and it is like a chat thing like I;m on tech support somewhere then I type in hi there is like I think one other person in there no response so screw it I close the window .. 

There is a game lobby so you do not have to be friends to play someone. Games will be in the lobby so you can click join to play.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#11 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

With another early access game that I was involved with, the developers provided a template for bug reporting, so that problems could be logged easily. I thought that would be a good idea with PG, otherwise problems get reported all over the forum, in different threads, and can be missed, leading to multiple threads posted reporting the same issue. I think we need to put all of our 'rotten eggs' in one basket as it were.
WWG1WGA

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

We plan on having a forum thread dedicated to bugs and another to suggested new features and yet another for feeback on current features, suggestions for improvements etc.

In alpha testing we have been using JIRA and the testers have had access to it and have been posting their bugs there. Time will tell whether we will open JIRA up to people to post bugs or just have them go into the forum.

#13 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Thanks Mike.
Looking forward to the unlocking. The clock seems to have come to a standstill! ;-)
WWG1WGA

#14 Superstar

Superstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Cheers Mike,

Jira is such a powerful tool and would [in my mind] be a cleaner solution than using forum posts.

Just over 3 hours to go .... but who's counting....

Logitech Z5500

AOC U3477PQU

#15 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Couldn't find a bug reporting thread so I'll drop this info in here:

I've been enjoying the early access but have found a couple of bugs:

The first is on assessing the green contours with the grid I then turn it off to putt but I have found the red lines which indicate a severe break stay on.
The second is I keep getting an upturned version of the in game screen in my map of the hole.

If there is somewhere more specific to post bugs please let me know thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users