#1 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

Was just wondering if anyone else is having more fun designing than playing  like i am.lots of great courses coming out daily,and i never seem to get a chance to play them anymore.i do have a question for devs,when the new win 10 ,xbox version comes out. will the new CF also be upgraded at the same time.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

I've pretty much always been more of a designer than a player, especially since coming over to Course Forge, which is so fast and quick compared to APCD.

I'm a pretty mediocre PG player.... I'm still playing beginner with the simplified putting and I still struggle shooting close to par, even with mulligans and gimmes. My short game is abysmal. I guess I'm sort of lazy; I don't really wanna work on my "game" since most of my playing time is testing my own courses out. Ironically, I'm actually a pretty good player in real life - my last official index was 3.8; I've been as low as 1.7 but that was back before I had young children and played a lot more.

• Ninja_Prime likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#3 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

I've pretty much always been more of a designer than a player, especially since coming over to Course Forge, which is so fast and quick compared to APCD.

I'm a pretty mediocre PG player.... I'm still playing beginner with the simplified putting and I still struggle shooting close to par, even with mulligans and gimmes. My short game is abysmal. I guess I'm sort of lazy; I don't really wanna work on my "game" since most of my playing time is testing my own courses out. Ironically, I'm actually a pretty good player in real life - my last official index was 3.8; I've been as low as 1.7 but that was back before I had young children and played a lot more.

Family life can do that to you, I only started taking up golf again in my early 50's, should have done it sooner, but work commitments and family has a way of steering you in other directions. I spend most of my time on CF and only dipping into PG to test my course or other designers.

There is no shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb

Courses designed:

​The Pines, Bracken Heath, Skye Dunes, The Glade, Brook Vale (WIP).

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

Yep family life allowing I'm trying to combine both, designing has always had the edge, but i'm prob a better player than a designer, determined to play a bit more from now on.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

Well Matthew I would say that most people who play the real thing and JNPG are better at JNPG so you are the exception to the norm.  After all how many of us JNPG players can drive the ball 300 yards in real golf?

That said I would again like to thank you and all the people who have rendered courses and made them available to the JNPG community.  I believe there are now over 140 courses and the quality of the courses is amazing and adds new life to the game each time a course is released.

RTSM - Pro

#6 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

I just started two more. I can't get enough of it right now. These guys getting the LIDAR are making it so easy for us to produce real courses in short periods of time with a high degree of accuracy. APCD never allowed me to be so prolific.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#7 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

The old 80/20 ratio for me, design over play and then its probably another 80/20 testing vs actually playing other courses. With an in depth career mode it would more than likely change to 60/40 design over play. Just wish I had more time to design. Sure do enjoy not messing with verts anymore that was a real pita! I download every course as it comes out but I've only actually played a couple of them. I wouldn't even bother with a golf game that didn't have a designer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users