19 replies to this topic

#1 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

I have gone thru the videos three times and can't get the course started,it doesn't show the course layout in the hiearchy window and says the tree can't be shown it is missing a pre fab I've tried every thing to get the course started but nothing is working.Yesterday it said the terrain was missing.I clicked on course forge when I opened unity 5.23.Thanks for any advise.

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Double click on the scene name in the Project window.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

I tried that and I still can not see the course layout.Attached File  Wakonda Club Perfect Golf.JPG   77.66KB   0 downloads This is what it looks like I took a screen shot.

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

I'm guessing this is something you've been working on for a while and this has suddenly happened.  I'm not familiar with shimontools either.  Perhaps someone else can assist.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

I am not using the shimon tools I took a screen shot of what is happening when I try to start the course.

#6 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

A couple things you can try, in the top right corner of your screen, under that Gizmo it might say "persp" right click on that and choose "top". It should get you looking down on your terrain.

Could also try loading the default layout.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#7 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

Did you try double-clicking on "Terrain" in the "Hierarchy"? If that doesn't work, then hold the right mouse button down and continue to press "E" to lower the terrain until it comes into view.

If the above doesn't work and you haven't made any changes to the terrain or added any splines, it probably would be best to reload the default scene "wakonda_ia_lidar" from the "Project" window. First, delete "Terrain" in the "Hierarchy" window, then double-click "wakonda_ia_lidar" scene in the "Project" window. That is the file with the small Unity icon. I just tried the heightmap and it works just fine.

#8 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

course forge won't open.says can't find terrain shutting course forge down.Also said can't load tree missing pre fab.

#9 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

Start a new Unity project, then install CourseForge. Once you have done that, import the Wakonda heightmap. It appears you  have messed up your current project. The Wakonda heightmap uses only the standard assets from the CourseForge installation, and you shouldn't have any problems. If you are getting a missing prefab message, It definitely points to a bad Unity project.

#10 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

After looking at your pic a little closer, it also looks like the terrain is upside down.

The Y axis should be at the top Z on bottom.

RVKU5mP.jpg

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium

#11 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

So far nothing is working,I am re installing the game it says downloading not sure how long it is going to take to download the game and it says course forge is not installed but is checked marked in steam.course forge tutorial file says it can not be found,wonder if I will be able to get the game running and course forge installed.

#12 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Got the game downloaded and installed now installing course forge hopefully will be back in business soon,i will keep you all informed.

• milwsteve1 likes this

#13 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:45 AM

Tried working on the course but still not having any luck don't know what I am doing wrong,any help would be appreciated as I would like to do around 50 courses in the next year or two from Iowa,Illinois,Nebraska,Missouri,South Dakota North Dakota and Montana.

#14 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Are you having the same problem as in your pic above? Or is it something else.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium

#15 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Same problem as the picture I tried re downloading course forge and ran into the same problem,wonder if I should just let others do these courses when they have the time.

#16 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

I repackaged your heightmap so it includes the out of bounds around the perimeter, plotted one hole and added a Human_Height. You can download the updated heightmap from this link.

https://dl.dropboxus...ar.unitypackage

Create a new Unity project if you do not already have one, and install CourseForge. Then follow the steps in the below images to load and view your heightmap.

1. Ensure correct Unity version:

9rhaZX5.jpg

2. Import Package:

a3sgmwd.jpg

3. Import the package:

tL3nEjq.jpg

4. Load the scene:

EXMfJaG.jpg

5. Go to the Human Height

5Mp08oX.jpg

6. Zoom out to view the terrain:

5RsrILZ.jpg

7. Plotted hole:

9nKKN5J.jpg

If you follow these steps, you should not have any problems. Build the course and you can play the plotted hole.

#17 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Larry can you do all my courses this way this way looks so much easier,Thanks,Steve appreciate the help.I can send you the list of courses later today or tomorrow.

#18 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

The original heightmap had everything the new one has except for the out of bounds, one hole plotted and the Human Height marker. I guess I could and the Human Height as it's easy to do. If you view the README file, it explains how to load the terrain.

#19 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

I started the splines on the second hole but they didn't come out straight trying to figure out how to get the splines straight so the course will play in the game.Wondered if I should send the list of courses and let others do them when they get the time I can't draw straight when doing the splines.

#20 milwsteve1

milwsteve1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Not able to install unity 5.23 so I am unable to finish Wakonda Club wondering if any one would like to finish the course when they get th time would love to see it in the game.I watched the videos over and over and couldn't figure out the course forge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users