17 replies to this topic

#1 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Do we have any update whatsoever on the career mode for single players. Surely this is something that is expected for all top rated simualtion / sports games. I am not asking for anything fantastic, just something that allows me to pick 20 tournaments, asign a course for each tournament from my collection of courses and then play against a collection of real named pros ( ability determined by a slider or something similar).

I enjoy playing online against others but quite often don't have the time for full rounds. It would be nice to have a season on the go, something I can pick up and put down as time allows .. with a real element and with customizable features.

Here's hoping.

• luetze, ✠ davef ✠, bortimus and 2 others like this

#2 mkvitz89

mkvitz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

This has been a hope of mine for quite a while.  Something that is customizable would be great.  You would think this would be a given now a days but you never know.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#3 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Too true mkvitz89, i believe someone had an excel spreadsheet which sort of simualted something similar, but full intergration to the game is a real must. If anyone knows what the excel spreadsheet was, please direct me accordingly. Regards

#4 mkvitz89

mkvitz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Ollybobbles that career simulation is around this site.  I cant recall what it was called but you'll find it pretty easily.  I couldn't get it to work correctly with my software.  There's also some career spreadsheets over at linkscorner that was used for the links game.  one was called fedex 08 or something similar.  I've had problems getting them to run but you may want to give it a try.  I just really hope they add a career mode with customization to this game.  

#5 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Too true mkvitz89, i believe someone had an excel spreadsheet which sort of simualted something similar, but full intergration to the game is a real must. If anyone knows what the excel spreadsheet was, please direct me accordingly. Regards

A couple of options for you Olly:

• A forum member, Carnat, put together a spreadsheet almost a couple of years ago.  I don't know if Carnat is still lurking around, and I don't think many people used it (I could be wrong).  Nonetheless, his spreadsheet can be found here (and you can read the thread):

http://www.perfectpa...ksheet/?p=36967

• After talk about Greybeard's Virtual Career from Links, I attempted to contact him to see if an update to the spreadsheet could be made.  I wasn't successful in contacting him, but I took the liberty of updating the spreadsheet with more current players and courses for JNPG.  You can read about the updates and download the beta version from here:

http://www.perfectpa...hanks/?p=115059

frank70 may be using the GBVC 2017 beta, I'm not sure.  I've not heard from anyone else regarding it.

#6 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

I am not using it right now -not enough time. But i used it in the past and it could produce very realistic scores (with the right player attributes/values). I recommend it to everyone.

I had problem using it with current excel versions. Is your version running smoothly,Armand?

#7 mkvitz89

mkvitz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

From my experience mine wouldn't run with current excel.  It would crash when trying to proceed to Q school.  Also when trying to skip Q school and proceed to regular season it would also crash.  Really nice program but in my case wasn't able to use it.

#8 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

frank70 and mkvitz89, are you both running the updated version I made, GBVC 2017 v0.9?  I updated it using Excel 2016, but since I don't use the program, my "testing" was very limited.

EDIT:  My limited testing didn't reveal any issues, so I hope people report any issues they have with GBVC 2017 v0.9.

Edited by Armand, 19 March 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#9 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

Armand, could you please provide a link to the latest version?

Thanks.

#10 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

Having a blast at OGT... New tour season has started and the statistical information made newly available  is fantastic.. You can see how the tour measures up, How your own season stats  measure up against others, and how you improve  as you progress along the tour season. Many new statistical categories made available..I hear that soon you will be able to even see how you measure up against  players within you own difficulty levels. Thanks to the new website and great programming I have more than I could ask for.  

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#11 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

The 2nd link in Post #5 will provide the follow link for GBVC 2017 v0.9:

http://ge.tt/6yz0D5h2

I was going to replay my rounds (video recorded) and make stats similar to the ones that OGT now tracks - shot tracker is very cool!  If I played regularly, I'd probably be doing it at OGT and PGLS (in the past, I never got into virtual careers or any type of career mode, for that matter).  I don't have any details about career mode with OGT, but those who prefer to play solo and are patiently waiting for PP's career mode can try GBVC in the interim/instead.

#12 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Having a blast at OGT... New tour season has started and the statistical information made newly available  is fantastic.. You can see how the tour measures up, How your own season stats  measure up against others, and how you improve  as you progress along the tour season. Many new statistical categories made available..I hear that soon you will be able to even see how you measure up against  players within you own difficulty levels. Thanks to the new website and great programming I have more than I could ask for.  

Yes, but don't you have to stick to their scheduled events?   Many people want to be able to play when they can and when time permits.   OGT has done some wonderful things to help this game, no doubt, but many casuals want to make their own schedule and when there is time, play a round.   I thought I read somewhere that career mode will be ready with the next iteration of the game or the Win10 version, but there is no timetable set for that, so who knows when it will be available.  

• luetze likes this

#13 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

The 2nd link in Post #5 will provide the follow link for GBVC 2017 v0.9:

http://ge.tt/6yz0D5h2

I was going to replay my rounds (video recorded) and make stats similar to the ones that OGT now tracks - shot tracker is very cool!  If I played regularly, I'd probably be doing it at OGT and PGLS (in the past, I never got into virtual careers or any type of career mode, for that matter).  I don't have any details about career mode with OGT, but those who prefer to play solo and are patiently waiting for PP's career mode can try GBVC in the interim/instead.

There's a download ban on the site that the file sits on ??

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#14 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

There's a download ban on the site that the file sits on ??

There is??  I don't have any issue downloading from there - even when not logged in.  I've also added it to the link below; hopefully that works for you:

https://app.box.com/...joqwrr1bx7zqv6d

#15 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

Getting back to the original post. Looking forward to having the kind of robust AI interface that will allow us to put in tour pros, then the ability to play against them on a tour , set up by us, with venues chosen by us. Kinda like one of the old versions of TW, but much better.

• tanman05851 likes this

#16 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

There is??  I don't have any issue downloading from there - even when not logged in.  I've also added it to the link below; hopefully that works for you:

https://app.box.com/...joqwrr1bx7zqv6d

Yes, that worked fine thanks.

• Armand likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#17 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

I'm really enjoying PGLS tournies, but would still like to see how JNPG executes Career Mode.

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#18 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Currently enjoying playing on both OGT and PGLS, but a career addition will be fantastic...I hope. Any news on current progress would be gratefully received...any nugget......

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users