#21 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:02 PM

Frankly, in this day and age, the three prerequisites listed above would be a bare minimum I would say.  Console gamers will probably be disappointed that the atmosphere is so lacking - no crowds, no commentary, no other players visible.  Personally I would wait until the game is much more developed before putting it on consoles.  Just my opinion.

• LeazesNDR likes this

#22 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

3D grass first then career mode IMO.   Got to make it pretty for the console crowd. 

• erwildcat likes this

#23 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

personally, i think career is very important, especiallyfor the console crowd. I believe they look for value for money and a golf game without a career mode will be seen as severely lacking in the content department. Yes, looks are important but amount of content is key, see F1 2015 and F1 2016 for an example.

• frank70 likes this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#24 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

Frankly, in this day and age, the three prerequisites listed above would be a bare minimum I would say.  Console gamers will probably be disappointed that the atmosphere is so lacking - no crowds, no commentary, no other players visible.  Personally I would wait until the game is much more developed before putting it on consoles.  Just my opinion.

You're global thinker footslogger.  Your points are valid and I really haven't stopped to think about how much of the 'no crowds, no commentary, no other players visible' might be part of a Career mode.  I would like to at least see other players on the course during career mode, and preferably during online tournament play, at least as an option.  I'd like to see the other players in my playing group standing near their ball, preparing for their next shot when they should be in view.  It would immeasurably enhance the atmosphere, IMO.  The argument I keep hearing against this is how detrimental it would be to the frame rate, but maybe with the introduction of SpeedTree instancing in Unity 5.5, the game could handle it without any perceptible adverse effects.

I stand by my original list of the minimums for a JNPG console release, thinking the Career mode might contain some of the missing atmospheric elements you mention. 

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#25 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:36 PM

This game isn't even feature complete on the PC yet.

I fail to see what a console has to do with that.

If anything it should be made whole for those of us that have already bought and paid for the game.  That includes dlc courses.  Hell I've even bought the game more than once on a few different Steam accounts just trying to help out.

Lets talk about the PC crowd for a minute:  Why would someone want to buy  a game that isn't complete yet?  A game that isn't even being driven by the fact that it isn't complete yet.  

Features are being talked about in regards to consoles.  Why? 

Here's an idea:  Let's give the PC crowd what it has paid for.   :)

• LeazesNDR, erwildcat, footslogger and 1 other like this

#26 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

This game isn't even feature complete on the PC yet.

I fail to see what a console has to do with that.

If anything it should be made whole for those of us that have already bought and paid for the game.  That includes dlc courses.  Hell I've even bought the game more than once on a few different Steam accounts just trying to help out.

Lets talk about the PC crowd for a minute:  Why would someone want to buy  a game that isn't complete yet?  A game that isn't even being driven by the fact that it isn't complete yet.  

Features are being talked about in regards to consoles.  Why? 

Here's an idea:  Let's give the PC crowd what it has paid for.   :)

You've got a good point Harvester.  I want to see all of these features be made available for the PC version first.  However, since the Windows 10 and XBox One versions will be so similar, it only stands to reason that the XBox One version *should* conceivably follow closely on the heels of a Windows 10 version release.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#27 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

Whilst the dx9/11 poll showed a minimal dx9 crowd, be interesting to see what a Win10/7 split comes out like, and if a windows version were to be 10 only how that would affect things. Im on 7 on the Sim PC as found 10 a PITA when i upgraded, so clean installed back to 7. Sure things are prob better now so I guess if was 10 only would have to consider either the upgrade, if I could get it to function, or maybe a clean install of 10 and hope I could get it to work. 

If just a dx11 3d grass thing I can see no need to force to 10 only, however the xbox live/dx12 compatibility would be 10 only, so I guess it depends on what this new version needs.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:13 PM

...Im on 7 on the Sim PC as found 10 a PITA when i upgraded...

Just out of curiosity, what was the big issue for you?

Something inherent to W10 itself or more around how it handled upgrading things you had installed?

Or something else?

#29 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:16 PM

In the twitch video, Andrew stated that 3D grass will work on the current version so Win10 is not needed.  But Xbox live will require Win10.  Problem with adding 3D grass is it will kill the game for DX9, Mac, and Linux users.  IMO, I don't see what the big deal is....:)

#30 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:30 PM

In the twitch video, Andrew stated that 3D grass will work on the current version so Win10 is not needed.  But Xbox live will require Win10.  Problem with adding 3D grass is it will kill the game for DX9, Mac, and Linux users.  IMO, I don't see what the big deal is.... :)

While I'm sure that the Linux and Mac population is quite small, unfortunately their elimination would, in all likelihood leave behind prolific course designers such as K11. That would not be good, especially at this point in the game. The game's universe is just too small, IMHO. Another situation where you press down in one place, an issue pops up in another. I don't know what the answer is.

Richard

Posted Image

#31 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:50 PM

Ah, forgot that K11 uses a Mac.   That would not be good.  

#32 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

Win 10 I had various driver issues, particularly with bluetooth drivers, and also lots of wifi issues after the upgrade with it unable to find networks etc. There was lots of topics on it over the web about how to fix but sadly I just couldnt get them to work.

This was in the earlier stages of the Win10 rollout though so I expect it is prob improved now. However, with OS changes, unless theres something I need from the new one, I see little need to upgrade. This may fall into the "something I need from the new OS" category, dependant on how things pan out.

I think in terms of dx9 support, i think as you say that may well have run its course, dx11 came out in 2009 I believe with win 7, so pc wise i guess its vista and xp guys with 9. Mac and Linux as ya say could prove an issue.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#33 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

Anxiously awaiting Career Mode!

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#34 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

There are lots of things required before the next major release.

Different and new animations / avatars

Career Mode

Sound Scripts

Crowds

I dont see us releasing a new version of the game without all of these things.  However, having said that we will continue to update and improve the existing game.

• Tresclub, mistajam, Crusher and 1 other like this

#35 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:06 PM

Is anyone else using GBVC spreadsheet while waiting for career mode. It's a lot more fun since I got my dual monitors. it's a little complicated but it works very well with PG. 

#36 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

There are lots of things required before the next major release.

Different and new animations / avatars

Career Mode

Sound Scripts

Crowds

I dont see us releasing a new version of the game without all of these things.  However, having said that we will continue to update and improve the existing game.

All of the above would definitely move the game to a new tier!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#37 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

Is anyone else using GBVC spreadsheet while waiting for career mode. It's a lot more fun since I got my dual monitors. it's a little complicated but it works very well with PG.

I plan to use it. But i have problems with compatibility. I have the newest excel and GBVT won't run without errors.

#38 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:49 PM

Education is very important but playing JNPG is more 'importanter' and so is a Career Mode for that matter IMO.

#39 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:04 AM

I plan to use it. But i have problems with compatibility. I have the newest excel and GBVT won't run without errors.

I don't know if Greybeard is around to update it - I thought it was updated for xlsx/xlsm files, but I could be wrong (it appears I am, since the 2010 version is still with xls extensions).  If Greybeard isn't around to update it, I could possibly take a stab at it.  It would likely take me several weeks or months, as I'd first have to figure out what is doing before being able to update the macros (I've never used it) ....

EDIT:

OK, Maybe this won't take as long as I thought .... or perhaps it might! 

I had a quick look at GBVC files and converted them all to the latest version of Excel, updated all macros so that they should work.  I say "should", because all I did was update the macro-enabled sheets to the newer .xlsm extension and updated the macros to reflect the new file names.   My testing has been very limited, but things seemed to be working OK.  For anyone who wants to test (or use) it, it is available here:

Edit #3:  11 Feb 2017

I'd suggest using the the link for the '2017 version' in Edit #2 (below), even though the link for the 2016 version still works.  Also, I'm unaware if frank70 has made any refinements to the Pro players that he alluded to in Post #40, so such refinements are not included in either of these files.

http://ge.tt/2WW3tyf2 

(Download the file with any browser, except Firefox.)

I have tried to tweak a few of the tournament names and previous winners (from 2014-2015).  I also added the list of PG courses that I currently have for choosing when you set up your season.  Again, I have never used this program before.  After skimming through the instruction sheet (included), I saw a few places to add some tweaks to make it more applicable for 2016-2017.  I have not updated the career money earnings, so those will be incorrect.

I hope Mike (Greybeard) doesn't take any offense with me proceeding with these changes.  I have sent him a PM at Links Corner but it seems he hasn't frequented the site for several years.  If anyone is in touch with him, please pass along his contact info to me.

EDIT #2:  Another Update:

OK, I updated the GBVC roster with more recent data (Nov. 6, 2016 world rankings).  This is a beta version of what I've called GBVC 2017 that can be downloaded here (with any browser except Firefox):

http://ge.tt/6yz0D5h2

Edited by Armand, 11 February 2017 - 05:58 PM.

• frank70 likes this

#40 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

I don't know if Greybeard is around to update it - I thought it was updated for xlsx/xlsm files, but I could be wrong (it appears I am, since the 2010 version is still with xls extensions). If Greybeard isn't around to update it, I could possibly take a stab at it. It would likely take me several weeks or months, as I'd first have to figure out what is doing before being able to update the macros (I've never used it) ....

EDIT:
OK, Maybe this won't take as long as I thought .... or perhaps it might!
I had a quick look at GBVC files and converted them all to the latest version of Excel, updated all macros so that they should work. I say "should", because all I did was change the reference to sheets and modified the extension from .xls to .xlsm. My testing has been very limited on these, but for anyone who wants to test (or use) it, it is available here:

.... download link withheld until confirmation from GreyBeard is received....

(Download the file with any browser, except Firefox.)

I have tried to tweak a few of the tournament names and previous winners (from 2014-2015). I also added the list of PG courses that I currently have for choosing when you set up your season. Again, I have never used this program before. After skimming through the instruction sheet (included), I saw a few places to add some tweaks to make it more applicable for 2016-2017. I have not updated the world rankings and money earnings. I started to do so, but ran into some road blocks that I couldn't get around in a short time.

I hope Mike (Greybeard) doesn't take any offense with me proceeding with these changes. I have sent him a PM at Links Corner and hope he responds. If anyone is in touch with him, please pass along his contact info to me.

If you can get it running i can contribute with player attributes (in the Pga tab) that provide really realistic scores. Scoring average and consistency can be tweaked very good by changing some numbers. Birdie average and bogey avoidance as well.

With that you can setup a very aggressive birdie hunter or a very steady player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users