80 replies to this topic

#41 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

There are lots of things required before the next major release.

Different and new animations / avatars

Career Mode

Sound Scripts

Crowds

I dont see us releasing a new version of the game without all of these things.  However, having said that we will continue to update and improve the existing game.

What's the status of the DX11/3d grass update that was supposed to be finished mid October?  I realize it needs to be beta tested before being released to the public, however I'm surprised at it being noticeably absent from your list.

#42 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

New version? Will that be like last time when the game took on the Jack nicklaus moniker? Or (I'm hoping not) a completely separate version of the game?

#43 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

New version? Will that be like last time when the game took on the Jack nicklaus moniker? Or (I'm hoping not) a completely separate version of the game?

For 'new version' read build update. As the game is in constant development new builds get rolled out, so this will be the 'new version'.

You won't have to buy a new version of the game, your current version will be updated to the next build number. For details of some of the things you may see check out - http://www.perfectpa...e-october-2016/

#44 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

What's the status of the DX11/3d grass update that was supposed to be finished mid October?  I realize it needs to be beta tested before being released to the public, however I'm surprised at it being noticeably absent from your list.

I know Andrew made mention of 3D grass in the October Dev update, but don't ever remember seeing any posts to say the 3D grass would be finished by mid-October.

If you have a link to said post, any chance you can share it?

#45 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:40 PM

For 'new version' read build update. As the game is in constant development new builds get rolled out, so this will be the 'new version'.

You won't have to buy a new version of the game, your current version will be updated to the next build number. For details of some of the things you may see check out - http://www.perfectpa...e-october-2016/

The only "new version" I could think of might be the Xbox One/Win 10 versions that would have re-worked GUI and other features.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#46 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

I'm afraid my newly purchased. Amd. R9 graphics laptop won't be able to keep up with the 3d update. Right now I turned the shadows down to about 50 and get roughly 25-40 fps on otherwise medium settings and I'm trying to hold out on Microsoft for the Scorpio next year. Not seeing this game coming to ps4 has me a little on edge. Especially if i see this get released on xboxone this fall.

#47 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:24 PM

I'm afraid my newly purchased. Amd. R9 graphics laptop won't be able to keep up with the 3d update. Right now I turned the shadows down to about 50 and get roughly 25-40 fps on otherwise medium settings and I'm trying to hold out on Microsoft for the Scorpio next year. Not seeing this game coming to ps4 has me a little on edge. Especially if i see this get released on xboxone this fall.

It is coming to PS4.  They had to resubmit the application.  In the mean time, they're working on Win 10/Xbone.  They just can't work on all fronts at one time.  I can assure you, their intention is to eventually bring the game to the PS4.  Andrew talked about this at the end of August in the forum and on the last Twitch broadcast.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#48 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

There are lots of things required before the next major release.

Different and new animations / avatars

Career Mode

Sound Scripts

Crowds

I dont see us releasing a new version of the game without all of these things.  However, having said that we will continue to update and improve the existing game.

What about releasing them one at a time?

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#49 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

What about releasing them one at a time?

I think the whole point of packaging certain updates together is because it is going to be a paid DLC when it is released, much like a new game version would be.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#50 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

I think the whole point of packaging certain updates together is because it is going to be a paid DLC when it is released, much like a new game version would be.

Surely not! Unless I have misunderstood you, these are aspects missing from an as-yet uncompleted game, not features ripe for paid-for DLC. 

• erwildcat likes this

#51 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

Surely not! Unless I have misunderstood you, these are aspects missing from an as-yet uncompleted game, not features ripe for paid-for DLC. 

An in-depth career mode with crowds, stands and tournament sounds could very well be a DLC imho. I mean, we pay for single courses, athough there are dozens out there for free. Why not for another important single-player play mode?

I am pretty sure that career mode will be a DLC. But i know for sure, that i will only pay for that if it has depth. I won't pay for a clone of TGCs season mode (which was DLC as well). But i am sure the PP guys are doing it right.

#52 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:42 PM

An in-depth career mode with crowds, stands and tournament sounds could very well be a DLC imho. I mean, we pay for single courses, athough there are dozens out there for free. Why not for another important single-player play mode?

I am pretty sure that career mode will be a DLC. But i know for sure, that i will only pay for that if it has depth. I won't pay for a clone of TGCs season mode (which was DLC as well). But i am sure the PP guys are doing it right.

OK I'll wait and see. But those were all inbuilt features of Links. What next: 3D-grass - paid DLC? Proper reflections - pad DLC? New animations - paid DLC? Nah, I can't see it. All these should just be updates, surely.

#53 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

OK I'll wait and see. But those were all inbuilt features of Links. What next: 3D-grass - paid DLC? Proper reflections - pad DLC? New animations - paid DLC? Nah, I can't see it. All these should just be updates, surely.

They mentioned a while back about releasing a major (milestone) update as a DLC.  I'm sure it will include a bunch of stuff.  Can't expect everything to be free forever.  

And I think Andrew stated career mode would be a free update in one of the twitch videos.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

#54 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

On reflection, many sport sims bang out an annual livery/team update, call it a new game, and charge full whack for it, so I guess a fee for substantial new features would be OK. When I think how many hours I've got out of this already, I shouldn't (but often do) complain.

#55 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

Animations should be an in-game feature, 3D-grass as well. Of course.

But a really good career mode? I would pay for that.

• erwildcat, rjc3095 and footslogger like this

#56 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:39 PM

I'm committed to JNPG and its success and I support this game 100%.  If game improvements "DLC" or future milestone updates are pay-for,  so be it.  I still have not spent $60 dollars US for everything this game has offered - including all the pay-for courses. LOL!  I am approaching the two year mark with this game and 1,500 hours.  I am retired and on fixed income "Social Security" and JNPG is the best bang for the buck out there.  Bar none!    

I have never used career mode with Links or Tiger Woods.  Not sure TW even had a career mode.  I applaud those player who will, at some point, enjoy playing JNPG in career mode.  The more game play options JNPG has the better off we all are.

• LeazesNDR, zmax - sim and footslogger like this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#57 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:16 AM

I too am fully committed to JNPG and its success.  There is a chance that it will only ever appeal to a niche group who just want a golf sim as realistic as possible without all the arcade frills.  If that is the case I think we should all be prepared to pay a bit more in the form of extra courses and significant enhancements to the game (like an in depth career mode).  The devs are clearly doing this project because they love the game of golf, but we should not expect them to be doing it as an act of charity as well.

#58 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:25 PM

I've updated my earlier post in this thread with the link to a version of GBVC that I believe functions with Excel 2010/2013/2016.  I have done very little testing and I have never used the program myself, so for anyone wanting to test/use it, I'll repeat the link here (downloads with Firefox do not work, unfortunately, but you can use any other browser):

http://ge.tt/2WW3tyf2

#59 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

Great to see fervor building over Career Mode.

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#60 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

I have updated the GBVC roster with more recent data (Nov. 6, 2016 world rankings).  There is a beta version of what I've called GBVC 2017 that can be downloaded here (with any browser except Firefox):
http://ge.tt/6yz0D5h2

Other than the roster update, there is little/no change to the rest of it.  Again, I don't use this and I don't know if the changes I have made work completely.  Until I hear differently, I'm assuming all is fine with this version that is compatible with Excel 2013+.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users