Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

Any news?

x2

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#3 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:35 PM

It was mentioned briefly in the Twitch broadcast yesterday.  It's in progress, but it doesn't sound like it will be out in time to make the Holiday season.  It's one of the features they're considering holding up the XBox One version release for, before it is released.  They said if they did hold out for the Career mode for XBox One release, it likely wouldn't make a Holiday season release likely.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#4 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

It was mentioned briefly in the Twitch broadcast yesterday.  It's in progress, but it doesn't sound like it will be out in time to make the Holiday season.  It's one of the features they're considering holding up the XBox One version release for, before it is released.  They said if they did hold out for the Career mode for XBox One release, it likely wouldn't make a Holiday season release likely.

living in the UK WHAT does Holiday season mean ? in terms of month?

#5 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

I could be wrong being UK side too, but I believe it's December starting from Thanksgiving?

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#6 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

living in the UK WHAT does Holiday season mean ? in terms of month?

Late November to early January but typically focused around Christmas.  People typically start buying presents around Nov/Dec.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#7 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

I could be wrong being UK side too, but I believe it's December starting from Thanksgiving?

That's a commonly held perception of it here in the southeast USA.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#8 stopits here

stopits here

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

thank you all, so probably no Xbox one version this year :angry:

#9 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

Personally, Instead of hearing about 3d grass ... some kind of turf effects ... ect ... ect ...  I'd love to hear about career mode.   :)

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

I think career mode is going to be very important for the console crowd for longevity. After all, they won't have the CF option available to them to allow them to design, and will undoubtedly suffer from far fewer courses to play as well.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#11 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:33 PM

I play 3 maybe 4 courses tops.  I haven't even loaded up most of the default courses.

I'm interested in career mode simply because I never play online.  Career mode allows you to play 2-3 holes and then come back later when there is more free time.

Unfortunately Mike said on Steam that Career Mode wasn't planned but may be considered later. (or something like that :-)  )

What a bummer.  lol

#12 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:59 AM

Unfortunately Mike said on Steam that Career Mode wasn't planned but may be considered later. (or something like that :-)  )

Career mode may be a paid update but it's definitely coming.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#13 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:04 AM

I never play online....

Actually you do play online.  This game cannot be played (ATM) unless you are connected to Steam.  Maybe you meant to say that you play with the PM feature offline.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#14 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:02 AM

Actually you do play online.  This game cannot be played (ATM) unless you are connected to Steam.  Maybe you meant to say that you play with the PM feature offline.

No I meant to say I don't play online.  I think most people understood what I meant.   :)

#15 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:04 AM

Career mode may be a paid update but it's definitely coming.

Paid or unpaid IMHO it needs to get here before 3d grass.   :)

#16 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:33 AM

Paid or unpaid IMHO it needs to get here before 3d grass.   :)

For the XBox One version to have the best chance at success, I think it needs to have:

1.)  New mo-capped animations, left and right-handed, male and female, preferably with at least some degree of facial appearance customization.

2.)  3D grass textures

3.)  Career mode

I'm fairly certain that all of that would push the release date into the next year and if that's the case... so be it.  JNPG would make a much bigger splash on the console with all of these features, which I think most console gamers these days consider to be prerequisites.

• StoneComet likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#17 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

For the XBox One version to have the best chance at success, I think it needs to have:

1.)  New mo-capped animations, left and right-handed, male and female, preferably with at least some degree of facial appearance customization.

2.)  3D grass textures

3.)  Career mode

I'm fairly certain that all of that would push the release date into the next year and if that's the case... so be it.  JNPG would make a much bigger splash on the console with all of these features, which I think most console gamers these days consider to be prerequisites.

That may be true. But I bought the PC version.  When does that get finished?   :)

#18 Steve2golf

Steve2golf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:14 PM

Wrong........ ;)

#19 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

Sorry, Crusher, but this is incorrect.  

When playing offline (not connected to internet/Steam) one only has access to the courses included with the game.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#20 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

1.) New mo-capped animations, left and right-handed, male and female, preferably with at least some degree of facial appearance customization.

2.) 3D grass textures

3.) Career mode

I'm fairly certain that all of that would push the release date into the next year and if that's the case... so be it. JNPG would make a much bigger splash on the console with all of these features, which I think most console gamers these days consider to be prerequisites.

I agree. I do think that a great career mode would be a huge plus though. Not sure where to order 3D grass and career mode honestly.

I think some would be turned off by the oldish lookin 2D rough but some wouldn't care as long as the career mode was awesome. Tough call.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users