• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Managed to get a little practice time with the motionswing, here's a quick vid of my session.

Snap penalty aid 'minimum'

Sweet sport aid 'moderate'

• NoPutt likes this

#2 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

Nice!!!  B)

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#3 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Any chance a future horizontal swing might have a gauge we can click on like in Links?  Always found it helps focus my eyes.

Posted Image

#4 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

You are gonna have to explain the mouse swing as i cannot get past halfway and I top every shot! The game is excellent though and it runs super smooth and I haven't seen detail in a golf game like this since Links

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

You are gonna have to explain the mouse swing as i cannot get past halfway and I top every shot! The game is excellent though and it runs super smooth and I haven't seen detail in a golf game like this since Links

If you're running in a window the mouse loses focus if you move your mouse pointer outside the window, I've seen that before. Try clicking a little further towards the top of the meter to start the swing- that should help.

#6 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

How do you change clubs

#7 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

How do you change clubs

Right click inside the swing meter once to change clubs, twice to get to the shot shaper.

Richard

Posted Image

#8 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Thanks Rich

#9 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Wow. I love that swing.

I guess I'll have to find and read the Manual as I have missed a lot by not beng able to play/test with my old XP machine. Since I got my new one for Christmas I have been playing some but have not found that inner shot shaper with the moveable ball and how to choose Swing Types.

Lots to learn I guess.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#10 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

Wow. I love that swing.

I guess I'll have to find and read the Manual as I have missed a lot by not beng able to play/test with my old XP machine. Since I got my new one for Christmas I have been playing some but have not found that inner shot shaper with the moveable ball and how to choose Swing Types.

Lots to learn I guess.

Jerry

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=375193139

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#11 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Thanks K11.  Boy, it is long.  Any way to hard print it out to read like a book?

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#12 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Managed to get a little practice time with the motionswing, here's a quick vid of my session.

Snap penalty aid 'minimum'

Sweet sport aid 'moderate'

Mike, this is such a good starting point for using the motion swing. Especially the Vimeo version which can be expanded to full screen! Why don't you pin this topic on the board or add it to the MS-manual topic? There is nothing better then watching this and making notes etc. Learning about tempo and rhythm PLUS all the post shot information (and even settings) is excellent in this vid!

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#13 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Thought it was just me, but I notice that at the start of the downswing the arrow on the meter jumps back a tad.

My meter seems to jump back even a little more. Does this effect the power at all?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#14 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Great video and thanks for it. After watching it I don't know if I would want to use the 3c in this game. As in real golf the best players are the ones who practice and play the most and to me the players we have in this game will need to use the virtual range and practice a lot. This won't be like links where you just tee it up and grip and rip to your 52. Love it.

#15 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

I think I answered my question above. It was my hesitation from backswing to downswing that was causing the loss of power.

Mike covered this in an earlier post, but with so much to absorb the last few days I forgot to remember.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users