• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 charriso1973

charriso1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

I've been lurking on this and the OGT forum for quite a while.  Today, I finally decided to purchase the JNPG simulation pass via SkyTrak.  Unfortunately, things didn't go so well on my first day...

The JNPG sim console was "green lighted" for both SkyTrak and Perfect Golf connection, shots successfully registered in the console (ball data displayed), and the console messages read "SkyTrak: Shot sent to Perfect Golf".  However, nothing actually happened in the game - the ball is in the same place it was when I started.

Attached File  JNPG-Skytrak issue.jpg   171.41KB   0 downloads

I've tried this in both USB and Network mode, and the behavior is the same.  I had used the SkyTrak in practice mode for several hours earlier in the day with very few missed shots, so I know things were working fine.

I assume it's user error - any advice is appreciated...  Thanks.

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

have you tried clicking somewhere in the range(aiming) then hit a shot? restart everything and rearm?

#3 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

By the looks of things it doesn't appear you selected skytrak under controls in the settings menu.

#4 charriso1973

charriso1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

have you tried clicking somewhere in the range(aiming) then hit a shot? restart everything and rearm?

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I've re-aimed with no luck.  Restarted the game multiple times.  Still no luck.

#5 charriso1973

charriso1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

By the looks of things it doesn't appear you selected skytrak under controls in the settings menu.

Thanks for offering the help!

But, I'm 100% sure that SkyTrak is selected as Simulator Type in the settings menu and Swing Type is set to "Simulation"...  However, the secondary option (Simulator Mode) only has "none" as an available option for SkyTrak, while other simulator types (Trackman, etc) have multiple options.  I noticed the SkyTrak start guide shows this option as "USB", but I can't change this setting in my game.  Any impact?

#6 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:50 AM

Shouldn't matter. Do you have the 100$ skytrak add on package tied to your skytrak? Forget what it's called...

#7 charriso1973

charriso1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

Shouldn't matter. Do you have the 100$ skytrak add on package tied to your skytrak? Forget what it's called...

Yes, I have an active Play & Improve plan, which is the $200 option, 1 level up from the require Game Improvement Plan.

#8 Tekbud

Tekbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hmm this is very odd.  In game where you select simulation and skytrak there is a box next to skytrak is it red or green?  It should turn green once game sees you connected to interface.  I'm kind of at a loss here.  It should be working based on everything you've tried.  I guess next step is to contact Skygolf but there support is hmmm, how do I put it, not awesome?  Not sure what else to do though...

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Seen this before.   Has to do with the $200 package not getting approved correctly.  You need to email both Skytrak and Andrew Jones.

#10 charriso1973

charriso1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Thanks to you both, Tekbud and zmax.  I'll contact SkyTrak.  I had heard rumor of the not-so-great customer service, so I thought I'd start here first...

#11 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

Be sure to call SkyTrak instead of trying to contact them online. They list a customer service number on their Facebook page.

#12 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

Skytrak support is generally hopeless unless its a simple issue. 

For others and for prosperity the issue you are having is that the skytrak is sending deviceID to perfect golf and never receiving an answer.  The communication from the PG Sim Console to Perfect Golf is being blocked by something on your PC.  In almost 100% of cases where I have seen this it has been caused by WebRoot running in the background which for some strange reason wants to block all communications over localhost.

http://www.perfectpa...im-console-app/

In addition, You mention that it worked previously.  It is possible that the recent update which contained a new PC Sim Console app has voided any exemptions that were created in the firewall, and when it ran the first time you did not see the pop up to allow it through your firewall.  I would try going to the actual app c:\program file(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\perfect golf\apps\PGSimConsole\ and running the pgsimconnector application.  Then check for any firewall prompts that come up. 

#13 charriso1973

charriso1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

Skytrak support is generally hopeless unless its a simple issue. 

For others and for prosperity the issue you are having is that the skytrak is sending deviceID to perfect golf and never receiving an answer.  The communication from the PG Sim Console to Perfect Golf is being blocked by something on your PC.  In almost 100% of cases where I have seen this it has been caused by WebRoot running in the background which for some strange reason wants to block all communications over localhost.

http://www.perfectpa...im-console-app/

In addition, You mention that it worked previously.  It is possible that the recent update which contained a new PC Sim Console app has voided any exemptions that were created in the firewall, and when it ran the first time you did not see the pop up to allow it through your firewall.  I would try going to the actual app c:\program file(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\perfect golf\apps\PGSimConsole\ and running the pgsimconnector application.  Then check for any firewall prompts that come up. 

Thanks Andrew.  Webroot was definitely the cause.  Sorry I didn't catch your previous post regarding Webroot incompatibility...  I'll see if I can find a setting within Webroot that solves this issue, but so far no luck with exceptions for the obvious Steam and PG applications/processes.

Also, to clarify, I never had the Perfect Golf sim to working previous to my original post.  I was referring to the SkyTrak app working on the same PC when I mentioned that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users