45 replies to this topic

#1 Hokodah

Hokodah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

It was my understanding that the Dev `s were shooting for the 1st quarter of this year to release some major advancements, 3D grass, new avitars, career mode, etc..  I am not complaining or criticizing,unexpected things happen, but wonder if we could have a progress report from Andrew or Mike?  Not asking for a date of release or even an estimated date, just an update on how things are progressing now that the 1st. quarter is in the rear view mirror. 

#2 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

Soon.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Parboy and Hammerfest like this

#3 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

Back in to the Hibernation Pods people.

#4 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

I think they are at the Master's this week.

#5 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

Jelly!

#6 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Yip. It's been a while. Most of us are on board for life I guess, but hey, it would be nice to get some peek-a-boo or time line? I stand corrected but my take is that the next update is going to be ... HUGE! right? :D I mean, the bug squashing dept is probably working overtime, but all the new stuff which is surely coming should blow us away? It's been what? 3, 4 months since the last big one? I don't know if 3D grass will be in it (would be great) but will the game be ready for final release with most of all the perks built in, in the coming update? Maybe some of the testers can pitch in here, without breaching anything? Would be nice to have some insight...

• worrybirdie likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#7 EA_Tim

EA_Tim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Yip. It's been a while. Most of us are on board for life I guess, but hey, it would be nice to get some peek-a-boo or time line? I stand corrected but my take is that the next update is going to be ... HUGE! right? :D I mean, the bug squashing dept is probably working overtime, but all the new stuff which is surely coming should blow us away? It's been what? 3, 4 months since the last big one? I don't know if 3D grass will be in it (would be great) but will the game be ready for final release with most of all the perks built in, in the coming update? Maybe some of the testers can pitch in here, without breaching anything? Would be nice to have some insight...

Are you talking about windows 10/console? don't think they are even beta testing that stuff yet?

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

final release i find to be a funny phrase here.

is this game ever going to see one ?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#9 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

I think what there is now is close to or perhaps even considered the final release for this version of PG.   There are still a ton of bugs which need to be addressed and maybe some get addressed for this version, while others will continue to sit as they have been for months.   In my opinion, concentration and direction should now be fully geared towards the Win10 version.  

Moving forward and as previously mentioned, I won't be throwing money into a new PC upgrading for just this game, so I will need to see what the Xbox1 version brings.   It will certainly need to be more of a complete game, with additional features and options for me to consider purchase it in the future.   Over the years, I have enjoyed reading about the progress and participating in the forums, but I personally have no desire to go through an "early access" version again.  

#10 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

I'm still getting gigabyte sized updates for "COD: Infinite Warfare", and that was released 5 months ago by a mega gaming company.

... I won't be throwing money into a new PC upgrading for just this game, so I will need to see what the Xbox1 version brings ... 

Ditto.

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#11 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Quarter 1? Who said that?
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Maybe not.

To me JNPG is like iRacing where it will be continually developed over time with new updates and builds pushed when they are ready.

Don't see it being like a Forza, F1, TW/FIFA/NHL/NBA etc. that always had new versions pushed out annually/biannually.
  • ✠ davef ✠ and Greensboronclion like this

#13 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

http://www.perfectpa.../7697-3d-grass/

I think there are some Infos in that thread. Maybe not specially about the question, but some of the things Mike and Andrew write there might be enough Info.

• Charles likes this

Who cares...

#14 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Quarter 1? Who said that?

The only mention I've seen of a Quarter 1 release target for anything JNPG related, was this post at Operation Sports, concerning the console versions: http://www.operation...1&postcount=144

I take it that bluengold34 (the poster of the above reply) is officially affiliated with Perfect Parallel.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#15 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Well, that was said in a twitch broadcast and many many things have happened since that was said. I'm sure at the time it was their hope it would be released 1st quarter. The beta testers don't even have a version yet.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#16 WeedWhacker141

WeedWhacker141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

As far as if there will ever be final release, I hope not. I would like to think the Dev's can always come up with a refinement or advancement to the game. Always something to look forward to.

• footslogger likes this

#17 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

Maybe not.

To me JNPG is like iRacing where it will be continually developed over time with new updates and builds pushed when they are ready.

Don't see it being like a Forza, F1, TW/FIFA/NHL/NBA etc. that always had new versions pushed out annually/biannually.

I remember Mike saying last year words to the effect that historically frequently updated games don't sell so well.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

I remember Mike saying last year words to the effect that historically frequently updated games don't sell so well.

hmm...

I would imagine that you can go too far the other way and "hardly ever updated" and/or "still feature incomplete" games also don't sell too well..

#19 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

I also would like to see some major updates soon, such as crowds, commentary, and to see the panoramas like mr. watson has created so well for Links.

If those three things are going to soon be put in JNPG, and done right, then I don't want the devs to rush it. I'd rather wait and let them work the bugs out properly.

I try to play at least 18 holes a day when possible, many of the times not even on the same course. But I have to admit, some days I can't play 9 without losing interest somewhat.

I just started to look into Course Forge for the first time. That should kill some time waiting on these updates. Looking CF over, in about two years I should be ready for my 1st full course release..

• RobV likes this

#20 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

I think we will see the new windows 10 release soon.  Like in May, June, July, August or September.   :P

• Hammerfest likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users