3 replies to this topic

#1 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

I've just completed my first 18 at Shadowlands using the motion swing with all aids off and it was as tough a round as I've ever experienced in computer golf.

Two halves of 58 for a grand total of 116 and the challenge of trying to control my mouse with any consistency was just what I was hoping for.

I've got a decent set-up so started with the all video options set to maximum and everything ran great and looked fantastic.  Of course there are plenty of things to fix, introduce and generally sort out but that's for another day.

Thanks PG, I'll be sticking with this for many years to come I'm sure.

• Dazmaniac, fungolfer and RobV like this

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

I've just completed my first 18 at Shadowlands using the motion swing with all aids off and it was as tough a round as I've ever experienced in computer golf.

Two halves of 58 for a grand total of 116 and the challenge of trying to control my mouse with any consistency was just what I was hoping for.

I've got a decent set-up so started with the all video options set to maximum and everything ran great and looked fantastic.  Of course there are plenty of things to fix, introduce and generally sort out but that's for another day.

Thanks PG, I'll be sticking with this for many years to come I'm sure.

Very nice to hear. Thank you!!

Richard

Posted Image

#3 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

I was very surprised how much a slight mishit at bottom of meter caused the shot to go left or right even with the assists on maximum.  I like that though.  I think it ought to be hard to hit the ball straight.  Still trying to get the graphics settings like I want them to play really smooth but loving the game so far.

The only thing I would like to see is a stationary landing camera that is snaps to after the shot.  From reading the other posts I am not sure how doable that is but hopefully it can be worked in somehow.

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#4 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hard to manage the cameras, we have discussed this a long time. PG is using real time physics, so the system doesn't know where the ball will land. If you use stationary cams, the ball might run behind the cam and you won't see where it finally stops. That's why the devs decided not to use stationary cams but they try hard to get the views as real as possible.

Who cares...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users