#1 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:07 AM

Stupid question (or should be). The Microsoft player doesn't recognize the file. Another example of making something harder than it has to be?

You probably have to pay a subscription to some software company to do it (come on bro...pay out). Reminds me of a lot of the struggles with CF.

#2 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

Open JNPG, click on "Solo" , click on "Saved Shots" simples.................... ;) 

• RobV likes this

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Just like Links, you view the saved shot in the game.

When you save the shot, if isn't saving it as a video file. It is a SHT file. You could choose to record the saved shot when you go back in the game to replay it, using FRAPS, BANDICAM et. and then you have the file that can be played back in Microsoft Player.

Much like if you record the round, you don't play back in a video player. It is a file to be used within JNPG.

Nothing hard about it, just need to understand the concept behind it.

#4 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Thx guys. Wanted to send one to someone who didn't own the game, or perhaps post one online, Guess I'll have to see if I have any programs that will convert it. Back to the Masters!

#5 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Thx guys. Wanted to send one to someone who didn't own the game, or perhaps post one online, Guess I'll have to see if I have any programs that will convert it. Back to the Masters!

Ian has the correct instructions.  Yes, you can share the shot file with another person who owns the game and has the course. Send it via email or transfer it to them via any file sharing method that accepts most file types.

I don't think too many people are bothered by the current glitch in the replays. The ball hangs once or twice when the saved shot is played. The hang has nothing to do with recording software. However, for those of us who enjoy producing videos, using Saved Shots does not currently give us a smooth and seamless result.

I did my best on this one a while back using Saved Shots but you can still see the ball 'hang' for just a millisecond or two on some of the shots.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#6 cameron12x

cameron12x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

Just like Links, you view the saved shot in the game.

When you save the shot, if isn't saving it as a video file. It is a SHT file. You could choose to record the saved shot when you go back in the game to replay it, using FRAPS, BANDICAM et. and then you have the file that can be played back in Microsoft Player.

--------------------------------------

I can see the option to view saved shots, but when I click it only allows me to start playing that course again.  It doesn't replay the saved shots.  And I know that I them.  I looked in the folder where the SHT files are stored.  I have a hole in one that I want to see again.  TIA!

#7 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

So you click on Solo Play, then Saved Shots, then Replay and it starts a new round?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#8 cameron12x

cameron12x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

So you click on Solo Play, then Saved Shots, then Replay and it starts a new round?

That is what is happening to me.  I see where it stores the SHT files, so I know I have been saving them properly. 

I have a hole in one that I'd like to see again!

#9 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

After you click Replay the Game page will load.  Click the Start button and the game loads the course and then will play back the shot.  You may have to wait a moment before the ani takes the shot.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#10 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

But getting back to the original posting...you can't record shots to send to people who don't have the game to show them how great it is. That's a shame.

#11 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

That is what is happening to me.  I see where it stores the SHT files, so I know I have been saving them properly. 

I have a hole in one that I'd like to see again!

You are most likely clicking on another player's Saved Game. Be sure to click on Saved Shots then choose whatever is in your list.  That one particular shot will be replayed on your screen.

Can you share those shot files with other JNPG players?  Yes you can.  You can send them via email or file transfer any of your saved shots to another player for them to save in Recorded Rounds then view in their Saved Shots after they launch the game.  No different from Links 2003 when we shared many of our best shots with other members, just the .sht location is in a different location. In fact, LSPN forum allows uploads of .sht (shot files) so others can download them to watch on their screens. They must put your saved shots in the correct folder and have the exact same course installed on their system to view your saved shot.

Now. If you want to share them with the world all nicely recorded you'll have to find a Screen Video Capture program that you like that will allow you to capture, edit and produce the video for upload to YouTube.  Then you can share the URL via email, PM etc. with anyone you choose. Or, simply post them in this or any other forum.

For example:  This HIO occurred during this weeks Seasiders Seaside Challenge at PGLS.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#12 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

But getting back to the original posting...you can't record shots to send to people who don't have the game to show them how great it is. That's a shame.

you can if you vid it.

#13 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

It's not a video file, it's a data file containing the info for the game to relay the shot. You must record it as a video file with 3rd party software to view it directly.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#14 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

We never could share shots with people to see if they did not have the game installed on their computers.  To share shots you have to learn how to make videos or simply find and share our videos at YouTube.

Or.  You copy the saved shot and send it to someone who has JNPG and the same course installed on their PC.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#15 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Got it!

#16 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

OK so now how do you get them off or delete them???. Also saved games from friends & your own???

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users