Photo

GYRO Swing with AXIS control Steam Controller (tilt to swing)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha-Breeze

Alpha-Breeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

V2 *******UPDATE******* V

VERSION 2 AVAILABLE NOW!

(Release Date: April, 24th 2017)

STEAM CONTROLLER ONLY!

Gyro Swing Motion with NEW AXIS feature now available to upload in Steam Community!

*******************RE-EDIT WIH EXPLAINED BINDINGS*******************

I had to edit this posting which I did and apologize how it was worded. I do hope people with the steam controller enjoy the new gyro/axis mapping to swing controller instead of basic joystick, 3-click' etc.

Wow so many haters, the nicest post feedback was DoGgz even when he joked. I don't cut down anybody and I only wanted people with the steam controller to try gyro instead of 3-click and Xbox commands. I never thought I would get bashed posting here so bad. I thought people were more mature here than in the Steam Forum. That's why I joined.

I read and learn many topics here and couldn't believe the hate towards my configs for the steam controller. I wanted and did design a great mapping on the steam controller to just swing the controller and since I got it to work flawlessly with PG I was excited to share the config for the steam controller a while back Months ago.

Almost 500 players downloaded my old config and complained there wasn't a X Axis feature to make it more harder to play. So I designed the mapping to work with the Gyro and X axis to make swinging very hard and control the slice and fade of ball by steering, tilting the swing. In fact, PG removed the warning message "unforgiving device" being used because the old method was too easy. Now swinging is unpredictable how the ball hits. So why is it cheating some say? PG message is gone so I must of designed the mapping better. All I did was put the basic click buttons into a tilt gyro.

Another thing, as for the "steer" Yes you can steer (SORRY I WORDED IT WRONG!) What I meant to describe was, as soon as you draw back or full swing, steer to right it slices to left etc..... In ball flight steering is..... as soon as you swing just before impact on the ball, if you tilt controller it stays in the slice path. You can steer your hit. Instead of the option to choose draw or slice clicking buttons, all I did was put them commands into a MOTION. That's what cool about the Steam Controller. I could program swing on the off button if I wanted to. so....... I set many commands on the gyro and X Axis that's all! All them features are in game.... I just added them to motion instead.

You cant steer back and forth around trees. Which I apologize on the first post with the wording. Game play doesn't have a code for that. This is a harder way to play with gyro and X axis combo. 

Also for steer on green, You CAN steer to the right as your club drops before hitting ball and it will go to the left (slice) Also, when you putt, you swing controller and keep controller in a flat position (example: steer to the right, the ball will go to the right. (I took the PG programmed stance in game and put it into the gyro A Axis motion code). More real feeling when putting.

Same with pull. fade, spin....  All it is, is the commands in game already when you choose to mark the ball for a fade or spin but I took them commands and put them into the controller X Axis so instead of clicking button to see your outcome after you swing, you just tilt controller using motion. Why anyone gets mad about this doesn't make sense.

Have a Steam Controller? try it......  You will be hooked! (pun intended)

Swinging using the GYRO feature with full Horizontal and Vertical Axis bindings lets you tilt, fade, slice, and control in flight fade using the Gyro/Axis steering feature by swinging. and tilting your Steam Controller!

​Thanks for the comments from forums, emails, offering advise and input that helped me redesign the Gyro play now with Axis control!

Swinging with Gyro/Axis features gives you a harder challenge with the realistic feel of swinging and unpredictable game play. Your swing movements will depend your golf score good or bad!

VERSION 2 FEATURES:

​Swing, steer, tilt the Steam Controller to the left will slice the golf ball to the right.

​Swing, steer, tilt the Steam Controller to the right will slice the golf ball to the left.

True Gyro/Axis tilt, steer, fade, and control swing!

​Detailed Labels and Bindings in Steam Controller Menu!

No more Warning message indicating a forgiving swing device. (Older Version)

​No more Perfect Swings! Your swing reflects true outcome, even a bad score!

​Using the NEW Gyro swing feature with full Horizontal and Vertical Axis bindings give the player a harder challenging, unpredictable swing and ball flight. Gyro/Axis allows:

Disclaimer: "steering' does NOT mean steer along flight!

​Steering means, you can steer like a steering wheel on a car with the controller. NOT to be mistaken by "steering ball" this option provides a better hook, slice, and fade only.

​Steering swing or putting

​Fade

​Push Forward

Slice

​Draw

Chipping Draw Back

​Putting Steer

​Swing Control

Spin Control

PLEASE READ ALL INFO BELOW BEFORE DOWNLOADING

Download the new VERSION 2 Gyro/Axis Bindings for your steam controller

Direct link to Steam Controller Bindings found here:

steam://controllerconfig/288140/912572906

​Copy to clipboard, then when in Big Picture mode paste link.

​This will take you directly to the steam controller bindings to view and download to your controller, Your steam controller must be on.

OR' a faster way below

Download option #2 Follow instructions below.

While in Big Picture Mode only, select the PG game but don't run it. 

Select Manage Game

​Select Controller Configuration

​Press "A" button (Browse Configs)

​Select Community

Look under "Alpha-Breeze" called:

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (GYRO/AXIS) v2

***INSTRUCTIONS BELOW***

The way controller is held, setting Gyro/Axis bindings for Gyro/Axis (swinging, tilting, steering controller) was a challenging process.

Just tilt the steam controller towards chest and drop back down! full swing, soft swing, slice shot, tilt, steer, you name it! 

**************************

INSTRUCTIONS:

Because of limitations in the description uploading a users Steam Controller configuration in Community, I wanted to explain the buttons on how to use the (tilt controller) swing method with disable option and other controls while playing.

This posting learns the use of Gyro/Axis with the Steam Controller.

For the Steam Controller to work smoothly with the Gyro/Axis feature "AFTER" you upload your Steam Controller binding of "Jack Nickolas Perfect Golf (GYRO/AXIS v2)", you will need to go into your Perfect Golf menu settings and make sure you set these swing settings:

Choose "Gamepad Only" and "Real Time Swing Controller"
Find your meter sensitive settings (two of them) set them BOTH at 4.00

**GYRO**

Gyro/Axis mode will always be in standby while your on the golf course. When ready to swing and before you swing, make sure your Steam Controller is in an almost upward position. (not completely straight up) To activate Gyro/Axis swing mode, press the "A" button. Tilt the Steam Controller towards your chest and then drop back down FLAT to swing. Depending on your movement will depend swing outcome and ball flight.

TIP: Ball fades vary with movements of controller. Outcome data will always be different. Try steering ball with controller in flat position left/right. Upright data varies as well. Tilting, steering pulling will effect ball flights and landings. Experiment and try different movements.

The Steam Controller must be close to an upright position but not fully straight upright before you press the "A" button to swing. This is important or may result in a faulty swing which will cost you a penalty stroke added to your score.

TIP: controller swings in flat position only including upside down. This is why it must be held almost upward so it can be tilted backwards for you to swing.

To turn off the Gyro/Axis feature anytime I designed "automatic off" feature as soon as your thumb touches and stays on the right haptic pad.

When you press "A" button (ready to swing) Gyro/Axis is activated touch the right haptic pad with your thumb (firm pressure NO CLICK) and KEEP your thumb on pad to leave Gyro/Axis off as you now use the right haptic pad to swing. Your Thumb MUST stay on haptic pad firmly to cancel out Gyro/Axis for that swing. 

If you choose this option (NO GYRO/AXIS SWING) the swing is OUTER EDGE. run your thumb middle to down haptic pad then outer edges to swing. Gliding your thumb on lower outer edge (either direction) raises and lowers your swing strength. Swing through center to top of haptic pad to swing. This was designed to control golf swing more accurately. (releasing thumb  enables Gyro/Axis to steer, fade, and control ball by tilting or steering the controller)

Please Note: Gyro/Axis swing will always be activated when the "A" button is pressed, unless you touch and hold the right haptic pad after you enable swing mode. 

TIP: When Gyro/Axis is engaged you decide you want a different club, stance, or aim just move the "left thumb stick" and it will take you out of swing mode until your ready to press the "A" button again to start your Gyro/Axis swing.

**CONTROLS IN GAME ONLY!**

D-PAD (is click enabled you must click to use)
Up = Green View, Camera Hover. (click anytime)
Left = Camera Player Stance. (3 clicks 3 views)
Right = Flyby View. (click again to stop full flyby)
Down = Marker Stick also displays mini map. (use left thumb stick to move marker stick)

"B" Button = Mini map of golf course.

"B" Back Button NOT Enabled during Game Play.

"Y" Button = Grid on/off. (can be used anytime)
"A" Button = Enables Gyro/Axis swing including right haptic pad swing as well.
"X" Button = Menu, shortcuts, GP settings.

Left Select Arrow = Fly by flag pin towards player can be pressed anytime location of flag.
Right Select Arrow = Flag pin in hole on green or remove flag pin when near or on green.

Left Pull Trigger = Hold left pull trigger, use left thumb stick for spin, curve, ball draw, forward motion, slice, fade, etc.

TIP: Use with Gyro/Axis for a more challenging outcome.

Right Pull Trigger = *PRESS ONCE* Locks controller into free camera viewing. When engaged you can tilt the controller (Gyro/Axis mode activated) left, right, up, down, and circle motion. You also can use right haptic pad, (touch and hold with thumb for camera movements (shuts Gyro/Axis off) while haptic pad being used. Thumb stick Zooms in/out camera view ANY angle! Great for obstructed views. To keep current view selected press the right pull trigger again to lock view. 

TIP: Once locked and you decide this isn't the view you wanted before you swing, just move thumb. Reset default view.

NOTE: In camera view, up/down will be reversed due to swing settings.

Steering left/right will remain normal.

Left & Right Top Triggers = Selects Clubs.
TIP: Left Top Trigger can also be clicked after your swing to zoom in golf ball while in Flight! Left or Right Top Triggers shuts ball zoom off. 

Left Paddle = On screen keyboard - Use thumb stick or both haptic pads to select text. use left or right paddles to select large fonts or character keys.

X button moves keyboard to all corners of screen.

Right Paddle = Screenshot! Use camera anytime to take screenshots of game! 

NOTE: Haptic rumble are disabled on the left/right haptic pads. 

There is a slight lag issue when rumble features are enabled.

**MENU CONTROLS ONLY!**

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf isn't fully designed for Steam Controllers so there are some silly issues that disrupt certain settings. Here are some tips.

Sometime when a keyboard AND Steam Controller are plugged in while setting up settings the Steam Controller will not work well in the menu or gameplay settings. If this happens unplug the Steam Controller USB receiver then use keyboard to set golf settings. Or, you may need to unplug or turn off keyboard to set golf settings with the Steam Controller.

Keyboard may conflict starting game as well. (latest update seem to fix this)

​                         ************GYRO MENU ISSUES TIP************

Perfect Golf game menu only. Gyro/Axis at this time CANNOT be shut off with a "CLICK" command. It can only be disabled with a "HOLD" option. A assigned "click" command still requires "click and hold" to disable Gyro/Axis.

​Touch right haptic pad with thumb (KEEP THUMB ON HAPTIC PAD) to shut off Gyro/Axis while in Perfect Golf menu mode. This will save you issues with settings changing rapidly because of movement from holding the controller. While thumb resting on right haptic pad sliding your thumb left/right to select your choice settings. Move left thumb stick to navigate to next setting.

Left thumbstick for navigation while sliding thumb left/right on right haptic pad changes settings.

Releasing your thumb will enable Gyro/Axis. Steer option will be active.

Once your familiar controlling the steer movement, use steer feature to cycle through game settings steering controller left/right. Touch and hold right haptic pad locks choice setting. 

Left thumb stick works with the selections in the PG Game Menu.

NOTE: Selecting golf courses, changing game settings, gameplay settings will not work using the left thumb stick to change settings. you either steer controller or use right haptic pad.

REMEMBER: Right haptic pad to change game settings. Touch and hold right haptic pad firmly.

(no click) slide thumb (LEFT/RIGHT) to change settings or select golf courses.

FUN TIP: When you cycle through your golf courses carousel, steer your Steam Controller left/right to cycle through them! Once course selected, use left thumbstick downward.

"A" = Select Button in game menu
"B" = Back Button (menu only)

ISSUES: IF the game freezes (because of an update or game issue) Just press the four upper triggers at the same time TWICE. A message box will display a "Re-Hit" option and will set you back to the last previous landing. Penalty stroke will be added to your score. 

This RARELY HAPPENS but it's a failsafe designed to back out of a game freeze.

Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

yikes, steer the ball in midair??? now thats cheating, ban this thing ha   (somewhat jokingly)

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

I don't see how the ball in the air or ground can be 'steered' by a controller which is just a means of producing impact conditions. In PG once the ball has been hit it's on its own and subject to the elements and the ground physics. Link does not seem to worth either...

Changing greens to soft does not affect putting physics at all either. I feel the OP is overstating what his controller config can do and unless I receive info from him to the contrary I will have to delete the post.

#4 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Some people like there drama, come up with something believable.

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

After all the color and grandiosity in his post, I was looking for the "Order controller secrets for $19.95" link that gives you ransomware.  LOL

• Jesus Jones likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#6 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

Lol i don't think he literally means steer the ball, it may feel like it if you swing with a more left or right motion.  Once the shot is initiated there would be nothing more to add would there.  Anyway, thanks to the OP for posting this, a lot of work has gone into the swing and the post.  It's appreciated buddy...if only by me  :) i have a steam controller and its a straight shooter for the most part, i'd rather play with my xbox wireless, but i'll def give it a go for a change of pace outside of tour rounds...thanks

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#7 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

How will other players know if you are using the steam controller in tournament play?

#8 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Lol i don't think he literally means steer the ball, it may feel like it if you swing with a more left or right motion.  Once the shot is initiated there would be nothing more to add would there.  Anyway, thanks to the OP for posting this, a lot of work has gone into the swing and the post.  It's appreciated buddy...if only by me  :) i have a steam controller and its a straight shooter for the most part, i'd rather play with my xbox wireless, but i'll def give it a go for a change of pace outside of tour rounds...thanks

oops my bad he does mean steer  " in flight steer" i think a bit of fade or draw made it feel like he was steering it.  Lol would be good though, sod the candidate, gimme the manchurian golf ball  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

After all the color and grandiosity in his post, I was looking for the "Order controller secrets for $19.95" link that gives you ransomware.  LOL

But wait!!
Call in the next 30 minutes to receive the faux suede controller nub cover and carrying case completely free!

*supplies are limited, delivery within 4-6 weeks
  • Crow357 likes this

#10 Alpha-Breeze

Alpha-Breeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:47 AM

*******************RE-EDIT WIH EXPLAINED BINDINGS*******************

I had to edit this posting which I did and apologize how it was worded. I do hope people with the steam controller enjoy the new gyro/axis mapping to swing controller instead of basic joystick, 3-click' etc.

Wow so many haters, the nicest post feedback was DoGgz even when he joked. I don't cut down anybody and I only wanted people with the steam controller to try gyro instead of 3-click and Xbox commands. I never thought I would get bashed posting here so bad. I thought people were more mature here than in the Steam Forum. That's why I joined.

I read and learn many topics here and couldn't believe the hate towards my configs for the steam controller. I wanted and did design a great mapping on the steam controller to just swing the controller and since I got it to work flawlessly with PG I was excited to share the config for the steam controller a while back Months ago.

Almost 500 players downloaded my old config and complained there wasn't a X Axis feature to make it more harder to play. So I designed the mapping to work with the Gyro and X axis to make swinging very hard and control the slice and fade of ball by steering, tilting the swing. In fact, PG removed the warning message "unforgiving device" being used because the old method was too easy. Now swinging is unpredictable how the ball hits. So why is it cheating some say? PG message is gone so I must of designed the mapping better. All I did was put the basic click buttons into a tilt gyro.

Another thing, as for the "steer" Yes you can steer (SORRY I WORDED IT WRONG!) What I meant to describe was, as soon as you draw back or full swing, steer to right it slices to left etc..... In ball flight steering is..... as soon as you swing just before impact on the ball, if you tilt controller it stays in the slice path. You can steer your hit. Instead of the option to choose draw or slice clicking buttons, all I did was put them commands into a MOTION. That's what cool about the Steam Controller. I could program swing on the off button if I wanted to. so....... I set many commands on the gyro and X Axis that's all! All them features are in game.... I just added them to motion instead.

You cant steer back and forth around trees. Which I apologize on the first post with the wording. Game play doesn't have a code for that. This is a harder way to play with gyro and X axis combo. 

Also for steer on green, You CAN steer to the right as your club drops before hitting ball and it will go to the left (slice) Also, when you putt, you swing controller and keep controller in a flat position (example: steer to the right, the ball will go to the right. (I took the PG programmed stance in game and put it into the gyro A Axis motion code). More real feeling when putting.

Same with pull. fade, spin....  All it is, is the commands in game already when you choose to mark the ball for a fade or spin but I took them commands and put them into the controller X Axis so instead of clicking button to see your outcome after you swing, you just tilt controller using motion. Why anyone gets mad about this doesn't make sense.

Have a Steam Controller? try it......  You will be hooked! (pun intended)

• GoldenBear likes this

#11 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

I think it's great when people mod games and try to provide a new or different experience. I don't have a Steam controller, but if I did I would definitely give this a try.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#12 Alpha-Breeze

Alpha-Breeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

The link only works when accessing it with a steam controller through big picture mode.

When you own a steam controller the link is in steam controller community for controllers only, it doesn't work from the web side, only uploads a controller template viewing for downloading a users controller config to share again through steam community while on controller.

This way you can share steam controller configs with other steam controller users.

It's the latest update steam rolled out last Month. 

Direct link to Steam Controller Bindings found here:

steam://controllerconfig/288140/912572906

​Copy to clipboard, then when in Big Picture mode paste link.

​This will take you directly to the steam controller bindings to view and download to your controller, Your steam controller must be on.

OR' a faster way below

Download option #2 Follow instructions below.

While in Big Picture Mode only, select the PG game but don't run it. 

Select Manage Game

​Select Controller Configuration

​Press "A" button (Browse Configs)

​Select Community

Look under "Alpha-Breeze" called:

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (GYRO/AXIS) v2

#13 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

I believe your new profile including the X Axis would be a legit way to play the Game. But your wording would suggest the contrary.

For 1 remove the reference to in-flight, you can't change the flight of the ball after it has been hit.

2- remove the word "steer"  people are going to think you're talking about steering the golf ball while it's moving, and not the controller before impact. Just use "Tilt controller to the side to Draw and Fade" in place of. 

I see you put a lot of work into this to play correctly, so would hate for people to think other wise because of the wording.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#14 Alpha-Breeze

Alpha-Breeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the advice wirenut48! I did re-word the posting took out "in flight steer" and explained "steer" as well being it is a feature on the controller it's used differently with this game.

Again, Thanks

Disclaimer: "steering' does NOT mean steer along flight!

​Steering means, you can steer like a steering wheel on a car with the controller. NOT to be mistaken by "steering ball" this option provides a better hook, slice, and fade only.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#15 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

i do have to say, it really was the wording that put me totally off, thinking of tiger woods games where you can steer ball inflight.

so i understand now that it makes it more difficult and as suck more realisitc and comparable to standatrd xbox/ps controllers.

if you had used just normal golfing terms.

still, i don tlike the idea of a script changing things, anyone can do that and make things way to easy then.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#16 Alpha-Breeze

Alpha-Breeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

wim1234, Thanks for the kind words and input as well. Trust me, this is NOT like Tiger Woods golf where goofy stuff goes on like turbo boost or silly fake flights. The controller uses all the PG settings but instead of clicking buttons to see outcome, you use a motion feature to enable outcome. The outcome is UNPREDICTABLE because of any slight movements or tilts on the controller.... It is 100% harder to get a perfect score. Plus to add to that, an experience to relax on couch looking at a 65" screen and just swinging a controller vs. analog sticks.

I did not change any script, I just addressed many of the slice, and fades into the Gyro/Axis for a "motion" play using all of PG settings. No script is added or tweaked.

When you play some games maybe this PG and example: Xbox controller "tells" you what button is the swing (example thumbstick) well..... if the developer didn't design a mapping for Xbox controllers to make "Any" button the swing your stuck with just that it tells you (thumbstick). I don't know about PG with any controllers to see if this is true because I only use the Steam Controller.

I mention this because, The steam controller mapping is BLANK when you load this PG game, except basic commands uploaded to get you started. So since this controller is 100% customizable I felt instead of clicking the button and using thumbstick to mark right side of ball to swing and watch the cartoon Avatar slice it after my 3-click felt like the game did all the work.  So.... I took that command mapped it into horizontal and vertical tilt axis and now I can decide the fade swinging  the remote. This way it feels so natural and makes this play a experience you never thought of compared to basic swing commands.

My wording gave a wrong impression and It sucks I was attacked on what I wanted to offer. I guess I'm better at mapping, mod, and binding commands in a controller than me posting the achievement in a way people would be excited about because I worded it wrong.

Hope people with the steam controller enjoys this!

Enjoy!

#17 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

i do have to say, it really was the wording that put me totally off, thinking of tiger woods games where you can steer ball inflight.

so i understand now that it makes it more difficult and as suck more realisitc and comparable to standatrd xbox/ps controllers.

if you had used just normal golfing terms.

still, i don tlike the idea of a script changing things, anyone can do that and make things way to easy then.

you don't need any script changing for a steam controller, i have one and its real easy to play tour pro with it in the normal gamepad manner, i will never use it on tour or even in solo, pads like these suck the enjoyment out of the game, victories would be hollow and solo play would be boring as hell.  The official xbox 360 pad is my pref as its the hardest controller to use, even xbox one is easier. the steam controller is on par with the DS4, any other generic pad is a straight shooter.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#18 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

The game plays hardest with the Xbox360 controller and that is without doubt. If the game goes to console on Xboxone and also goes W10 then it would be pretty easy I would assume to make it play only with an Xbox type controller. If the game makes it to the PS4 that would bring the DS4 into play and if we get there we would be better off as all 3rd party controllers would be gone. The Xbox one and DS4 are easier than the xbox360 but nowhere near the simplicity of the 3rd party units like a Speed link or Logitech. The fact 8s nothing from Microsoft or Sony is going to get banned.
  • DoGgs likes this

#19 Alpha-Breeze

Alpha-Breeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

Thanks for the input on this topic. The Steam Controller is not a basic controller. It has the software keyboard mapping and also mouse mapping including Xbox, Ps4, Wii, etc... You just assign the output of the game play to what ever button you want. It is brilliant! The "Haptic" pads are so precise and feels like a mouse to make the commands customizable exactly that of a keyboard so the player can have his own bindings what feels best for them.

I myself HATE controllers. I am a hard core gamer keyboard and mouse player. I am not a console player because of controllers. You just can't get precise movements like a gaming mouse or the speed or the programing of the controller. Console games are always set by the game developers 80% of the time and you play with "told to play settings on the controller" basically.

Since the Steam Controller uses an overlay on ANY game, it can never be not an option because if the game used a keyboard (it thinks it's a keyboard) if the developer only uses a PS4 controller... it thinks its a PS4 controller BUT..... I can program ANY BUTTON to my style of game play. If it shows X button is walk, I simply make tilt controller walk, or soft touch D pad.

Why is it, a person playing PG with a $200 gaming mouse with 12,000 DPI precise movement swing and aim doesn't get called a cheater in the game however I swing the controller and slice it to Tiger Woods house It's cheating in some players eyes?

I could program the Steam Controller to use the Thumbstick as well, but you don't feel your really playing. This is a whole new playing experience and makes this game that much better. I used a keyboard mouse on this game... didn't like it, I 3-clicked as well, that to me is like pressing a start button and watching an avatar take over. Then came the Steam Controller... I used the haptic pad slid my thumb to swing... that was pretty cool, assigned the thumbstick, that was like Xbox, Then...... I said... hey I wonder if I can take advantage just tilting and swinging this controller, so I took countless hours and days and made it work! Challenging and fun and most of all feels like your swinging and feels like your in the game instead of watching an avatar swing to 3-clicks.

I'm not a controller guy..... THIS STEAM CONTROLLER is taking over my keyboard and mouse and the programing that can be mapped on so many games are mind boggling. Anyways hope you all have a great day ad night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users