9 replies to this topic

#1 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

I have been having major problems with getting the "PG Sim Connector has stopped working" error message when the JNPG game software is trying to connect (or has recently connected) with my SkyTrak unit. I had been having this problem with increasing frequency over the past couple of months, with PG sometimes not connecting normally and sometimes crashing during game play mid-round. I was even getting total system crashes at times, with the dreaded bluescreen and the computer (a Dell PC) re-starting on its own. Rather than upgrading my old computer for memory, processor, graphics card, OS, etc. I decided to get a new computer to see if that would normalize the increasing JNPG problems and provide improved overall performance.

Friday, I set up my new computer, which is a Dell XPS 8920 with 16k RAM, i7 CPU, NVidia 1070, Win 10, and a SSD drive. The computer runs great for everything except JNPG. After a total clean install of Steam and JNPG, the new computer is no longer crashing and showing bluescreens, but I'm still having major problems with the PG Sim Connector not working.  (The SkyTrak is working fine with the SkyTrak app by the way.)  The standard "PG Sim Connector has stopped working" message has been followed several times by another message: "The instruction at 0x000000006E8D5423 referenced memory at 0x0000000092900DF0. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program."

I can provide more detailed info for anyone willing to help out, but I'd be really grateful for ideas about how to resolve the Sim Connector problem. Currently, JNPG is not working for me.  

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

Don't know of anybody that had a problem like this.   Is the Skytrak connected via wifi or USB?  Do you have Webroot anti virus?  if so, you must remove it.

Also, try posting your problem here:

http://onlinegolftou...wforum.php?f=22

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Can you walk me through what happens. IE Connect to game, hit a few shots, then it happens or however much information you can provide.  It is quite possible that if you are connected via USB the connection is loose (I have seen this with at least of couple of different SkyTraks) and our handling of the constant connecting and reconnecting is not as stable as the Skytrak app.  We have made a number of stability improvements to this reconnecting but it is quite possible that with this occuring multiple times in rapid sucession that this could happen.  As much information as you can provide will help.

#4 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

I'll try to describe the situation in more detail. I took some screenshots, but they are larger than 500KB so I couldn't upload them.

Currently, if I have been lucky enough to connect and set up a game, it hasn't stopped working mid-round (although it did do that sometimes last month on my old computer).  Now, the "PG Sim Connector has stopped working" typically comes up without a connection or within 5-10 seconds after a connection is made. Going into the Setting menu in the game restarts the attempt at a connection (so the white connector screen comes back up) but it still won't connect. I was able to get a successful connection once in the past 24 hours and I played a few holes on Royal Troon before I shut down the game. More than 9 out of 10 attempts at connection result in failure, using either USB or network. When it fails to connect, the text on the connector screen is sometimes just a few lines and sometimes a lot longer.

I use Norton 360 for internet security, and turning off my firewall has not eliminated my connection problems.

When I had these connection problems on my new computer after installing Steam and JNPG, I ran the Steam program that verifies the integrity of the local files. The message came back that 3 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.  After additional unsuccessful attempts at connection, I uninstalled and re-installed JNPG via Steam. Steam then told me that all files were validated, but PG still wouldn't connect when I tried it. I then ran the Steam verification check again, and now it gave me the "3 files failed to validate and will be reacquired" response it had given before the JNPG re-install. I wish I knew what was going on with that issue and if it is related to the connection problems.

Please let me know what additional info would be helpful and thanks for any suggestions you can provide. 

#5 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

I reduced the file size of my screen shots and included 3 in this post:

(1)  A no-connect with a short string of commands in the console text.

(2) A no-connect with a longer string of commands in the console text.

(3)  The text in the log when you toggle the Z key after any non-connect.

(In a separate post, I will attach the comparable screenshots for the only successful connection I have had in the last couple of days.)  

I hope this info will be helpful.

Attached File  No Connect - Console (Short).png   144.32KB   0 downloadsAttached File  No Connect - Console (Long).png   196.02KB   0 downloadsAttached File  No Connect - Z Log.png   95.6KB   0 downloads

As zmax suggested, I'm attaching a link to a folder on Google Drive that includes higher resolution versions of these screenshots:

https://drive.google...WFk?usp=sharing

#6 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

upload those pics to photo bucket or imgur.  then paste their html embeded link in your posts here.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

So it looks to me like there are multiple discovery processes running at the same time which eventually causes the Skytrak DLL files to crash wihich crashes PG.  Is it possible that you have auto connect set to true in the settings and are still manually pressing the connect to skytrak button as well thus initiating a second process.  Is it also possible that if you dont have autoconnect on that you have a failing mouse which is causing a double click to be sent when clicking the connect to skytrak button

• SDL likes this

#8 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

Andrew,

I haven't had time yet to test this out extensively, but I think you have identified the problem. I did not use the console menu to set auto-connect, but this appears to be the default setting for the latest updates of the console. I developed the habit of manually clicking the tab to connect JNPG to SkyTrak when I started playing PG last year, and this appears to be causing the current problems. As the console has evolved, I have not. Now that I understand the connection problems this can cause, I will simply let auto-connect do its job without me getting in the way. The game has now connected with SkyTrak 3 times in a row tonight without any further issues.

Thanks so much for taking time to reach out to help me solve my connection problems! I really appreciate this level of customer support for resolving a simple but vexing issue!!!

#9 Dacato002

Dacato002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

I am having a similar issue with the error "PGsimconnector not working" when I click to connect to the skytrak unit. I have waited to see if it would auto connect but nothing happens. Not even an attempt to connect. When I click the connect to skytrak button (single click) the error message pops up within a couple seconds without any of the typical connecting status comments showing up on the bottom of the connection screen. My skytrak readily connects with my skytrak app on the same computer, just not with PG.

#10 SDL

SDL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

When the sim connector screen starts up, and before you click on anything else, click on the Settings tab in the tool bar at the top of the screen (mine is orange in color). Set the auto-connect feature in Settings and see if the game will then connect without any attempts to connect by clicking manually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users