#1 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

https://drive.google...allOYkNrNXhXM0U

Todays final fix for the course complete course is officially complete.

Please delete previous version.

#2 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

ok guys i found an issue where the ocean which is the out of bounds area, the ball can be seen going below the ocean and hitting the ground then it says out of bounds never seen that before i havent touches any of the water settings and i know the ocean worked fine on previous courses any ideas would be great thx.

#3 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

I thoroughly enjoy your creations Stoney.  Can't wait to give this a spin.  :) 

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:39 AM

Sounds like the water physics material needs to be applied.

kmOSaL4.jpg?1

• RobC likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Sounds like the water physics material needs to be applied.

kmOSaL4.jpg?1

the Mjoceanwater doesnt have that option but the 4 tiles in it do and they all have water selected

#6 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Did your ball go straight into OB or is there, as it should, a water hazard along the shoreline to trigger a hazard drop? The way you describe it it would seem you did not place a water hazard at all. But surely you must have!

Or did you bring in the outer OB too close to the land? Ideally, even on coastal holes, it should be placed well outside to let balls land in play and let the water hazards do their jobs. 

If that is not it, please post a screen capture with the spline lines made visible - it's rather difficult to offer advice without some visual information.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#7 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Did your ball go straight into OB or is there, as it should, a water hazard along the shoreline to trigger a hazard drop? The way you describe it it would seem you did not place a water hazard at all. But surely you must have!

Or did you bring in the outer OB too close to the land? Ideally, even on coastal holes, it should be placed well outside to let balls land in play and let the water hazards do their jobs. 

If that is not it, please post a screen capture with the spline lines made visible - it's rather difficult to offer advice without some visual information.

The ball went straight into water and u see it going down to the seabed then the out of bounds message appears, yes my ob is just on the land almost touching the ocean is that the problem.

ok i seem to have fixed it by jusr

t deletiing the ocean and redoing it lol.

I did this the same way on wellsgreen and that works fine when ball hits ocean it doesnt show u the ball going down the ob message appears instead

But surely when the ball hits the ocean it shouldnt show u the ball going down to the land.

#8 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

I can't imagine the ocean plane being at fault here. More likely, something is wrong with the colliders and/or the hazards.

If you can see your ball actually moving underwater, that is just wrong - it should make a splash and the camera should stop tracking it the moment it hits the water. And that would indicate that something is wrong with the collider: Perhaps you would need a collider on the MJoceanwater object (Click add component - Collider - Mesh Collider to assigne the water physics material).

This being moot, obviously, since your issue got fixed, as you say.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#9 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:27 AM

Stoney,

I was just playing your Atlantic GC, recording a round for the database and all.  Love the layout - very challenging landing zones for the Tour Pro.  One thing to consider...the drive on #13 or #14 (over the deep chasm) can't be reached with the Caliber ball and any head wind.  I tried, and re-hit at least 5 times with no luck.  I didn't play any farther than this, but what I did play looked great!

JMK59

#10 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

ok ill look into that thx for the info.

#11 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Stoney, as always your courses are visually spectacular and a great challenge to navigate.  This is why I think your courses are the best on this site.  This newest one is no exception.  Bravo!

#12 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Stoney, as always your courses are visually spectacular and a great challenge to navigate.  This is why I think your courses are the best on this site.  This newest one is no exception.  Bravo!

Thx your too kind :) i dont even consider myself that good compared to other designers like dogs,mrose, robc and kablammo to name a few but i do try my best. :D

#13 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

Thx your too kind :) i dont even consider myself that good compared to other designers like dogs,mrose, robc and kablammo to name a few but i do try my best. :D

All you mentioned and others are indeed great designers as well.  You just happen to put everything I like in a course.  

#14 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Left feedback for you over at PGLS

Cheers Mate

#15 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

Final version is out any problems plz report back ty.

#16 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Where do you download the final at?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#17 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

Where do you download the final at?

I see it over at 'Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf - Course Depository, Other Fictional. However, it's dated June 5th so I'm not sure that it's the correct version.

Richard

Posted Image

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

http://jnpg-course-d...c-view-gc-final

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#19 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

I always update the original post with new course my bad :P

#20 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

link in first post is the final version of this course please delete old version thx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users