4 replies to this topic

#1 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

I seen this today on my Steam home page, after it was done downloading and auto-installed: 

Drive Chip and Putt Challenge

http://store.steampo...345440416942377

Doesn't make sense, as the statement release is dated May 14. But it got installed today?

Not sure what the specific course is that they talk about in that release, that was to be included for the DCP Challenge.

So in the game I found the Drive Chip and Putt Challenge on my in game menu. Not sure what the specific course is to use, so I used the Innisbrook Copperhead JNPG Course with reflective textures.

I played nothing but drives from the championship tees for the first nine holes. Got a score after those nine holes, than that was it. Game over. No chipping or putting, for nine holes, it was just 'game over'.

I noticed other things in the in game menu too, like combines and such. Couldn't understand them or what or how to play, just like the DCP challenge.

Is any of this DCP or combine stuff explained better somewhere? Doing a "Search" on this topic came up empty.

#2 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Got the same update myself this afternoon with the May 14th date and found it kind of weird.

#3 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

The DCP challenge is for a course specifically made for that mode of play.  In game, PP did a course called Drive Pitch Putt that you can use in the Carousel.  I made a version of Orchard Valley for the DCP while we were testing in beta.  It is available at:

Hope that helps :)

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#4 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Got the same update myself this afternoon with the May 14th date and found it kind of weird.

Thanks for the confirmation Mayberry (sorry gbl, that's just an obvious andy griffith reference there, nothing personal ;)  ).

I did see that the three foot gimmies are now included, and I didn't think they were present back on May 14th. Not that it matters -I use 8 foot gimmies standard for quicker play -although those days using the 8 ft. standard gimmies might be numbered now if this DCP thing I just found about sticks with me...

At least I now know that I haven't lost my mind -although some here might find that statement somewhat debatable...lol

The DCP challenge is for a course specifically made for that mode of play.  In game, PP did a course called Drive Pitch Putt that you can use in the Carousel.  I made a version of Orchard Valley for the DCP while we were testing in beta.  It is available at:

Hope that helps :)

Reading the comments in the Steam link I posted earlier this afternoon, Armand kind of mentions something about the course needed to do DCP. Then after reading what he said that this dcp might be more geared for the simulator end of JNPG, I thought that he's right, as that makes sense too.
Anyways, I had a version of this same Orchard Valley course I downloaded back in March, but it is named orchardvalley_v2_3...
I went ahead and d/l'ed the version you linked now, as it shows the "dcp" designation in the title, even though it is v1.

Thanks for the link crow. If I can stay awake, I'll take it for a spin in DCP mode this morning. If not today, then I'll try it out over the weekend.
I have five days in a row off, but the forecast seems like it's gonna be a wet long weekend, starting this Thursday afternoon. So I hopefully can reply here later by using this course and give my opinion of what I think of the DCP format, as maybe others here could benefit...

Back to the precip:
Nice...lol, as I have foot long weeds in the garden that need pulled, and I wanted to finally do something I always wanted to do in my garden for the past 20 yrs, while I had dedicated time to do so, as long as I've been living here: make my hillside garden tiered, asian-style, and put in the tomatoes, onions, chives, and sweet peppers on the top tier, and my asparagus bed I've been envisioning for the past said-twenty years in the whole lower bed. Now I will have a pile of new railroad ties that will probably turn out to be a new home for the rabbits and the groundhogs...if I ever get the asp-bed installed, in about 5 yrs. that asparagus should be somewhat ready for human consumption.

Funny how Ma Nature always finds a way of killing off any project I ever plan out and try to do with five days off...lol  

• Greensboronclion likes this

#5 Flyon

Flyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:33 AM

Your course here worked as advertised crow, thanks.

Now all we need are some numbers from others that I can compare my numbers to too, or a performance-type scale that I can compare to.

I have no idea what my 64,4,3 or whatever numbers that were there after the round meant. Was I good or not so good? Just a thought....

Nonetheless, I liked the format. I would have no problem playing more courses using this kind of scoring system.

It would kind of give you a somewhat idea on what you as a golfer here need to improve on, if you could compare your numbers with others here...just a thought x 2... lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users