#1 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

I am assuming, from watching the first tutorial video, that all the footage released so far has been created with the pro version of the water package in unity, that Mike Jones has. Free users will obviously be limited to the basic water package, so how basic is basic? :mellow:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#2 Chris Perry

Chris Perry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Check out the Unity license comparisons for full details.

My assumptions are, the ones we will be most concerned with in this game engine would be texture effects (water shaders), LOD support (mip-maps), and real time shadows.

From what I can tell, water shading IS possible in Unity Indie, you just have to get the assets from the store for anywhere from free to $65, or author one yourself if you are so inclined.

As for the LOD and real time shadows, not sure if the same applies or if they are not supported at all in Indie. The devs here would have to elaborate on this.

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

One of the things we have discussed internally is where we separate Course Forge from the game engine. It's possible that we can have all the water display as the 'super duper' real time reflective water in the game even though the course was made using a free version of the editor. It all depends on licensing and what we can do programmatically. We're looking into it for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users