#1 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

OK, messed around with layers library today trying to increase the dip lip of my bunkers.  Could never get things to suit myself, so I changed everything back to the previous settings.  Now my bunkers will not show up.  Have tried everything I know.  Refreshed splines at least 10 times and still no go.  Here is a picture.  Hope someone can help.  It is driving me batty.

umX7Wvm.jpg

Also, I have discovered those bunkers on this particular course are supposed to be pot bunkers.  Wanted to try and dive into that, however when i try to load the layer all I have in my PP library is a default folder.  No pot bunker utility as in Mike's tutorial.  Anyone have an idea there?

Lastly, a general bunker question.  It is my understanding that bunkers have to be enclosed within a rough spline to show up correctly.  Is that correct or am I mistaken? 

• DPRoberts likes this

#2 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

Have you tried this ?:

try and press this button ..... wait a little less than 1 minute until the icon turns red .... then look at your bunkers ...

http://www.perfectpa...utton/?hl=lover

lower.jpg

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

For now let's refer to this thread posted just yesterday...

http://www.perfectpa...uption-in-os-x/

You'll need to load the Pot bunker Library that comes with CF for Pot Bunkers.

And Yes, bunkers all other meshes need to be surrounded by rough, either

individually or all.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

The button Ola mentions is only for viewing what bunkers look like in game

and should never be left on for working on or building the course.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

The button Ola mentions is only for viewing what bunkers look like in game

and should never be left on for working on or building the course.

From my knowledge it switches off automatically when work proceeds ..

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

My bad Ola, haven't used the button since early CF beta, hopefully

it auto shuts down before building also. But I believe the OP

is experiencing the Library bug mentioned in the link provided,

or has saved a wrong texture before recalculating. All will work

out in the end I'm sure.

#7 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

If you want the pot bunker library, you need to download it. Go to Mike's tutorials I believe it's the very last video. There is a link there to download the library.  Then you have to add it to the library folder.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#8 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Thanks Justin.  Completely overlooked that.  Was thinking it was pre installed with course forge.  Tried your fix to my problem.  I only have 2 folders in my PP libraries.  Custom and Default.  I noticed in 1 the normals were switched to Advanced.  Set them back to normal and my issue is still there. 

op3W5H4.jpg

Iwvz04k.jpg

I have all normals set to normal now, but my bunkers are still showing the underlying texture instead of the sand itself.  Strange.  Will NOT be entering the layers library again if I ever get this fixed.  Wondering if I delete these and replace with pots if all may be well.

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

I'm just a rookie but per Justins instructions you also need to change that weird looking texture called " BunkerSandoverhead2" to a "normal map".

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#10 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

I'm just a rookie but per Justins instructions you also need to change that weird looking texture called " BunkerSandoverhead2" to a "normal map".

Larry, BunkerSandoverhead2 should be a texture.

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#11 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

Keith, If you download the pot bunker file and  place it in your CF library you can then load that. Then just refresh all your splines and you should be good to go. Only thing is, if you changed any of the colors of the textures, you'll have to  redo that.

As for the problem you're having now did you buy any chance change anything in the dirt lip library? Maybe post a screenshot of the dirt lip  settings. May be something in there is causing the problem if you didn't put the settings back right?

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#12 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Justin..I was trying to increase the size of my dirt lips.  That is what brought all these problems about.  Here are my current settings...

kEpTQc0.jpg

Also, in my project libraries bunkerrake2048_n and Grass_Normal 1 are the only 2 I currently have set as Normals.  Is this the correct setting?

Really think my problems are with the dirt lips.  It looks like the bunker spline is generating the dirt lip but nothing else.  The white in this picture is the course overlay.  And like I mentioned, all of this started when I went into Advanced mode and tried to increase dirt lip size.

#13 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

I think I found your problem.  From the looks of your picture the icon  underneath the layers library  needs to be unchecked. Right now it's probably hiding that mesh

9UmAvbK.jpg

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#14 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

Click on your most outer spline (your rough) and recalculate the splines.

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#15 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that is still not getting it done.  Don't understand how my bunkers have a dirt lip but no fill.  If I ever get this fixed I am never entering the layers library again.  Thinking of just deleting the bunkers and redrawing and seeing if that helps. 

#16 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Take a snapshot of your full screen and post

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#17 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Your blend for your bunker fringe may be too deep? Try -0.02 for the depth of the blend and recalculate the spline.

#18 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

Here's the settings for the default Dirt lip

r1QPT9Z.jpg

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#19 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Could be wrong but here's how I think about it. Your splines start at 0.15 above terrain. If your minuses for depth add up to more than 0.15, your bunker goes below the terrain.

That may not be an issue though because the game build procedurally lowers the terrain around the bunker. This effect can be viewed in the Editor by turning off the terrain renderer. (Untick check box next to the word Terrain in the Inspector panel for your Terrain).

That allows you to see what will happen in game without having to build the course.

#20 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

Is this the only hole your having problems with? I would just delete those and redraw them see what happens.

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users