36 replies to this topic

#1 VegasGambler

VegasGambler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas Nevada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

Junk! They game itself looks good and all but the game play experience was terrible. I guess Ive wasted $20 on worse things in my life but this game ranks up there! Far from "Perfect" in my opinion.

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

We would appreciate more information regarding the problems you found. As you stated, Early Access can have different effects and results for everyone. In order to improve things, more feedback is benefical to both yourself and the game.

#3 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

Junk! They game itself looks good and all but the game play experience was terrible. I guess Ive wasted $20 on worse things in my life but this game ranks up there! Far from "Perfect" in my opinion.

I hope you remember that this game is in Early Access which meens the game isn't really ready yet? I'm pretty sure in a little time, most of the things which need to be fixed will be done and the cosmetic stuff will be done a bit later as far as they are not really important at this stage.

Who cares...

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

The large majority of people who have purchased the early access version seem to disagree with you. :) 

However your opinion is as valid a anyone's but you might be better served by using less emotive words like 'junk' and actually coming up with reasons why you don't like it.

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

What a ridiculous post. How can you possibly come to the conclusion that the game is junk without at least a few days of play?
What the devs need is constructive criticism to help them improve the game over time, not a mindless rant.
  • Richard likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

Sometimes you learn a lot more from the critical ones than you do from the rest. The OP could probably tell very succinctly what is wrong with the game but why would he bother if people come on like the last post.

Knighters - there are a lot of gamers out there who have had decades of experience and more than likely have been burned once or twice before. Unfortunately for many developers they can live or die on the very first impressions. It's a tough world.

#7 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

Sometimes you learn a lot more from the critical ones than you do from the rest. The OP could probably tell very succinctly what is wrong with the game but why would he bother if people come on like the last post.

Knighters - there are a lot of gamers out there who have had decades of experience and more than likely have been burned once or twice before. Unfortunately for many developers they can live or die on the very first impressions. It's a tough world.

Call me old fashioned but there is a way to say that you don't like a game without calling it junk. That is not helping anyone in my opinion. The reason that PG is early access is to gauge what people like or don't like about a game so they can improve it. How is the OP helping in that regard?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#8 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Yeah but there was nothing to learn from his post - he just said 'the game play experience' and mouthed off a bit.

You might be right that u learn more from critical players who are aware of what the game is actually employing and state their case clearly and objectively - but i've got my dollar down this guys a clown!!!

It's important to be able to distinguish between the two, too.

#9 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

I too find the gameplay very unsatisfiying. For somethng that has been in development for 2 years, the whole interface seems kludgy. Why for example do I have to end the round every time I need to change something?  Why do I have to go through so many steps every time I want to play a round? It should be saving all the default golfer info so I can just click a couple times and be in a round.

The motion swing isn't what I expected it to be. Tried 2 different mice, played with both the mouse settings and in game settings and gave up after never coming close to any kind of smooth swing.

I know there are legions of Links players who love the swing meter play model. I find in 2015 this to be an old and to me, rather boring way to play. I ended up playing some with it just to see more of the course.

The graphics while OK, seem dull and flat.

If what the developers wanted was a newer version of Links 2003 then they have succeded.

Sam

ASRock Z77-Pro 4/i7-3770k/16Gb ram/Zotac GTX980 Amp! 4Gb/Samsung 840 500Gb SSD boot drive

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#10 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

The OP said the gameplay experience was terrible. I'm not really sure he has to say any more than that.

What I am seeing is a lot of defensive attitudes from many, many people whose opinions are - if you think about it - as valuable and as insightful as the OP. I am reminded of the forum over at TGC when it came out. The arguments are the same. Enjoy the game you like I suppose and respect the rest.

For what it's worth, I don't think golf gaming has progressed much (if at all) in over a decade. It pains me to say that. 

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

The OP said the gameplay experience was terrible. I'm not really sure he has to say any more than that.

Maybe he could expand on why it was terrible, to give the Devs some idea what areas of the game to look at.

I've seen people saying the game was too hard and they couldn't hit the ball straight, not realising they could vary the assists for the swing. Once they changed them to find a setting that suited them, they're opinion changed.

Just to come on a forum and say it is terrible and leave it at that, is more rant than constructive criticism IMO.
  • axe360 and Richard like this

#12 JOHNDALY91

JOHNDALY91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

I'm not going to waste time offering obvious suggestions like many of us did for TWO. The development team is experienced enough to know what the priorities are,however reporting obscure bugs is important. This game is currently a 3/10 with the current potential much higher..if the game is refined sensibly, remains relatively realistic, optimized for performance and naturally augmented with rich features...all should be good in a few months and hopefully great by summer and beyond.

ASUS G750jx Laptop🚩Quad i7-4700🚩16 GB🚩Nvidia GTX 770m🚩256 SSD + 1 TB HD🚩17" 1080p🚩Win 10 pro

Dell Precision T5500🚩Dual Quad XEON(2)🚩24 GB RAM 🚩GTX 660🚩240 GB SSD + 1 TB HD🚩Blu-Ray🚩Win 10 pro

MS golf (PC) - PGA Tour 3 (Sega) - Tiger 99 (PC) - Tiger 08 (PC) - Tiger W Online (PC) - Perfect Golf (PC)

JohnDalyOGT

#13 JOHNDALY91

JOHNDALY91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

Tiger woods online had the greatest potential I have seen. Unfortunately it was impacted by a perfect storm of gusty headwinds...EA sports financial issues in 2010-11, tigers personal issues, the shift to shitty mobile gaming and the resulting abandonment of development and resources that would have made TWO awesome...I'm routing for this to survive and succeed..this will require great patience, this is worthwhile if the team is committed.

ASUS G750jx Laptop🚩Quad i7-4700🚩16 GB🚩Nvidia GTX 770m🚩256 SSD + 1 TB HD🚩17" 1080p🚩Win 10 pro

Dell Precision T5500🚩Dual Quad XEON(2)🚩24 GB RAM 🚩GTX 660🚩240 GB SSD + 1 TB HD🚩Blu-Ray🚩Win 10 pro

MS golf (PC) - PGA Tour 3 (Sega) - Tiger 99 (PC) - Tiger 08 (PC) - Tiger W Online (PC) - Perfect Golf (PC)

JohnDalyOGT

#14 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

did TWO have emergent physics?

in fact can abybody tell me for sure if TGC has emergent physics??

Because if the answer to that question is no and no then BOTH ARE TRIVIAL AND INFERIOR GAMES, NEXT.........

it really is that abruptly simple guys and one u all need to get ur heads around, including teddy_ball who's pained that he isn't properly aware of emergent physics the poor man.

This game has the golfing equivalent of stealth technology and before even the first paint brush is applied (because the rest is just coloring in believe me - the genius bit has already been put in place), but before even the first lick of paint you can be 100% sure in your minds that this game is superior to every single golf game title that has ever passed through your hands.

can i be any more clear about this?

albert - anymore from you??

good!

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#15 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

Expecting too much from an early access version of the game is not very sensible IMO. These guys are not like one of those big outfits that can throw money at game development, so give them a chance to develop the gameplay. Game played OK for me, I was not expecting great scoring at the start but I am sure my scores will improve. 

• axe360 likes this

#16 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

I guess you took a gamble Vegas and lost, this sim in my book is  ongoing in its development that may never end, simply because its evolving all the time, to call it a waste of money when it is put out to the community to expand that development through a large group of voices with differing idea's on how to make it better while it is clearly still in Beta format and available at a bargain basement price is astonashing to say the least, even when its released as a full version at a slightly higher price, it will still no doubt require tweaking with minor updates from time to time.

you may find dissapointment or frustration as it clearly is not what you expected, but this wil be the 1st serious golf sim with an outstanding team and community behind it that I have seen since TW08.

What EA did was a money grab in a futile game that was nothing but a poor arcade version of a golf game, simply because they decided to do it their way and ignored the advice of those that gave months of their time in a futile exercise hoping for a genuine golf sim, In the end the whole thing fell flat because even those chosen by EA to be part of their team became dissulutioned.

CGX Bruce R

#17 EJ50

EJ50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

I'm excited where Andrew, Mike and crew are taking us.  The ball physics (which is the foundation of any good golf game) are off the charts good IMO.  Because of my physical limitations I depend on programs such as these to fill the void of walking the course and playing.  

The crew informed all who would listen this is a pre release and they'd like our opinions to assist in shaping this game. All they ask is help from the community.  Bashing it or comparing it to other finished games serves no constructive purposes. I have some thoughts on the game but will need some time to make sure all are legit through more time with game play. 

Thanks Andrew, Mike and staff!

#18 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'm sorry but I guess I'm not quite as forgiving as some. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion be it postive or negative, but there are ways to voice your displeasure more appropriately than saying nothing more than something is junk. I was online at the time this individual was ranting and I was doing my best to be helpful. I asked him numerous times to be more specific so possibly I could help. But all I got was junk this and junk that but nothing with and substance whatsoever. If your not satisfied fine, voice your opinion on how it could be improved and be a part of correcting it's flaws. Sorry, but when your second post says nothing more than this one did I suspect a troll with an axe to grind. Apoligize if I'm not being more politically correct. :angry:

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#19 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

I love it when the trolls come to town. I'm sorry, but if this was a legit player who was here to participate in the EA evaluation and feedback scenario they wouldn't be posting like that. 

It's been my experience, having been a hardcore gamer since Doom days... I've found that 99% of the time people who jump into a new video game and have a bad time either didn't read the FAQ and requirements and/or they have no clue as to how to setup the game settings and in most cases are just too lazy. 

I can tell you at the moment, I'm playing this game on a computer that is below the  minimum  requirements. I'm playing at 1280x800 windowed mode, low settings with AA and Bloom on, weather, and I'm running about about 27 fps average. The game is very playable, swing meter is fine and visually it's not that bad. 

Sounds harsh, but... Learn how to use your gear !  I'll try and help anyone with getting the game running decently if possible but not people like the OP. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#20 Leroy4423

Leroy4423

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

I simply love this game. I purchased TGC and it was ok after several patches, but this game far exceeded what I was expecting in its beta stages. I would have paid $9.00 just for the driving range.

Asus ROG Strix X670E  Ryzen 7 7800X3D DDR5 3600 MHz G.SKILL Trident Z RGB- 64GB M.2 Solid State 1TB NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6 1300W Sea sonic Platinum Power Supply Western Digital Black 1TB MPG Core Liquid K360 cooler 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users