#21 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

I've already posted in this thread but will add a bit more.

This game is.............. still being developed.

I mentioned this in the past and I think some folks have bought PG at the low price, tried it, seen it is nowhere near a finished article and then decided to bad mouth it, knowing they now have the game and can keep coming back every few months, try it again, see what has changed, continue to play or delete and then wash, rinse, repeat.

If it takes another 12 months to arrive at something we can all consider a worthy version for full release, then so be it. I'm here to join the ride and watch and help the game develop.

TGC has been 'released' since August last year, yet the developers (HBS) continue to support the game across 3 platforms and push out updates as they go, and not just small patches but full blown updates. They started on Steam in Feb 2014 and released the game in August 2014 (I think they did this so they could include the consoles, as if the game was still classed as Early Access it wouldn't have got on console). TGC will continue to evolve, so it is like it is a never ending BETA. Even now almost 5 months after release (and nearly 12 months after EA started), they are still working on getting Out of Bounds in to the game.

I think PG will be the same. One day it will hopefully see a full release, but I expect even then, the game would continue to be supported and updated as we go and continuing to evolve.

If you're going to criticize a game, at least have the decency to be more detailed/specific in your post, otherwise your post will be seen for what it is - trolling.

;)

• axe360, Richard, Maineah and 2 others like this

#22 wiley17402 or coinbags85

wiley17402 or coinbags85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

as an early access i find this experience great ...... but on the other side i know a good game .. w/e experience/ early access is a grand opportunity ....perfect golf is far from junk i say it is in the middle of a unpolished gem and a polished diamond :)

betas will have issues .... deal with wait a month come back we all set hopes all in betas that the game we are looking for is grand no error this beta could have been worse a lot is good......... with it not junk

• Richard likes this

Dan "ASPYRE FOR THE WIN" Sipe

call me Dan

or wiley or wiley17402 or coinbags85 in perfect golf

#23 Modman1

Modman1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMeridian, Idaho

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

I have played three rounds using moderate settings.  Overall, extremely happy but as everyone knows the game is far from complete.  I find the ball physics a little strange, especially around the green.  The roll and bounce sometimes seem unrealistic.  Be nice to see where your ball is actually going instead of just seeing it land.  Chat box, like links, would be great.  Hard to know if someone responded or commented unless you hit the enter button.  The rolling slope indicator on the greens are just ok.  Maybe for the most difficult setting it could just have some kind of line indicator or even better multiple views of your lie so you can go around like the pros do. 

Really appreciate everyones hard work to get this game out.  Thanks!!!

#24 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

I think the game is great for this early stage. Just played a round on Crystal Pines and not only loved the graphics, but also getting a better feeling for the game play after each round. I like the textures so much more than in the other golf game, everything looks more realistic.

What I would like to see in the graphics are less blocky shadows, most of all when they are near the player (I have all settings to max). Also I think, the landing camera is zooming very near to the ball. More distance maybe would show a better scenery.

All in all a brillant start for PG and I am very excited what will come in the future.

• Richard likes this

#25 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Junk! They game itself looks good and all but the game play experience was terrible. I guess Ive wasted $20 on worse things in my life but this game ranks up there! Far from "Perfect" in my opinion.

You know this is early access right? That's why it only cost $19.99. Please give the game a chance before you post an opinion like this. Your lucky to get in at that price! IMO it's by far the best golf out there to date.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#26 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Junk is an item or items that have been discarded when you have no further use for them. That pretty well sums it up for me.

Did someone say it was a bargain at $20? At least TWO was Free2Play. Anyone who bought the game has every right to voice their opinion.

I find it amusing that a company can release a game and charge for it while admitting that it is still in development and then get upset and defensive when people give their opinion - no matter what form that opinion takes. Did you really think there wouldn't be people saying things like the OP? 

You know, I wasn't going to say anything but I'll give you extensive, long and detailed reasons why I find this perhaps one of the most disappointing times in my gaming experience if that's what you really want but I'm not sure I could be bothered either.  For one thing, the amount of constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement are so numerous that I predict it will be another two years before a truly finished and worthwhile game is ready for release.

Good luck to you all. The guys who love this game will hopefully continue loving it and that's all that should matter to you. 

#27 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

I simply love this game. I purchased TGC and it was ok after several patches, but this game far exceeded what I was expecting in its beta stages. I would have paid $9.00 just for the driving range.

What you didn't read the fine print? The bills in the mail.

Richard

Posted Image

#28 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

I find it amusing that a company can release a game and charge for it while admitting that it is still in development and then get upset and defensive when people give their opinion - no matter what form that opinion takes. Did you really think there wouldn't be people saying things like the OP? 

Why is that amusing?  Take a look around on Steam and you will see that "Early Access" has been going on for quite some time now, for many, many games.   Many, if not all indie companies cannot afford a staff of testers, developers, etc, this is nothing new, so the community does it for them... which many are more than happy and willing to do.   

Where do you see the "company" getting upset over the junk comments?   I didn't read anything like that.  

• broomer likes this

#29 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

If one's budget is tight and $20.00 is seriously hamstringing them then I would think that waiting for a week and reading the reviews before purchasing might be a viable option. No, that probably makes entirely too much sense. ;) It's sooo much more fun to post in forums and wail over the injustice of blowing $20.00.

• broomer likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#30 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

But there are some great posts which offer constructive advice - i wouldn't say criticism - see the mcthommo post  in 'first impressions' its excellent - these guys all sound very bright and are usually the ones who have light years of experience testing games too, that's reassuring, even moreso that I tend to agree with everything they are saying.

Then u got the positive positive ones like me - I see and recognise the fact that this game is employing far more superior modelling technology than anything else out there, and that alone before any of the gaming aspects makes it superior.

Am I defensive of the game - yes I am, am I biased? yes I am biased - because I am smart enough to know how bloody brilliant it is already!!

take a honeymoon with this game in its early stages of development - honeymoons are happy and make you smile  :D

Thanks.

• axe360 and broomer like this

#31 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

Every regime needing to convince people need their attack dogs

#32 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

How do you think I feel? I paid my 20 bucks and I can't even play the game at all. I should be the angriest person in the world.

I'm not though, because it's partly my own fault.... I don't have a video card that can display the game properly, so I'm a bit short of luck. But I guess I needed an upgrade anyway since I've got an old box with a video card that was of minimal function already when it was brand new.

As long as the game is around, I'll have access to it, so when my specs catch up I look forward to giving it a test, for real. I still see the potential in the game.... it is going to be better than it is now, and that's what I think without having struck a single shot. Everyone wants to make it better. If you go in with the expectations that the game is a beta, then you should treat it as such. That's the point.

I'm happy that these developers respect their customer base enough to allow this kind of feedback and input. Electronic Arts would just brush all this stuff off and release what they wanted.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#33 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

I too find the gameplay very unsatisfiying. For somethng that has been in development for 2 years, the whole interface seems kludgy. Why for example do I have to end the round every time I need to change something?  Why do I have to go through so many steps every time I want to play a round? It should be saving all the default golfer info so I can just click a couple times and be in a round.

The motion swing isn't what I expected it to be. Tried 2 different mice, played with both the mouse settings and in game settings and gave up after never coming close to any kind of smooth swing.

I know there are legions of Links players who love the swing meter play model. I find in 2015 this to be an old and to me, rather boring way to play. I ended up playing some with it just to see more of the course.

The graphics while OK, seem dull and flat.

If what the developers wanted was a newer version of Links 2003 then they have succeded.

Sam

ASRock Z77-Pro 4/i7-3770k/16Gb ram/Zotac GTX980 Amp! 4Gb/Samsung 840 500Gb SSD boot drive

Reading your post I can only come to one conclusion. You obviously didn't read the game manuals because half of what you posted is not true. I suggest you read the manuals then come back and give a more informed opinion. People read this stuff and it could turn them away from the game. That isn't fair to the people that worked very long and hard to get this awesome game to where it is right now. 

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#34 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

I would not put much stock in what someone who can't even read a simple FAQ or manual for requirements. I mean they pretty well are broadcasting that they're not to swift to begin with, so anything they have to bitch about really holds no weight. 

Anyone who plays and or played on WGT knows the absolute  dictatorial  manner in which they've been administrating the game and forum there. I mean you're not even allowed to mention this game. They will and do delete in private blog posts and in the forums. There is also a core group of fanatical cheerleaders who you know are here, in some form or other. They won't be using their name from there here, no chance of that. What I find amusing is, as this game fleshes out and more of the interface and MP features come into it, if they're playing and even remotely giving PG a fair go - they'll see just how nice it is. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#35 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:09 AM

I don't get what people don't understand that it's early access. People the game has flaws because it's not ready yet. I had all kind of problems playing it due to not having enough firepower to play it right so today I went out and bought a new tower that far exceeds what is recommended to play the game as I think this game will be fantastic when finished due to the people that are developing it. Give it time and it will be what all want. Bad news is I won't get this new tower home till tomorrow night to try out but man I can't wait.

#36 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

I don't get what people don't understand that it's early access. People the game has flaws because it's not ready yet. I had all kind of problems playing it due to not having enough firepower to play it right so today I went out and bought a new tower that far exceeds what is recommended to play the game as I think this game will be fantastic when finished due to the people that are developing it. Give it time and it will be what all want. Bad news is I won't get this new tower home till tomorrow night to try out but man I can't wait.

I did the same during testing. I realized my system, which was good for 99.9% of what I do was OK, but as I told the test group, I was trying to overhaul the engine of a Lamborghini with a 'screw driver and pliers'. I went and got myself a pretty high end desktop and went WOW!! I hope you have the same experience.

Richard

Posted Image

#37 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

This is the most hilarious thread I have ever seen the guy says the game is junk says nothing more and there all these other posts in here - In my opinion he expected arcade golf - easy to hit under par golf etc. how many more times do the devs have to remind us in how many different posts what there goal is AND they accomplished it overwhelmingly and that was to give us a more truer golf experience with this game - they accomplished that - Thank you so much. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users