• PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

i can't remember the name of it. is anyone going to do this one

would be a classic to have.

here it is. really think it should be named Bushwood for the game though.lol

http://www.grandeoaks.com/ 

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

hey that might be one PP might want to do and sell and would not even need a license. i would buy it

would be cool if who ever does could get some items to put around the course

that went along with the stuff you seen in the movie pretty much theme it after the movie.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

It was called Rolling Hills at the time it was filmed, which was in late 1979. I flirted with doing this for an older golf game a few years ago but I never got around to it, plus I had also read that the golf course has been redesigned a couple of times and doesn't really resemble the same course very much...  one of the documentaries also mentions that the swimming pool is gone and paved over as well. I'm curious if anyone who has played it recently can recognize it.

They originally intended to film in the midwest, but it was too late in the year to do so, so they went to Florida. And they got hit by a hurricane at one point! I believe that course was chosen because it was hilly and didn't have palm trees so it could actually pass for being midwestern. Another interesting bit of trivia is that the golf course shown during the opening credits is Riviera (you can make out the 10th hole during one of the sprinkler scenes).

I have about 150 sounds from the movie (it was my Links soundscript for years and years) but I'm not sure kind of props... maybe you could put Carl in as an easter egg.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 Duval59

Duval59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationForest, VA

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

That would be great. Looking forward to someone doing this. Ironically, I grew up playing Rolling Hills of Jenison, MI. Now though, it is all condominiums.

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

you could use the layout as is now call it a themed fantasy course

with the current layout then add the stuff that may put one in the mind of the movie.

put a pool in it put it on a lake on one side with boats in it maybe have 1 boat run into another

of course you would need an ol style caddyshack like in the movie close to the first tee. on one side have some condos being built and use the Cervic sign on the upcoming buildings like they did in the movie. you could also throw a Cervic gizmo bag sitting around somewhere. have groundhog holes and bouroughs running through the fairways and stuff like that. maybe have a few groundhog holes with sticks of dynamite sticking out of theme. lots of stuff you can do to get it themed but then again it is easy for me to think of this and putting it on paper. being able to do something like this may be another story.

just an idea to kick around.

oh yea forgot to say a themed course done right could get a 10 spot out of my pocket PP

make me laugh while im playing and it is worth so much more.lol

Klipsch Sound System

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:59 AM

there are tons of themes that can be worked into fantasy courses

those who played 08 remember the Egyptian Pyramids it was a cool course to play just to be golfing in the sites.

we have a bunch of cool sites that could be built around, take Neil's cool ass Dry Gulch course looks like the sites and puts me in the mind of being in Utah. and all those little buildings lining the fairways reminds me of Wall Drug for some reason.

take the show Gilligan's Island hell Aroha already is the island, all you need is another island course and

stuff you seen in the shows. lots of TV shows,and movies can be built around .

• erwildcat likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#7 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

I have about 150 sounds from the movie (it was my Links soundscript for years and years) but I'm not sure kind of props... maybe you could put Carl in as an easter egg.

Hi there Matt, would you be willing to share that soundscript?   If so, that would be great!   I have a bunch of funny .ssfs for Links and this would be fun to add to the collection.  thanks!

#8 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

when I was in florida for 2 years 1992-1994, i used to p[lay that course alot.
fun public course

rob

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

i sure hope one of you fine designers take this course on or even a fantasy course named

Bushwood would be great, fit right in with the theme of a social group im working on putting together

and hell everyone needs a home course.

TIA

Klipsch Sound System

#10 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

A couple of thoughts/notes on this:

Remember that gambling is illegal at Bushwood.

How much are the glass-bottle cokes now?

Remember that there is No Fighting and No Bare Feet.

Would there be a caddy tournament?

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users