#1 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Considering how long we have been waiting, I am hugely disappointed.

Motion swing is unplayable and I loathe the swing meter option (never did like 3C). I hate that everything has to be done using the mouse. Please give us keyboard control for stuff like club up/down, zoom in/out, flyby, birds-eye view etc......

Why do we have to answer a question before we play our next shot ? Why do we only have one alternate shot type, that being the chip ? And that chip being the same distance as a full strike with the club being used ? Chips do not go 200yds !! Why does the ball bounce in bunkers ?

This list could go on a bit but I have neglected to write stuff down but needless to say, gameplay, imo, is not at all  good or enjoyable. Many years ago, I was an aspiring squash player and turned up for a match and having lost miserably, the guy looked at me and said that I should spend more money on the racquet and not the clothes. That is what seems to be the case here. Too much on cosmetics and not enough on what really counts, gameplay. Don't get me wrong, there are many good things but for me, the important stuff is lacking.

I have no doubt I'll appear from time to time but I am essentially out until motion play is in full working order at the very least.

Sorry.........

P.S.    We should have been better informed of the state of this game before Early Access release. I would rather have waited another 6 months than feel as disappointed as I do right now !!

#2 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Motion swing is unplayable and I loathe the swing meter option (never did like 3C). I hate that everything has to be done using the mouse. Please give us keyboard control for stuff like club up/down, zoom in/out, flyby, birds-eye view etc......

Why do we have to answer a question before we play our next shot ? Why do we only have one alternate shot type, that being the chip ? And that chip being the same distance as a full strike with the club being used ? Chips do not go 200yds !! Why does the ball bounce in bunkers ?

This list could go on a bit but I have neglected to write stuff down but needless to say, gameplay, imo, is not at all  good or enjoyable. Many years ago, I was an aspiring squash player and turned up for a match and having lost miserably, the guy looked at me and said that I should spend more money on the racquet and not the clothes. That is what seems to be the case here. Too much on cosmetics and not enough on what really counts, gameplay. Don't get me wrong, there are many good things but for me, the important stuff is lacking.

I have no doubt I'll appear from time to time but I am essentially out until motion play is in full working order at the very least.

Sorry.........

P.S.    We should have been better informed of the state of this game before Early Access release. I would rather have waited another 6 months than feel as disappointed as I do right now !!

My feelings exactly Noel......I bought it like you, but I'm going to go back to WGT...at least it's a playable game. This is probably going to someday be a great golf game, but it has a long long ways to go. But for now, I'm just going to chalk it up as $20 donated and check back again maybe midsummer and see how things have progressed. Yeah, disappointed to say the least!!!

#3 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

noelw1969 and Griz891,

While do not agree with your overall sentiments, I do agree that the 'motion swing' is not ready for Primetime, by a long shot. The developers also recognize that and I'm positive that it's very high on the 'To Do List'.

As far a considering the EA cost of $20.00 a donation, I strongly disagree. You now have 'free access' to all updates and enhancements and the 'full released version' down the road. I invite you to continue following the game and try it as updates become available. Over time, I'm sure that many of your concerns will be addressed.

I do thank you for posting your observations.

• Kablammo11 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#4 VIXEN_VIKKI

VIXEN_VIKKI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

noelw1969 and Griz891,

While do not agree with your overall sentiments, I do agree that the 'motion swing' is not ready for Primetime, by a long shot. The developers also recognize that and I'm positive that it's very high on the 'To Do List'.

As far a considering the EA cost of $20.00 a donation, I strongly disagree. You now have 'free access' to all updates and enhancements and the 'full released version' down the road. I invite you to continue following the game and try it as updates become available. Over time, I'm sure that many of your concerns will be addressed.

I do thank you for posting your observations.

Like Noel my preference is Motion swing, i pursevered for over an hour last night on the range, having read that 

your follow through must be exactly 4 times faster than your backswing, but i just could not get it.. tryed everything

i then went to 3 click but since my reflexes are not good i just cannot hit the snap so it looks like i must wait a little longer in hope that further improvements are made... i will continue to read the forums/comments in case i am missing something..

forever in hope... Vikki x 

#5 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

Did you go to the golfer settings and activated the aids under difficulty? I think it is just simple: Don't start a new game with the hardest settings! That doesn't make any sense because you might loose interest just because you want to play the hardcore. Take it easy in the beginning, once you feel ready turn down the difficulty level and proceed. I play this game since about 4 months and still play medium difficulty as I still keep missing the snap by a hair. Once I feel I'm ready for minimum, I just go for it until I play without any aids.

I don't think you guys go the right way, sorry ;)

Who cares...

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Like Noel my preference is Motion swing, i pursevered for over an hour last night on the range, having read that 

your follow through must be exactly 4 times faster than your backswing, but i just could not get it.. tryed everything

i then went to 3 click but since my reflexes are not good i just cannot hit the snap so it looks like i must wait a little longer in hope that further improvements are made... i will continue to read the forums/comments in case i am missing something..

I can almost guarantee that your are swinging the mouse forward too fast, everyone I have seen try the motion swing hit it left to start with which is a surefire sign.

• Charles likes this

#7 JOHNDALY91

JOHNDALY91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

This isn't TWO NOELW...better get use to miss hits and you may not shoot -15 every round 😁
  • Tigers Agent likes this

ASUS G750jx Laptop🚩Quad i7-4700🚩16 GB🚩Nvidia GTX 770m🚩256 SSD + 1 TB HD🚩17" 1080p🚩Win 10 pro

Dell Precision T5500🚩Dual Quad XEON(2)🚩24 GB RAM 🚩GTX 660🚩240 GB SSD + 1 TB HD🚩Blu-Ray🚩Win 10 pro

MS golf (PC) - PGA Tour 3 (Sega) - Tiger 99 (PC) - Tiger 08 (PC) - Tiger W Online (PC) - Perfect Golf (PC)

JohnDalyOGT

#8 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

You say you have been following for years, but by participating in the forums, I had a pretty good idea on what I was going to get prior to release of PG(EA).   For me, although some things need to be worked out, the game play was pretty decent!   

• ✠ davef ✠ and Ricky Proffer like this

#9 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

I am not disappointed, I am happy with the game. We all know it is early access and we wanted to start playing. I have no doubt this will be my golf game for many many years. Everything looks and plays very promising. Thanks to the dev team!!!

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Please give us keyboard control for stuff like club up/down, zoom in/out, flyby, birds-eye view etc......

i hope this never happens myself.due to the fact when the gamepads come on line it will do nothing but create another way to cheat by using other programs to set the left and right axis off to let people always hit straight shots like it was on TWO tons of people there where doing it and a lot of them where good at bragging about it

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#11 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

I'm going to go back to WGT...at least it's a playable game

lols go back to a game with no justification as to where the ball ends up, are u crazy?

more the fool on you - go buy those nike spinners (actually more expensive than REAL golf ball equivalents!!!) and let VEM throw them in a lake for u - money much better spent.

gotta love these tools.

#12 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Don't start a new game with the hardest settings! ...Take it easy in the beginning, once you feel ready turn down the difficulty level and proceed. I play this game since about 4 months and still play medium difficulty as I still keep missing the snap by a hair. 

Actually, for 3-Clickers only, I suggest you try to start practicing at hard settings when you are on the range. That will allow you to find your groove much quicker. A few minutes trying to hit that narrowest of slivers at the bottom really helps - I thought it was possible, but after a while, low and behold, it became quite possible more often than I thought. 

After all, that's the idea: Not just hitting the tiniest of marks occasionally, but regularly.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#13 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

While I can understand some disappointment that things are not quite how people want them as an early release it also shouldn't come as a shock, thus the low price of 20 beans. I look at this as an opportunity to check the game out and find what I like and don't like and to post my opinions in hopes that it helps the devs to improve the game and hopefully it will become the game that we all want. 

There was lots of people including myself wanting to have a look at the game. Well now here it is so take advantage of the low price and keep  playing or as I like to think of it as testing and commenting to help make things better.

Just my thoughts on the subject

#14 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

having read that your follow through must be exactly 4 times faster than your backswing

When I play it feels like my follow through is slower than the back swing.... At first I was moving it forward at speed, but as Mike said everything ended up in a different zip-code, so I tried slowing down and now I can hit it fairly straight. Occassionally I go too slow though which results in a worm burner typ shot going 20 yards...   :lol:

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#15 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

For those playing motion swing, yes we all want the swing tied into the ani's movement.  But until that is implemented you need only follow the marker on the swing meter to enjoy the game.  With this swing tempo is king and you are not going to groove your swing in a short period of time any more than you can step onto the driving range at your local muni for the first time and expect to hit straight shots 250+ yards.  It will take days of practice to find the tempo and the mouse sensitivity setting that works for you.  And then you'll lose it and have to find it again.  No pain, no gain. 

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#16 alanti

alanti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

Sorry.........

Summed up perfectly. I had a feeling this would not be a viable alternative to WGT - based on my first impressions Chad and co wll be laughing their asses off at this.

The two shot options (and I agree, wtf chips 200 yards) the 3C meter and general view are not user friendly. Then add in cartoon graphics, this game is way off being of release quality. 

So much hope, so little has been delivered so far.

#17 AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

I think it's 0.24 slower.  Go to practice, where you'll get a readout of your swing.  According to the docs and what I've seen, having the follow-through 0.24 percentage of your backswing will give you a pretty straight shot. 

So you start the mouse up and then go down (backswing) and then from down to up (follow-through), this follow-through being 0.24 of the speed of the up/down (backswing).

It takes some time to get used to, but if you're only willing to spend an hour on it then you're not going to get anywhere.  I've spent about six hours so far and am only now starting to get used to it.

I think the motion-swing is pretty decent.  It's this comparison in speed between the backswing and the follow-through that determines the direction the ball will go.  If you're too fast on the follow-through (compared to the speed of backswing) then the ball goes right.  If you're too slow, the ball goes left.  Anything under the 0.24 goes right; anything over the ball goes left.

What I'd really like to know is how the swing plane (in/out; out/in; or level) affects this backswing-fowardswing paradigm.

I'd suggest practice a lot more and then see how you like the motion-swing.

Alan

#18 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

I think it's 0.24 slower.  Go to practice, where you'll get a readout of your swing.  According to the docs and what I've seen, having the follow-through 0.24 percentage of your backswing will give you a pretty straight shot. 

So you start the mouse up and then go down (backswing) and then from down to up (follow-through), this follow-through being 0.24 of the speed of the up/down (backswing).

It takes some time to get used to, but if you're only willing to spend an hour on it then you're not going to get anywhere.  I've spent about six hours so far and am only now starting to get used to it.

I think the motion-swing is pretty decent.  It's this comparison in speed between the backswing and the follow-through that determines the direction the ball will go.  If you're too fast on the follow-through (compared to the speed of backswing) then the ball goes right.  If you're too slow, the ball goes left.  Anything under the 0.24 goes right; anything over the ball goes left.

What I'd really like to know is how the swing plane (in/out; out/in; or level) affects this backswing-fowardswing paradigm.

I'd suggest practice a lot more and then see how you like the motion-swing.

Alan

Actually Alan if you swing down too fast in motion swing it will go left not the reverse. so in fact .24 is too fast and will result in a ball that starts just a little left. The pause at the top where you change direction is actually calculated as part of the baskswing whic his why most people tend to swing down way too fast.

We calculate the difference between the clubface at impact and the swing path and this creates the spin axis just like in real golf. You can see this value on the post shot screen on the practice range.

When it's tied into the character swing and we have refined it a little I think the motion swing will be a great control method and certainly the one that people looking for a challenge will gravitate towards.

#19 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:52 AM

few more things I noticed

Sand seems very compacted, would love to see a huge splash of sand, particularly for short bunker shots.

Chipping, bad back coming up, bend your legs lad lol, ani looks completelly unnatural

Landed in a bunker, legs buried, Know all about that, but I was asked to chip, instead of hit a splash shot

slope on some greens is way to much, not sure what the stimp meter reading is, or if the greens are fast or normal, for conditions set for those using all assists.

Will it be possible for all designers when CF is released who are creating real courses to actually set the average stimp meter speed for all conditions

Will it be possible to move the swing meter in motion swing to a personal comfortable preference.

Hopefully in time, play can be sped up by cutting out the need to click contine.

When I go back in to resume a game, I click Resume and thats it, am I supposed to save my progress before departing.

I would like to see the distance change for say 56 degree, from 110 to say 75 or 83 yds when I click on chip, same for a distance change if I wish to flop or pitch. Same goes for all clubs, except woods.

CGX Bruce R

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users