#1 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

What's in store for All of us TSwingers? Any info on that?

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#2 BurdieBoy

BurdieBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

is that the same as real time swing in Links 2003?

if so, i love to hear more of that.

I'm anxiously waiting for the first beta.
PP team thanks for this great project

B) B)

site_logo.gif

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hi BurdieBoy, I never played Links but TS is where you move the mouse in either a Vertical or Horizontal direction to swing your clubs..

You move the mouse back (towards you) and the club comes back, move the mouse forward (away from you) and that is your downswing..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#4 BurdieBoy

BurdieBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

axe360,

thanks for the explanation

i don't like clicking very much, i am to slow :lol:

site_logo.gif

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Either do I, either do I.. I'm hoping that the many many TSwingers will find this post so PG knows we are a big presence also...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#6 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

I haven't used the click method ever since the Links Beta 2003 released the RTS. If the click swing is the only possibility when the game Alpha is released, I, of course, will give it a try. But will be anxiously waiting a mouse movement swing.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

We have had a number of discussions largely around tempo and how it effects the swing.  For example get to fast at the top and you tend to come over the top and come out to in.  To slow and you are in to out hence draw and fade can actually be accomplished through tempo.  We could add a mouse click during the swing to reflect the release point or amount of lag in the swing.  If you dont click it you just get standard power based on length of swing but if you want to try and get that little extra bit you can do so by clicking during the downswing, the closer to the bottom of the swing you click the more power you have in the swing.  OR this could just be an advanced mode.. On the direction of the swing that would be impacted by the angle the mouse travels approach from the inside push right and vice versa.  The final area we can play with is time of backswing vs time of forward swing.  This could be fat and thin like click.  If the downswing is shorter in time than the backswing then you must have hit behind the ball and so on... Anyway lots of ideas no code yet... A

#8 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

We have had a number of discussions largely around tempo and how it effects the swing.  For example get to fast at the top and you tend to come over the top and come out to in.  To slow and you are in to out hence draw and fade can actually be accomplished through tempo.  We could add a mouse click during the swing to reflect the release point or amount of lag in the swing.  If you dont click it you just get standard power based on length of swing but if you want to try and get that little extra bit you can do so by clicking during the downswing, the closer to the bottom of the swing you click the more power you have in the swing.  OR this could just be an advanced mode.. On the direction of the swing that would be impacted by the angle the mouse travels approach from the inside push right and vice versa.  The final area we can play with is time of backswing vs time of forward swing.  This could be fat and thin like click.  If the downswing is shorter in time than the backswing then you must have hit behind the ball and so on... Anyway lots of ideas no code yet... A

Thank you Andrew, everything sounds awesome ACCEPT the part about the Clik.. please please please if you guys are dead set on having that, Please only have that for the Novice difficulty level and not for the harder/Advanced TS.

I have my reasons why I never used 3 click and I feel having to click the mouse on TS would not be a good thing. I am always open to new things but having to click the mouse during TS would not be something I would like... I am all for an advanced mode that penalizes you for miss hits, more then the Novice mode but no clicking...

So please consider ONLY using something like that, for the Novice Mode, if at all..

This may sound kind of contradictory as having to click the mouse while swinging the mouse in Advanced Mode, would truly be difficult but I'm not against difficult, just against clicking..

Hopefully I will be in on testing the TS method that PG will implement...

Thank you .

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

First off, I'm a click player and don't care for TruSwing, RealTime Swing or Powerstroke.

But.....

IMO, one area of Perfect Golf that definitely needs to be catered for is the various swing modes. There is the likelihood that Perfect Golf could inherit a large fan base (for reasons I'm sure we all know) and I am sure that there are many from both Links backgrounds and TW/TWO who have predominantly over the years played with non-click swings.

It does sound like PP have the bases covered and will be working on alternative's to click and I hope this is the case, as to forsake these swings and make click the only option would be huge mistake.

;)

• axe360 likes this

#10 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I think the key to all of this is the ability to choose .... options. The click at the release point for the RTS style swing sounds a bit like Powerstroke, or a hybrid thereof, which I think would be great if, as Andrew mentioned, it could be toggled as an added difficulty level.

Another nice option for added difficulty for the click swing would be the ability to to select an advanced  level with no "dots" on the swing meter. Seems like that would be an easy option to implement.

Really sounds like these guys are on the ball, and early ... I'm excited about the future of PC Golf!!! :)

• Acrilix likes this

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#11 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

Having a "Truswing" method of play would be great but I would also be interested to know if the game will support gamepads.

#12 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hi Everyone: 

Like Axe 360 and the others, I have only played Tru Swing since it became available on the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 game.

I'm really hoping that Real Time tru Swing will be included in this new game also.

#13 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm all for a tempo based swing as Mike suggested.

I'd also like you to consider an arcing swing similar to what is in www.ongolf.com.  This would possibly eliminate "aids" like edging and axis eliminating software. 

-MERACE

#14 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I've never been a fan of TS at all. It's always been a little bit too buggy and inconsistent for my tastes, at least in my experiences with it. I'd prefer anything as long as we have the option to use either clicks or keyboard keys. I love having my space bar actually be functional in a golf game. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#15 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

axe are you planing on setting up a TS country club when his goes online?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#16 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Another true-swonger here - so would like this option included.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#17 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

yea i play both never used 3 click till TWO

both options have their good and bad points

i like TS the best

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#18 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

axe are you planing on setting up a TS country club when his goes online?

Nah, Dave but if you do, I will surely join. :)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#19 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Nah, Dave but if you do, I will surely join. :)

i may start one it just depends on if we will be able to be involved with more then 1 country club

as i have a bunch of friends on the shack

Klipsch Sound System

#20 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Having a "Truswing" method of play would be great but I would also be interested to know if the game will support gamepads.

don`t know if any of you have played TW 14,  but the latest swing involves pulling back the left or right stick and on the hardest difficulty it`s not easy.

and of course it does eliminate the use of an edge for the mouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users