#1 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

i have a terrain of rock and stone.i have changed the terrain material to concreate to try and get more bounce from the ball when landing.the hole course is rock and stone.i am looking for more bounce from ball when hitting a rock hill or bank,or landing in rocky terrain. can anyone help? would be great.

cheers Hilton

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

The CF Physics Mesh Properties are hard coded into the game.

The Unity Terrain plays as Rough.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

I raised this question as well, ie being able to change the Unity terrain type. In my case I wanted to change the native grass to heavy rough.

#4 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

i no i cannot change the ball,but i can change the terrain type.and i can change the bounce value of that type.i have changed the terrain material to either concreate or rock and set the bounce value higher,but the bounce value for the ball on these materials  imo is set to low.when hitting a rock or slaming a drive into rocky face the ball pretty much just drops.my hole course is rock, so when the ball lands off the fairway it should bounce around more. it does not look very real when the ball hits rock and just dies.

#5 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

I didn't think you could change the physics properties. I hope your right! How'd you do it?

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Your questions have been asked and answered in past post.

http://www.perfectpa...rops-of-layers/

This thread may help. If not, some pics of your problem would

be appreciated, and may allow a more reasonable outcome.

Worry:  You can change 'em but they will not APPLY.

Also, having a whole course that is rock is not possible. Yes,

a rock texture is, but that Terrain will play as rough. I think we 

have a slight gap in communication here, on what is Terrain, and what is Mesh.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

noputt you have answered my question.thank-you.what i am trying to do cannot work.which is par for the course for me.lol thanks for your time.

fantasy.or fiction-what ever...............https://www.dropbox....on (2).zip?dl=0

#8 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

...but....we can dream... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users