pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Really need an option to  Lower/Raise the terrain and retain current work as is

So choose your brush then increase the brush size so it covers the whole  surrounding area eg- all of your green area or tees  then you can simply raise / lower  to a new height instead of manually adjusting everything.

If you see the difference between CF and PG you will know what i mean, your work is much more amplified in PG 

then you have to go back into cf and continually make adjustments

Cheers 

#2 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

I'd prefer to be able to select the (tee) spline and be able to set a height on a slider but there needs to be several selectable profiles to get different shape falloffs. Inevitably there will still be a need for smoothing to one degree or another.

• worrybirdie likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

I would like to be able to just draw say a rough around the entire course, if I want to.

Also, I would like the paint brushes to go super small and be just as responsive as when they are larger.

It jumps around to much when you go small.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#4 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:30 PM

I'd like a stable layers library. It also would be nice to be able to customize the physics models (with great care and a bit of instruction ;) ).

• axe360 and Keith like this

#5 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

I'd like a stable layers library. It also would be nice to be able to customize the physics models (with great care and a bit of instruction ;) ).

Was done in Custom Play Golf. Easy in theory by what amounted to filling out a form and saving as a text file I think then the game engine referenced that file to create the settings for different terrains.

In practice it was a complex excercise for the designer but like anything else practice made perfect.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#6 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

Was done in Custom Play Golf. Easy in theory by what amounted to filling out a form and saving as a text file I think then the game engine referenced that file to create the settings for different terrains.

In practice it was a complex excercise for the designer but like anything else practice made perfect.

Aaahh! Custom Play... Its true, I never got one of these "WHY'D IT DO THAT!" moments when suddenly something was really wrong after compiling, and you find yourself going back through saves to find a viable course file. Last time I went all the way back to before I had attempted to use the LL (for the second time...fool me twice?). Like I said I hope they fix it soon. Had some great ideas for seamless heavy rough native grass, and leaf fall under trees with physics (hadn't gotten around to the aforementioned custom cart path texture). Maybe they'll fix it for PG2 (or sooner...my course is approaching its completion!). :blink:

#7 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

Planar mapping of splines, so if I want mowing stripes on a fairway I can have them face any direction on the compass.
  • axe360, Keith and RobC like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#8 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

I would like to be able to overlap splines. You could use a "bring to front/send to back" methodology like PowerPoint to control which spline is on top. This would bring benefits to two areas that I have encountered:

-When a bunker is surrounded by grass on one half and a waste area on the other (see Pinehurst No 2)

-For first cuts that disappear as they approach the green (see Firestone South)

• M Rose, jcolton31 and RobC like this

#9 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:51 AM

How about a user manual...no... two user manuals, one for the game, and another for CF/Unity.

#10 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

I would like to be able to overlap splines. You could use a "bring to front/send to back" methodology like PowerPoint to control which spline is on top. This would bring benefits to two areas that I have encountered:

-When a bunker is surrounded by grass on one half and a waste area on the other (see Pinehurst No 2)

Yes, would be very welcome. Like lots of other good things this was done in Custom Play Golf.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#11 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

That would be outstanding....  there are certain looks it is difficult to get with splines because of the "complete circle" effect. Links was the same.

One area is that area where three or four types of splines would meet. Getting Australian sandbelt courses to look right is difficult because of this phenomenon; the bunkers are bordered by many different types of terrain. A bunker at Royal Melbourne might conceivably abut part of a green, a fairway, and then any kind of unkempt rough or dirt or long grass or scrub on the opposite side. Having to fit a bunker entirely inside a rough spline makes for a hard time trying to get the looks of these courses accurate.

Getting a realistic replica of bunkers like those on the left side of this photo can be especially difficult if you have to enclose the bunkers entirely within a complete spline of one type. You can cheat by placing long grass objects on the rough side but it isn't a great looking effect, IMO.

5w-c-big-500x375.jpg

I've tried placing bunkers isolated from other splines and surrounding by the paintable terrain, but they always end up looking like they are floating above the terrain because of the 0.15 gaps.

#12 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

I have another suggestion. I would like to be able to offset a spline by a user defined distance. This would make it much easier to create the first cut spline. I would like it to offset by a constant amount everywhere and then I could manually adjust the points as required. I thought I remembered someone else posting this in a different thread a while ago.

If you combine this with my previous request to overlap splines, you could significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to draw the first cut spline. Here is an example of how you could use these two enhancements together.

yvwPqsI.jpg

The steps to create this would be:

1. Create tee splines.
  2. Create fairway spline.
  3. Offset tee splines to create first cut around the tees.
  4. Offset the fairway spline to create the first cut around the fairway.
  5. Create the connecting splines.

This would be much faster and provide a better look that trying to manually create one first cut spline around the same splines.

#13 jcolton31

jcolton31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:19 AM

I second this suggestion. This would be a game changer. Just some sort of hierarchy between splines would be a huge step.

#14 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

I've said it before...but... be able to clone splines, then manipulate them. Great for tees, for fringes, etc. Make sure you can move, rotate and change size. (TW 08 had this) :unsure:

• Cintigolfer likes this

#15 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

Yes 08 had that. Drop a fairway, expand it by however many ft. then drop it as a different texture. made making first cuts, much easier and much cleaner and way less time consuming. Drop a tee box and if they are all the same, simple, just highlight the shape, move it, enlarge it make it smaller and drop another tee box. Saves much time. :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#16 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Highlight a spline and be able to raise/lower it evenly by slider.

As above but be able to raise/lower by a random amount.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#17 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

Point by Point drawing method when creating Fly Bys.  Stretching that line down a long dogleg par 5 can be a bit of a pain, for me anyway.

#18 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

I would like to be able to make the tee box narrower than the current minimum. I have to modify many tee boxes to accommodate the smallest width. I think the current minimum width is about 18 feet (6 meters).

• DPRoberts likes this

#19 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

If thed TAB key continues then make it work every time. You never know when you need to use the TAB key or click with the mouse.

• worrybirdie likes this

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#20 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

I would like to be able to make the tee box narrower than the current minimum. I have to modify many tee boxes to accommodate the smallest width. I think the current minimum width is about 18 feet (6 meters).

Do you mean the width between the markers?

Pebble Beach and some other real courses I've done had tee boxes (especially forward tees) which were so narrow that the markers actually sat in the rough, on both sides. I took artistic license and widened them just enough to contain the markers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users