#41 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

For me, the "Putting it All Together" tut was awesome! Now I know how to save customized textures and not blow the thing up..

Can't thank you enough Matt. :D

• DPRoberts likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#42 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

Trying to send you a pm to you Dp and get an error message

Cheers

#43 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#44 prodgers

prodgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

I have a somewhat different issue and I was wondering if it could in fact be done. I am trying to create a transparent texture so that the 'paint' under the mesh texture is the what you see. I started a course from scratch (not an overlay from sat image) and painted in tees, fairways, greens, bunkers, etc. but the mesh lays on top of the paint so it wont show through. What is the consequence of having the mesh offset set at a negative number? or is it possible to create a terrain overlay in reverse from the painted course? If it is possible to create a totally transparent texture, that would be preferable.

#45 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

I have a somewhat different issue and I was wondering if it could in fact be done. I am trying to create a transparent texture so that the 'paint' under the mesh texture is the what you see. I started a course from scratch (not an overlay from sat image) and painted in tees, fairways, greens, bunkers, etc. but the mesh lays on top of the paint so it wont show through. What is the consequence of having the mesh offset set at a negative number? or is it possible to create a terrain overlay in reverse from the painted course? If it is possible to create a totally transparent texture, that would be preferable.

This is going to be a challenge.  You need to "paint" it in photoshop and have it the same size as your terrain.  Then it would have come in via the "overlay" method.  Thats the only way I know to get what you are looking for.

#46 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

At least that's the only way I would guess on doing it,  not aware of another way.

#47 prodgers

prodgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

Just to make sure I read you here...you mean if I did a generic grass overlay the same size as my terrain and then painted everything again in courseforge, that would work? (ie I don't need to calculate distances and pixels in photoshop and repaint the entire course there)

#48 burnabao

burnabao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

I think the point is not to do the "painting" in Unity/CF, but instead to do it in a 3rd party programme such as Photoshop and then import the entire image to Unity at the same size as your terrain. If there is a way to export the now-painted unity terrain to an image somehow, you could then do what Stingreye said.

#49 burnabao

burnabao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

prodgers I just stumbled across this thread - might be what you need? http://www.perfectpa...parent-splines/

#50 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

I think the point is not to do the "painting" in Unity/CF, but instead to do it in a 3rd party programme such as Photoshop and then import the entire image to Unity at the same size as your terrain. If there is a way to export the now-painted unity terrain to an image somehow, you could then do what Stingreye said.

Yes that is exactly what I meant.  

#51 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:42 PM

prodgers I just stumbled across this thread - might be what you need? http://www.perfectpa...parent-splines/

An interesting work around there proposed by drop zone.   Use the scissors, then go into debug mode, select spline, and set it to be -.15 on the Y axis.  That can and should work actually.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users