17 replies to this topic

#1 bainsgya

bainsgya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Hello All,

I'm relatively new to course forge, and I just completed my first course. I'm trying to get it into Perfect Golf and play it, but it won't show up in the game. I've followed Mike Jones' tutorial videos, (copying and pasting the course into the Perfect Golf course folder) but when I enter Perfect Golf, the course is not there.

I've double checked that I have all 18 tees, pins, and flyovers, there are no capitals in the course name, and I've put an out of bounds boundary around my course. 

I've noticed is that inside my downloads folder, the course appears with a unity logo next to it instead of a folder logo like all the other courses. My course is described as a "unity scene file" instead of a "file folder" like all the other courses. Also, once I finish downloading the course, unity gives me a warning saying "GUI window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering or previous OnGUI did not clean up properly" at the bottom of the editor. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks so much

#2 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Did you compile the course from within the scene by clicking on the big white "P" button on a green background then clicking on the blue down arrow (often need to click this twice). There is usually a delay while CF thinks about it but then a progress bar will appear. Depending on the size of the course it will take some time.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#3 schmidt61059

schmidt61059

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Ditto. It sounds like you might not have compiled it. Once it starts compiling it will take a while, say 15-20 minutes. At least that's what a partially done course is taking for me. If it takes longer than that, then you might have the lighting issues that I had. They were addressed here:

http://www.perfectpa...bie-questions/ 

Scroll down to post 15.

#4 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

Here is what you would typically find in the Course Folder after you have compiled it.

So after you Compiled the course, you went to Perfect Parallel/Courses, then found your compiled copy, copied it, then went to Windows C: /Program Filesx86/Steam/SteamApps/Common/PerfectGolf/Courses, then copied your course into there?

Then check the folder for all for items. That's the first step, if you have that, then we can go from there.

picture001.jpg

Edited by axe360, 09 October 2017 - 12:42 AM.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#5 bainsgya

bainsgya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Did you compile the course from within the scene by clicking on the big white "P" button on a green background then clicking on the blue down arrow (often need to click this twice). There is usually a delay while CF thinks about it but then a progress bar will appear. Depending on the size of the course it will take some time.

Ditto. It sounds like you might not have compiled it. Once it starts compiling it will take a while, say 15-20 minutes. At least that's what a partially done course is taking for me. If it takes longer than that, then you might have the lighting issues that I had. They were addressed here:

http://www.perfectpa...bie-questions/ 

Scroll down to post 15.

I've compiled it in and it did not work before, I tried it again and it still did not work. Any other ideas?

#6 bainsgya

bainsgya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:35 AM

Here is what you would typically find in the Course Folder after you have compiled it.

So after you Compiled the course, you went to Perfect Parallel/Courses, then found your compiled copy, copied it, then went to Windows C: /Program Filesx86/Steam/SteamApps/Common/PerfectGolf/Courses, then copied your course into there?

Then check the folder for all for items. That's the first step, if you have that, then we can go from there.

picture001.jpg

axe360, I think you might be on to something. When I click on the folders for other courses I see the same four documents that you do. However, when I click on my course, there is no folder and a new unity tab opens up. My course says "Unity scene file" instead of "file folder" in the description.

#7 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Did you update all the splines before saving the course then compiling it.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#8 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Make sure you don't have any capitals in your scene name

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Ok Bainsgya, now we can start from step 1 and work forward.

Remember, as RocC said, NO CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE SCENE NAME, you know, the one you name "Save Scene As"?

So why don't you tell us your process from the time you hit compile? If it is compiling correctly, you will see down on the left hand bottom, it will say something like "coursebuild" and the date and time.

picture002.jpg

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#10 bainsgya

bainsgya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:23 AM

Alright axe360,

First of all thank you so much for your help. The name of my couse is "first course" so I should be alright there.

My process is as follows:

I save scene as

Turn course forge back on and compile the course. I get a warning that I don't have course images but this should not affect the process as it did not in the tutorial videos I watched. However as the course is compiling, on the bottom of the editor where yours says "course forge {build course 1}" my editor says "null reference exception: Object reference not set to an instance of object" 

The course then takes about 5 minutes to compile as it is pretty simple. When it is finished compiling, where your editor says "course forge {build course 1}" mine says "GUI window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering or previous OnGUI did not clean up properly"

I then go to documents> course forge> assets   and copy my course

Next I go to OS C:> Program files> Steam> steamapps> common> perfect golf> courses   and paste my course.

I then open up perfect golf, making sure I have quit out of it before I pasted my course and my course isn't there

#11 bainsgya

bainsgya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

Make sure you don't have any capitals in your scene name

Did you update all the splines before saving the course then compiling it.

I checked both those things. Thanks for reaching out guys, I really appreciate it

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

Alright axe360,

First of all thank you so much for your help. The name of my couse is "first course" so I should be alright there.

I save scene as

Turn course forge back on and compile the course. I get a warning that I don't have course images but this should not affect the process as it did not in the tutorial videos I watched. However as the course is compiling, on the bottom of the editor where yours says "course forge {build course 1}" my editor says "null reference exception: Object reference not set to an instance of object" 

The course then takes about 5 minutes to compile as it is pretty simple. When it is finished compiling, where your editor says "course forge {build course 1}" mine says "GUI window tries to begin rendering while something else has not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering or previous OnGUI did not clean up properly"

Next I go to OS C:> Program files> Steam> steamapps> common> perfect golf> courses   and paste my course.

I then open up perfect golf, making sure I have quit out of it before I pasted my course and my course isn't there

YW man. We will help you out, if not I will try and get you to someone who can.

So, this may be out of my league  However, You said you go to MyDocs/courseforge?

I go to (MyDocs/PerfectParallel/Courses) Unless that was a misprint?

Here is another tip, put a temp. splash in there so it will show up in the carousel. Not sure if anything would show if you don't include it? I just use the Terrain Rough as a splash.

Bottom line is I know for a fact you have to have at least the 2 folders in your course folder. If not, something is going wrong in the build process and you need to seek higher help. Maybe ask Justin9926.

picture002.jpg

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#13 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Alright axe360,

I save scene as

As a seperate issue here's the answer to the above 

http://www.perfectpa...erence-not-set/

AS far as not loading are you able to copy the project file and store it in Dropbox so it can be downloaded and inspected.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#14 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Your lighting window should look something like this.

Uncheck all boxes as in pic. Especially AUTO at bottom

Fog needs to be checked

If you don't want fog the numbers should be larger than the plot.

If you want fog then slightly smaller than plot. Set to Linear

XDuez3A.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#15 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

In CF go to File/Build Settings and check the build is for a PC.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#16 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

Bainsgya, If you have Skype installed on your computer. Give me a PM and I would be more than willing to share screens with you to help you figure this out..

Justin

To me it sounds like your going into the unity folder and copying the unity scene and trying to put that into PG, which is wrong. 

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#17 bainsgya

bainsgya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

Bainsgya, If you have Skype installed on your computer. Give me a PM and I would be more than willing to share screens with you to help you figure this out..

Justin

To me it sounds like your going into the unity folder and copying the unity scene and trying to put that into PG, which is wrong. 

YW man. We will help you out, if not I will try and get you to someone who can.

So, this may be out of my league  However, You said you go to MyDocs/courseforge?

I go to (MyDocs/PerfectParallel/Courses) Unless that was a misprint?

Here is another tip, put a temp. splash in there so it will show up in the carousel. Not sure if anything would show if you don't include it? I just use the Terrain Rough as a splash.

Bottom line is I know for a fact you have to have at least the 2 folders in your course folder. If not, something is going wrong in the build process and you need to seek higher help. Maybe ask Justin9926.

picture002.jpg

Thanks for the help guys, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was going into (documents> course forge> assets) and copying my course instead of going into (documents>perfect parallel>courses). Rookie mistake, thanks for helping me figure it out.

#18 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

Glad you got it sorted. :)

Done with designing.