#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

have been testing some of the courses that have the challenge skills shot drop spots for PGLS skills challenge

and i got to say you have done a great job on these placements on your courses

so far getting to the greens is not a problem, but getting close is another story.

ya just gotta tell me how to make that green on 14 on Karen where the starting spot is under the bench

i only hit 3 shots there and got the ball free of the bench but what are you doing to get it to the green.

or do i got to know the secret handshake.

great job there on your courses and all you do to help further the game.

dude you do a great job at this stuff what a talent you are

thanks

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for your kind words.

On challenge 14, hit a 1 or 3 iron or driver/3 wood -  I forget which, I designed Karen quite some time ago. Just pick a very low club, set its flight curve to low and hit it at half speed, a little bit like a half-hearted punch shot. The ball should take off low enough to not hit the bench, then scoot forward through the rough and roll out onto the green or near it (or, if hit too hard, into the water behind the green). So err on the short side, you should easily get into pitching,chipping or even putting range, then down in 2 from there.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for your kind words.

On challenge 14, hit a 1 or 3 iron or driver/3 wood -  I forget which, I designed Karen quite some time ago. Just pick a very low club, set its flight curve to low and hit it at half speed, a little bit like a half-hearted punch shot. The ball should take off low enough to not hit the bench, then scoot forward through the rough and roll out onto the green or near it (or, if hit too hard, into the water behind the green). So err on the short side, you should easily get into pitching,chipping or even putting range, then down in 2 from there.

tried but like i said i only played with it for 3 shots. you only get 1 shot during the challenge.

great to you are setting these i really like all your courses , some are out of this world.lol

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

I suppose some practicing may be required for that one. Perhaps practice mode? Or a solo round with only the 14th challenge tee on and unlimited mulligans? I remember I had no idea if that one would work out, and during play-testing I had to experiment quite a bit to satisfy myself that this was a viable challenge tee indeed - a wickedly mean one, yes, but not an impossible one.

CF does not give us the ability to integrate secret handshakes into our designs. Which is a pity, I so would enjoy the ability to add these...

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users