1 reply to this topic

#1 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

Yesterday I created a new Unity project and loaded the CF tutorial to test a raw file I'd created for someone at OGT.  When I created the project I gave it a name.

Today when I hovered the mouse over Unity in the Start menu to bring up recent files, CFtutorial was listed, not the name I'd created.  Strange I thought.  So clicked on it.  Then a Unity menu came up with my recent files.  So I make a hasty decision and clicked on a different project I wanted to work on.  Something starts decompressing, and I get a bad feeling.

Sure enough, that CF tutorial loaded itself on top of my existing project.  Tried loading the scene file - nothing.

I was about to get righteously upset when I realised I'd recently backed the terrain up before doing adjustments around a hazard.  Sure enough, it looks like I've salvaged the work.  A custom rough layer I'd created is now gone from the library (although that layer still looks the same in the window until I click on it and it says its a bunker), but if that's all I have to fix I'm thankful.

TLDR back up the terrain.

#2 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Yesterday I created a new Unity project and loaded the CF tutorial to test a raw file I'd created for someone at OGT.  When I created the project I gave it a name.

Today when I hovered the mouse over Unity in the Start menu to bring up recent files, CFtutorial was listed, not the name I'd created.  Strange I thought.  So clicked on it.  Then a Unity menu came up with my recent files.  So I make a hasty decision and clicked on a different project I wanted to work on.  Something starts decompressing, and I get a bad feeling.

Sure enough, that CF tutorial loaded itself on top of my existing project.  Tried loading the scene file - nothing.

I was about to get righteously upset when I realised I'd recently backed the terrain up before doing adjustments around a hazard.  Sure enough, it looks like I've salvaged the work.  A custom rough layer I'd created is now gone from the library (although that layer still looks the same in the window until I click on it and it says its a bunker), but if that's all I have to fix I'm thankful.

TLDR back up the terrain.

I have been very slack about this lately.  Thanks for the much needed reminder!

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users