Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

What game would you be playing? (Poll)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: What game would you be playing? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

What golf game would you be playing now if PG didn't exist?

1. TGC 1 (2 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. TGC 2 (13 votes [20.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

3. Rory (1 votes [1.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.56%

4. Links (25 votes [39.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.06%

5. TW on consoles (4 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

6. TW on PC (8 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

7. Other (4 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

8. None (7 votes [10.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

I am sort of curious what golf game everybody would be playing if PG didn't exist?

The poll allows multiple choices and please do feel free to explain your vote if you'd like.

I would be playing Tiger Woods 2008 on PC due to the course selection and super simple direct multiplayer that works for my unique needs.

Edit: I might be playing TW14 on PS3 also actually. Selected both.

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

I'd be playing TW14.  It had a swing I liked.  A career mode I liked.  The only thing I didn't like was the multiplayer.  Xbox Live kids and Amateur level 24/7, so I just played career mode.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Links no question.

#4 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Probably Links.... more accurately, I'd still be designing for Links.... and banging my head against the wall after a month of seam-blending.

• Drgnslyr221 likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#5 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

LINKS, although I wouldn't be playing, but play testing using

the new things I've learned with PS over the last few years to improve the

Anis and Clubs, and I still may do that very thing as I have some ideas,

and still have the Player and Club codes.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

You should have "None" as a choice or option.  The last computer golf game I owned was TW 08 and I stopped playing that in 2011.  I looked at some game play videos of TGC on You Tube but thought the ball physics didn't look right not to mention the Quasimodo avatars.  PG got me interested again because it seemed they were aiming for a more realistic golf game and not the arcade type like the EA games where people in tournaments were shooting scores that were laughable.  Motion swing was okay but  RTS-M sold me on this game.

RTSM - Pro

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

@slouis: I added None as an option
Thx

#8 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

I'd be working my way through the Links Clip Notes.  And trying to finish that damned last level of Frozen Synapse.

#9 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

I chose “other”..as I proberly be playing wgt and/or winning putt.:I do have t.w.o. installed but it’s heartbreaking cause I did a clean install of windows a while back and I lost everything I earned up till they closed ..I’ve played it some and earned some of the ea clubs back..i dont know if I’ll be able to earn the best clubs/balls u had to buy or not..I’ve never played links..

#10 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

I chose TGC2 although it isn't as good of a golf sim as i would like. There are too many arcade elements in it, the swing mechanic could use a bit more difficulty (i praise RTS-M here!!) and the physics generally leave a lot to be desired. But it isn't a bad game.

What lures me in is TGCT - a big online tournament site with ~1300 active players. It's just fun for me to compete online against others. Trying to climb to the top tour or trying to qualify for the Majors. I played at OGT for a long time. But playing against the same 25-30 guys week in and week out got a little stale for me.

#11 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

Not "would be playing", but still am playing Links and way more than PG!    Still enjoying the game, playing with family and friends in our "Friday Night Golf Round"...  Voip, beer, drinks, laughs, etc.   As crazy it may seem, courses are still being designed for it, so we continue to play 'em!.  

Could care less about a golf game being a "Sim"... its all about the fun for me and Links still brings it. 

PG, the occasional individual round to check out new designs by the very talented designers here...

#12 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

You never included PGA 2000 so i voted TW on pc,  PGA 2000 graphics are terrible and not as nice as links but the game play is second to none.

• frank70 likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#13 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

TGC1 as it's the only other game with simulator support.

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

I voted Links but may have eventually packed that in as well, as good as the game still is. It no longer resides on my PC's but may have done if PG hadn't have surfaced. 

More than likely doing what I'm doing gnow and playing more of my other games and majority of the time playing driving titles. Currently Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 and iRacing, WRC7, F1 2017 and RaceRoom Racing Experience on PC. 

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

You never included PGA 2000 so i voted TW on pc,  PGA 2000 graphics are terrible and not as nice as links but the game play is second to none.

Sorry man… I honestly didn't think anybody would play something that far back still.
I absolutely played the hell out of that game… But I did get it going on virtual windows a couple years ago and I just couldn't stomach looking at it anymore in this era.

Man what a game for it's time though!!!!

#16 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Can we kill this topic since every time someone votes. It appears as "new content" item.

Richard

Posted Image

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

Can we kill this topic since every time someone votes. It appears as "new content" item.

?

The whole forum is broken right now… Why single this out?
Besides...a new vote technically is new content anyhow.
  • RobV likes this

#18 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

?

The whole forum is broken right now… Why single this out?
Besides...a new vote technically is new content anyhow.

Because at the time of my post it was the only ‘new content’ in this whole super active forum. Also I believe that someone else made the same point. I don’t recall any other poll question behaving the same. I’m sure that you will correct me if I’m wrong.
Richard

Posted Image

#19 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

Deleted, duplicate 

Richard

Posted Image

#20 Jesus Jones

Jesus Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

I've tried tgc2 recently and I received a refund. Very arcadish after playing this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users