#1 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Hello

Working on a fairly new project using the Tropical templete from K11.

I started out with a par 3 / Hole # 4 and added pins ... so far so good.

I now work with hole 5 / a Par 5 and when  I add the pins , and move them arround, the slope index shows 0 dgrs, even though its is clearly that the green slopes ( see that when using the flatten tool and moving that arround ) 

I quickly made a fake-green for hole 6 , just beside the 5th green , and planted a pin on a really severe slope and the indicater there showe a 20 dgrs slope ... So Hole 4 and 6 acts normal , but hole 5 seems to be dead flat .

Any ideas anyone ? / Thanks Ola

(All this is what shows up in Unity ... have build the project yet since seeing this ...)

EDIT  http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/9583-placed-pins-does-not-show-degree-of-slope/

#2 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hi Ola,

See my resolution from http://www.perfectpa...showing-degree/

Put Y scale to 1 in MJWater4advanced and in ocean's tile file Y-level to 0 if I remember correctly. Then adjust the level of the ocean normally. No waves then, but your ocean is then at the level where your eyes see it.

I tested to play to the greens and fairways were slope degrees didn't show and it made water landing effect in the fairway and green :D.

Check the inspector's Y-values from the other "water4advanced" files if I remembered them incorrectly. But the invisible height (wave scale or something like that) of the ocean level is the reason for this.

#3 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Did you spot that the default "Y" setting is -4 in this package. Needs to be corrected or terrain problems will arise.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#4 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Did you spot that the default "Y" setting is -4 in this package. Needs to be corrected or terrain problems will arise.

Yes ... I did all that ... but I think I failed on the ocean ... I selected it in the window and not in the hirarchy, so I probably only raised the "Tile-File" +4 ...making it weard ... all good now ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users